LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Where to attach Cargo Net??

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-04, 12:40 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Kansas
A small point but we found that the plastic "Lexus" logo tag at the center of the net has a better chance of surviving if the net is installed with the tab towards the inside of the trunk.

Otherwise, when large items (even large light items) are in the net, the logo tab sometimes ends up right on the trunk opening sill - and then "crunch!" it's broken and then you have a "Le" logo tag!
Good point , I had it that way to show it is a Lexus Net not aftermarket ,But I hardly ever use the net most of the time it is removed and stored under next to the spare tire, because I use a car cover at work and then I have to lift cover over the net every day get to be a pain..............
Old 08-23-04, 09:10 AM
Bj(CA)
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wonder if i can ad a net to my 97? if so, where on the net can i get the best price?

thanks
bj
Old 08-23-04, 09:19 AM
caliness
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bj(CA)
i wonder if i can ad a net to my 97? if so, where on the net can i get the best price?

thanks
bj
I bought mine of eBay. Make sure you get the hooks with it, too. Looks and fits perfect!
You can get it for a great price at lexus-parts.com - I think around $24.
Old 08-23-04, 10:51 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

I have an identical net. However, I have no idea how to hook it up. It came with hooks that look like they're for the floormats.

Are these the hooks you guys were referring to?

BTW, I have a GS, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Old 08-23-04, 04:40 PM
caliness
Pole Position

Originally posted by Cadd
I have an identical net. However, I have no idea how to hook it up. It came with hooks that look like they're for the floormats.

Are these the hooks you guys were referring to?

BTW, I have a GS, not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Yes, you need those hooks in order to attach the net. You will find caps that hold the plastic trunk peice to the rest of your trunk. Remove those plastic caps with a flat screw driver. Then screw in the hooks. It will first feel like the screw is too big to fit there, but you need to screw it in very hard at first.
Lexkost posted pics of his trunk and net. You should check it out to make it easier for you to understand.
Old 08-24-04, 09:24 AM
Bj(CA)
Driver

Originally posted by caliness
Yes, you need those hooks in order to attach the net. You will find caps that hold the plastic trunk peice to the rest of your trunk. Remove those plastic caps with a flat screw driver. Then screw in the hooks. It will first feel like the screw is too big to fit there, but you need to screw it in very hard at first.
Lexkost posted pics of his trunk and net. You should check it out to make it easier for you to understand.
great, thanks!!
Old 08-24-04, 10:06 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

This is the Lexus Net Hook :
Attached Thumbnails Where to attach Cargo Net??-my-pictures.jpg  
Old 08-24-04, 11:03 AM
Bj(CA)
Driver

dang, none on ebay at this time!
Old 08-24-04, 11:05 AM
caliness
Pole Position

Originally posted by Bj(CA)
dang, none on ebay at this time!
Actually, there is one. But no hooks with it; useless for you.
I suggest buying it at lexus-parts.com. Their price isn't that bad for the net, plus it's brand new!
Old 08-24-04, 12:18 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Look here :

http://www.lexuspartsmall.com/cgi/osgroup.cgi?g=CRGNTS
Old 08-24-04, 01:29 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

LexKost

That web site does not mention the LS400 net as comming with hooks??

Anyways here is what my JM Service advisor replied about the net. Not too much help there either...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 3:42 PM
To: Horta Jerry-EJH030
Subject: RE: How much does this cost?

$35.00 regardless of the model. They don't make one for the ls400. What we think they did is use the one for the ls430 which just became availible recently.

From: Horta Jerry-EJH030 [mailto:Jerry.Horta@motorola.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:36 PM
To: William Donald
Subject: How much does this cost?

Bill

Hey buddy, I just discovered you all offer a cargo net for the LS. I never knew that? Could you please let me know if you have them in stock and how much it would cost? Also I have been told the LS net come supplied with the trunk hooks since our cars do not have them.

I have attached two pictures of the net installed in a 96 LS.
Old 08-24-04, 05:44 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Lexkost,

The picture of the hook seems to be the correct hook for the net.

I think I got the cargo net (brand new) from someone on e-bay. My cargo net came with FLOORMAT hooks! LOL.

Do you think the Stealerships can spare two hooks for me? Or do you think they'll charge me $5.99 for them?
Old 08-24-04, 09:59 PM
caliness
Pole Position

Originally posted by Cadd
Lexkost,

The picture of the hook seems to be the correct hook for the net.

I think I got the cargo net (brand new) from someone on e-bay. My cargo net came with FLOORMAT hooks! LOL.

Do you think the Stealerships can spare two hooks for me? Or do you think they'll charge me $5.99 for them?
I think you'll be lucky if you can get them seperately, period. Your best bet is to request it from the seller. That's what I did when I realized that the auction didnt include the hooks. Had to cough up a few extra bucks but I had no choice.
Old 10-06-04, 12:23 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Hey guys

Well I finally got my cargo net. First off my service rep who is great told me Lexus does NOT make a cargo net specifically for the LS400. I had to go back to the parts girl and talk to her. She looked it up in her Monster sized book and there it was. She ordered it for me and three days later I got a call.

Installation was a 30 second job and its now in my truck. It did come with the hooks needed. I paid $34 and am very happy. Now I need to go shopping....geese I just sounded like my wife, scary.

Part Number 00420-50950
Description Cargo Net - Lexus LS400

Jerry Horta
Old 10-06-04, 01:24 PM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Horta
Hey guys

Well I finally got my cargo net. First off my service rep who is great told me Lexus does NOT make a cargo net specifically for the LS400. I had to go back to the parts girl and talk to her. She looked it up in her Monster sized book and there it was. She ordered it for me and three days later I got a call.

Installation was a 30 second job and its now in my truck. It did come with the hooks needed. I paid $34 and am very happy. Now I need to go shopping....geese I just sounded like my wife, scary.

Part Number 00420-50950
Description Cargo Net - Lexus LS400

Jerry Horta

Thanks for the part # !

Sounding like your wife? Depends what kind of shopping your going to do. Wax? Leather Cleaner?

Quick Reply: Where to attach Cargo Net??