LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How much is my car worth

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-24, 02:42 AM
Willyam
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is my car worth

Hi guys i got a 95 Lexus ls400 in a trade and it only has 83k miles. Its holds a salvage title, I give the interior a 7/10 because there’s a rip in the driver seat. I give the exterior an 8/10, it has a brand new 3 stage pearl white paint job. It’s runs perfectly fine only thing that’s wrong from what I can tell so far is that it has a leak in the power steering pump, I’m having to top it off every 3-4 days. How much do you think I could get for it? Also i think it’s the coach edition but im not sure
Old 01-28-24, 08:04 AM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 294 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Willyam
Hi guys i got a 95 Lexus ls400 in a trade and it only has 83k miles. Its holds a salvage title, I give the interior a 7/10 because there’s a rip in the driver seat. I give the exterior an 8/10, it has a brand new 3 stage pearl white paint job. It’s runs perfectly fine only thing that’s wrong from what I can tell so far is that it has a leak in the power steering pump, I’m having to top it off every 3-4 days. How much do you think I could get for it? Also i think it’s the coach edition but im not sure
Coach editions were only available in 1997, so this is just a standard LS 400

Does the car have any options like air suspension?

The paint job is nice, but it's not original. The roof is black and the lower is not two tone. The chrome has also been painted over. Picky buyers looking for originality might not like that. All of the lights also look like they were tinted

The biggest thing hurting the car here is the salvage title

I would say that if the timing belt is done and the power steering leak is fixed, you can probably expect somewhere between $4k - $6k in this market because of the salvage title and the low mileage.

If you have all of the documentation of the salvage repairs done with photos, you might be able to get more from a confident buyer.
Old 01-28-24, 01:44 PM
Willyam
2nd gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CELSI0R
Coach editions were only available in 1997, so this is just a standard LS 400

Does the car have any options like air suspension?

The paint job is nice, but it's not original. The roof is black and the lower is not two tone. The chrome has also been painted over. Picky buyers looking for originality might not like that. All of the lights also look like they were tinted

The biggest thing hurting the car here is the salvage title

I would say that if the timing belt is done and the power steering leak is fixed, you can probably expect somewhere between $4k - $6k in this market because of the salvage title and the low mileage.

If you have all of the documentation of the salvage repairs done with photos, you might be able to get more from a confident buyer.
Thank you so much man I appreciate that
Old 01-28-24, 06:56 PM
400fanboy
Racer

Received 422 Likes on 329 Posts

It also entirely depends on how the car is presented. Pictures, the ad, the listing of the specifics, whether you're willing to wait for the "right" buyer.

How much it's worth =\ how much it will sell for.

"well it leaks PS fluid every 3-4 days" which means the pump (probably) needs a rebuild\replace. I agree about the $4-6k figure. The salve title halves the value at least. Look at LS400's on Bringatrailer, and replicate those pictures, they're the most important thing. The hour you spend getting the pictures may net you another $500 on the sale, the ROI on your time is really high.
Old 01-28-24, 08:17 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 294 Likes on 231 Posts

Agreed on the previous point - if you want to ask more, there's absolutely no problem in doing so. You may just need to be patient for the right buyer to come along

Alternatively, you could keep this car and really enjoy it

It's a good, low mileage example that could last you a really long time with a few of those repairs
Old 01-29-24, 01:21 PM
timmy0tool

Received 422 Likes on 376 Posts

power steering leak and salvaged title will hurt the sale. i say $3k at most, and that's just because of the market. CA has a different level of demand, and there are not a lot of folks anymore interested in a v8 sedan - it's a niche market today (unfortunately).