LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Zaino Effect

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-04, 10:47 AM
audphile1
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trust me I know what the maintenance is like for a dark color paint. I had a black 4Runner and an LS400 in dark green, just like your LS430 pine green. Great looking color but very reveiling as far as finish imperfections are concerned. Black 4Runner was a pain to wax, but once done, it looked amazing. Now my current car, the LS430, is silver and I am kind of glad that it's pretty maintenance-free, but drawback is that it doesn't shine like dark colors do. I am not too occupied thinking that it won't be as shiny as black car would be and will still put on it the best polish I can buy.
Old 10-28-04, 12:32 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

living in the northeast, winter sucks because of the chemicals they use on the roads when it snows. I figure a synthetic will have a better chance of lasting the entire winter before you strip it off and start over than a wax will. I am not a scientist so I am just guessing here. but it sure is easy to apply and buff.
Old 10-29-04, 10:23 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

OK. Zaino was applied. Just finished doing it. Took me little over 3hrs. Since my car was so smooth I decided not to clay it at this time. Probably should have though. What I did is washed it good with dawn using cotton towel, dried it using cotton towel. Had to wait about 20 minutes until dried and started working on it. I was asked on this post to compare zaino and zymol cleaner wax. I can not compare these 2 waxes at all. Although I only applied 1 coat of zaino and followed with gloss enhancing spray, it was enough to blow away anything else I used in the past. Zymol doesn't even come close to this stuff. It's simply amazing. I have a silver LS430 and was sceptical about how much gloss the car will have after zaino. I was shocked. It's like a mirror. The more you buff it the more it glows. Simply amazing. I will do another coat in the morning when I wake up, because I am feeling a little tired right now, especially after working all day and then waxing the car. But, I got to tell you people who does not believe the zaino will make a difference, try it out and you won't believe your eyes! I will see what another coat of this stuff will do.
Also, I have applied zaino tire gloss as well. It's great. Doesn't shine as much as meguiars, but I like it more I think. It just give the tires that natural satin black. great stuff people. I highly recommend it. A++++
Old 10-29-04, 11:12 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pics please.
Old 10-30-04, 07:33 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used both Zymol (the blue stuff) and Zaino (the pink stuff) on my cars. Like you, I prefer Zaino. Why? 2 reasons.

1 - Because Zaino shines a little better. I can't really say Zaino blows Zymol away. Zymol makes it nice and shiny too.

but the MAIN REASON (especially if you have a dark color car) is:

2 - Zymol leaves this NASTY white residue!!!!!! I still have the white residue from 6 months ago from Zymol on the car. If you use Zymol, you have to be careful not to get too close to the edges. You can't get it between the cracks along the roofline or the doors or gas door. After you take off the wax, the edges of those hard to reach places will REMAIN white!!!!!!!

With Zaino, I apply it all over. I apply it on my headlights, on my tail lights, on my wheels (EVERYWHERE). It doesn't leave any of that white CRAP.

Additionally, if you have a car that has a plastic sidings running along the door (such as my CR-V), you better not apply Zymol there. The black piece of plastic turned GRAY. I kept on trying to get the wax off it, but it took weeks before it finally came all off!

With Zaino, I can wax the plastic without having to worry about it turning a different color.

But the good thing about Zymol is that it smells pretty good (like coconut) and that you actually see the wax on the car whereas with Zaino, you're only supposed to use drops at a time. You do NOT slap the stuff on. You carefully apply it (drops at a time) so that you can see it haze up and disappear. If you can see Zaino on the car, you're using too much of it.
Old 10-30-04, 03:51 PM
audphile1
Pole Position

Can't do pics yet. Raining here in NYC. Once nice, will snap few. Why I think zaino blows away zymol is because on silver I have never seen this kind of shine. Zymol has a nice shine as well, but nowhere near zaino. On the black car, I would probably agree that zymol is nice as well, because it's easier to see black paint shine then silver. But again, zaino is better in all respects. Protection, long lasting, and it does not leave the plastic and rubber with nasty white residue
Old 10-30-04, 04:24 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Smile

Thanks for the feedback, I will try Zaino next time