Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Those with retrofits in first gen ES/GS/SC projector housings

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-03, 01:38 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Those with retrofits in first gen ES/GS/SC projector housings

I have a question for you. Is it noticable that the light output is slighly lower when compared to OEM HID equiped cars? Here's my dilema. Recently, I retrofitted a set of Audi TT/ BMW 3 series non Bi-Xenon projectors into my 95 ES. I'm using 4100K Osram bulbs that were new when I got them (they haven't done the color shift thing to blue yet) After properly adjusting the height and horizontal settings to be the way they should, I drive around at night and notice OEM BMW 3 series / 5 series/ Audi TT/ A4/ A6 ect. pull up next to me and this is what I find. Our height of our beams are proportional however, more light from their projectors hits the ground than mine. I even bought a set of projector covers to keep all the light focused from seeping out the gaps in the openings of the metal from escaping into my housing however with all of these mods, nothing seems to make my projector lighting come closer to the real thing. They are definately brighter than stock halogen even HID conversion kits. However, the lighting is like 30 % dimmer than OEM. Could it be the thick plastic clear cover for the headlights that is creating this problem? Any way around this? HELP!!!!

Last edited by tiguy99; 09-22-03 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-23-03, 02:01 AM
Toysrme
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would take a very long time for 4K bulbs to color shift to blue.

Get down on the ground and slide away from the car and see where it goes from dim to bright in referance to the ground. That'll tell you if somethings obstructing the light, or it just isn't going to shoot there.