LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Bose Suspension / Prototype Car in MA

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-24, 06:59 PM
as99east
Pit Crew

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Bose Suspension / Prototype Car in MA

Kind of interesting if anyone cares. I have seen the CNET video for this Bose suspension that never was commercialized, it is on YouTube. Unfortunately the actual shocks have been pulled out so this is just a partial parts car it seems and nothing more really although those “Bose” wheel caps are kinda cool I guess

Listing:
https://www.facebook.com/share/ErgxNX2kuyMxbAxf/?mibextid=79PoIi
The following users liked this post:
Stroock639 (09-29-24)
Old 09-29-24, 07:54 PM
Stroock639
Lexus Test Driver

Received 248 Likes on 189 Posts

that's sick as hell!! thing really seems to have had some rough miles put on it, underside looks very rusty too

i love this pic though lmao... that custom suspension must've been one hell of a project to be a part of

still one of the greatest active suspension demos!
Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 387 Likes on 228 Posts

Too cool. Thanks for sharing!
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 303 Likes on 239 Posts

It's amazing to see all of the custom work they did on the car (those poor rear axles look over stressed!)

I like how the front strut rod bars are similar to the UCF20 design with the pressed bushing into the suspension arms

Some things are quite strange though, like the extended strut towers for the electromagnetic struts, and the reversed front cross member, which now places the steering rack and the stabilizer bar right behind and below the oil pan!

I am personally torn on if this car should be saved and preserved as a part of history, or if it should be stripped of its useful parts to keep a nice one on the road... Really hard to say, but it would make someone a great parts car

However, I would love to see this in a museum
Old Today, 10:21 AM
400fanboy
Racer

Received 427 Likes on 334 Posts

There are millions of cars out there which get used as is their purpose. And I prefer that being the case - I hate garage queens. But I'm ok if a couple of them are preserved in a museum and put on a plinth for all to see.

Whether this one is one of those, I'm not sure lol. I suspect the modifications make it impractical to revert back to stock. Always makes me wonder who stores these things though. Who owned and kept it on their lot in such a un-restored and molested condition? Normally the collectors really care about these things and they keep them halfway decent. This one looks like it's been left to rot