LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-04 | 06:31 AM
clark
Driver School Candidate

Default Just installed Vitek wires

Just finished installing Vitek wires. While I was at it, I replaced the rotors and distributor caps. From the looks of the old components and how much more time consuming it is to replace the caps and rotors, my guess is they were all original items. Not bad for 165K miles. You may want to check yours because one of my old rotors was cracked in two places. The rotors were very pitted.

I can say that my Vitek spark plug wires fit very close to OEM. I routed the wires per the Lexus repair manual which leaves very little room for excess length. Everything fit fine behind all the wiring covers. All wires were very similar in length to the OEM. One thing that OEM wires had that the Vitek did not was the cylinder number printed on each wire. I believe the Vitek wires are comparable in price to the Lexus wires, around $135.
Old 01-08-04 | 06:41 AM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

They look nice...... I should be getting mine hopefully soon. I got the Torque Master spark plugs Group Buy already just waiting on the wires........... It snowing over here too. I will just have to go find/borrow a garage.

Dont wait till spring......
Old 01-08-04 | 10:12 AM
Rice
Pole Position

I just ordered some Vitek wires in silver. Can't wait to install them. I don't expect to notice any performance gains, but the wires cost almost the same as OEM, so I have nothing to lose.
Old 01-08-04 | 03:32 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Just installed Vitek wires

Originally posted by clark
While I was at it, I replaced the rotors and distributor caps.
Thats a good idea i will check mine while Im at it. My car just hit 100,000 Kilometers. Thats about 80,000 miles.
Old 01-08-04 | 09:31 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Wow, more people ordered these than I thought would! It's good to hear from a CL member that they do indeed fit .

Replacing the rotors, distributor caps, and spark plugs was what I was hinting at in my last post. Technically you just need to inspect these things during a tune-up, but when you have over 100K on your car you might as well just replace those parts. Doing a tune-up is going to be my next tutorial .

I might have to borrow some heaters from my friends. I don't think I can wait to install these! It's cold here, but I did install 2 rolls of RAAMmat when it was about 30 degrees. This shouldn't be too bad if I wait for a warmer day. I can at least test the resistance of the new wires though.....
Old 01-11-04 | 05:21 PM
Wide LS
Lead Lap

I have to agree with you, the shipping took forever. Like 2 or 3 weeks. The wire color makes no difference because the wires go under some plastic cover. So I think it was pointless to choose a color unless you don't put the cover but it looks odd with out the covers. I noticed a big improvement on my pick up after I installed the new spark plugs and wires. I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I would highly recomend these wires.
Old 01-11-04 | 06:49 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

MIA for a while, but Im still here.

Torque Master Plugs and Vitek Wires were installed and responsiveness and power are increased especially when the car is floored with these two items. Dont know which one helped more, but Im satisfied.

Just wait a few months for my next mod people, if eveything works out its time to shock the world. Im going to be playing with the big boys now.

here are some pictures.

Torque Master Plugs and Vitek Wires

Installed

Here are some other engine mods

BFI intake with K&N cone

X-pipe

Last edited by LOTC; 01-11-04 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-11-04 | 07:21 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LordoftheCelsiors
Just wait a few months for my next mod people, if eveything works out its time to shock the world. Im going to be playing with the big boys now.]
The only way you will shock me is you gain 300 LBS......... is that how your going to hang w/ the big boys. LOL

waiting to see .........

Last edited by LOTC; 01-11-04 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-12-04 | 06:20 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

i cant see how the TM plugs could give you more power unless you had old plugs to begin with. I bet new OEM would give you the same "increased power" as the TM after changing old plugs
Old 01-12-04 | 10:15 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by persian451
i cant see how the TM plugs could give you more power unless you had old plugs to begin with. I bet new OEM would give you the same "increased power" as the TM after changing old plugs
Then stick with the stock plugs and the rest of us will buy the TM. Have you read up about the TM plugs on the web site? If you did then what they wrote up about them is a bunch of lies?

Sure I`ll bet you.........
Old 01-12-04 | 10:20 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

hmm maybe a search

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...highlight=dyno

Although this was on a GS400, but the dyno didnt lie. Also combined with the Vitek Wires the gain should be a little bit more.
Old 01-12-04 | 10:34 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by {-.-}
Then stick with the stock plugs and the rest of us will buy the TM. Have you read up about the TM plugs on the web site? If you did then what they wrote up about them is a bunch of lies?

Sure I`ll bet you.........
I dont know how you think man, but anyone can put bullshi** on their website and say this and that about their product. Its called marketing. you cant just go: "well gee, if the TM website says they give you more horsepower, they must GIVE you more horsepower."

As for the GS dyno, I think it would be interesting to see how the LS does with new OEM plugs vs. TM plugs.

But I really think someone should do a review on the plugs for the LS and to see if the results were worth $15.00 sparks plugs or whatever they are priced at
Old 01-12-04 | 10:49 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Holy Resize LOC!!!

Supercharge that puppy Eric!!
Old 01-12-04 | 11:13 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Originally posted by Pagong
Holy Resize LOC!!!

Supercharge that puppy Eric!!
Its coming, but I have so many others things that will come along with it. This is the year In fact I have items awaiting me at my importer, but Im just a lazy guy cant u tell by the pics not being resized.

Last edited by LOTC; 01-12-04 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-12-04 | 11:50 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

I dont know how you think man, but anyone can put bullshi** on their website and say this and that about their product. Its called marketing. you cant just go: "well gee, if the TM website says they give you more horsepower, they must GIVE you more horsepower."
Yes I know its called marketing.........

But way before CL let them do a Group buy on the TM plugs. CL members were raving on how good they are. Not only on CL but other Boards they talk about how much better they are then stock ones. I believe what others say before I believed what I read on the web site.

If they were NOT better then stock CL would not let them (Carson Toyota) do a group buy for us.

Peace

Quick Reply: AFTERMARKET spark plug wires.