LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

98 celsior stereo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-23 | 08:24 PM
RUSTYSHOVEL
2nd gear

Default 98 celsior stereo wiring

Hello, I own a 98 celsior with a stock Toyota pioneer stereo and bought an aftermarket Ken wood stereo I am trying to install. I have looked at a lot of ls400 wiring diagrams/tutorials but the harness connectors do not match up and the wire colours are different. The only wire I have been able to identify is the ACC wire which I metered 12 volts on when the key was turned to this position. Still unsure of ground and constant 12v wires as well as all the speakers. I tried to measure for 2 or 4 ohms resistance across all the wires but nothing consistent came of this. Please help!

Old 06-20-23 | 10:54 PM
RUSTYSHOVEL
2nd gear

Originally Posted by RUSTYSHOVEL
Hello, I own a 98 celsior with a stock Toyota pioneer stereo and bought an aftermarket Ken wood stereo I am trying to install. I have looked at a lot of ls400 wiring diagrams/tutorials but the harness connectors do not match up and the wire colours are different. The only wire I have been able to identify is the ACC wire which I metered 12 volts on when the key was turned to this position. Still unsure of ground and constant 12v wires as well as all the speakers. I tried to measure for 2 or 4 ohms resistance across all the wires but nothing consistent came of this. Please help!

I have definitely spoken too soon, I have found a very useful website with a lot of different stereo models and harness connector pin layouts if anyone feels overwhelmed like I did. I have linked the two websites.http://tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-c...-Connector.htm

http://tehnomagazin.com/Auto-radio-c...-Connector.htm