LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What I found on my driveway today

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-04, 11:29 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

WOW, I just notiiced this thread. Your new car is looking awesome! I'll have to get myself an LS one of these days!

BTW, gsxotic, that's a beautiful home. What area is that?

Last edited by howiedoit; 12-03-04 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-03-04, 04:31 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by blueGS400
whats the deal about the pre 04 ls430 u guys are talking about,,,,,,,,,,,whats major diff other than tails????

look same to me
The 04 model also has different headlamps, and it's more sporty. The 04 looks nice in stock though.
Old 12-03-04, 04:33 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by howiedoit
WOW, I just notiiced this thread. Your new car is looking awesome! I'll have to get myself an LS one of these days!

BTW, gsxotic, that's a beautiful home. What area is that?
I still like my LS400 better though, it looks more CATCHY......

BTW, Mark lives in the beautiful Beverly H............nah, that's in Fullerton, Orange County. Very nice area

Last edited by ATSOU; 12-03-04 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-03-04, 07:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
its funny that CL members and vendors share alot of the same tastes. I have always felt the same way about the pre 04 LS430. There was a couple beautiful white ones on the older Auto-Couture site that made me feel differently though. Both were modded with the same parts that Rom mentioned.

ATSOU what kit are you thinking of going with? (if you dont mind sharing)
yeah, see, we all think alike hopefully one day i will get the car. of course i will totally "reface" the car and bring out the true spirit of this driving machine
Old 12-03-04, 07:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

whats the deal about the pre 04 ls430 u guys are talking about,,,,,,,,,,,whats major diff other than tails????

look same to me
it's more than what ATSOU said actually, besides the new headlights, fogs, taillights. it has a lot of new cool features, including rear visor mirror, 4th generation nav with voice recognition and rear view camera. smart key design so you never take out your keys from pocket again. more sporty look of the car overall. better redesigned front seats (the driver seat is a bit bigger thant he pessenger side), together with some other cool features like projective hid with anle light when turning, etc...

most importantly, on the 04, it has a totally new 6 speed auto tranny. this is imho the best improvement. the car is so much smoother and quieter, and the car is very very fast (it's faster than the pre 04). plus the throttle response is a lot better as well, very instant and it's just incredible
Old 12-03-04, 07:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by xmystikx
eric.. im jealous.. i hope i can own a new LS430 when i'm 26.
well, you never know. i never imagine me (26 now) driving the gs4, is3, and my other cars too. and basically owning a new ls430 isn't really a problem as well. maybe by 26 you will be driving a ferrari
Old 12-04-04, 02:42 AM
afaleti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods to a LS

bump,,,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully more LS430 owners will see and get the modding bug,,,,,,,,,,,seems as if LS owners dont mod too often, especially though i cant understand it , rims and tires
Cause there are not too many mod options available for my 99LS, The ones that look good are just too $$$
Old 12-04-04, 05:44 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
well, you never know. i never imagine me (26 now) driving the gs4, is3, and my other cars too. and basically owning a new ls430 isn't really a problem as well. maybe by 26 you will be driving a ferrari
Damn. I'm 25 and still in school. I will never reach that status at 26 . Maybe at 28...
Old 12-04-04, 08:15 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that bump sure created a lot more posts on this thread..................
Old 12-04-04, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by howiedoit
Damn. I'm 25 and still in school. I will never reach that status at 26 . Maybe at 28...
yeah, i am sure after you get into the industry for couple of yrs, that's where all teh chances are
Old 12-04-04, 11:48 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

ATSOU, your LS is looking reallllly good . The LS is really growing on me, but has to be modded ( maybe mildly in the 04s) !!! Will you be getting any body kits??? Thanks for sharing.

The main difference that I like in the 04 vs the<03 is the the lower lip with the square fogs.

Just test drove an 05 UL and was verrrrry tempted. ....i can live without the UL.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 12-04-04 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-04-04, 11:53 AM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's what you need:

Eastwood Fender Roller

Increase tire/fender clearance, flare fenders and/or repair wheel arch collision damage with this pro grade forming tool. Bolts directly to hub flange. Elongated holes in adapter plate fit all popular 4 and 5 bolt hubs, and are held in place with the included dished washers and vehicles lug nuts. Forming arm adjusts from 14" to 22 3/4" Delrin ® ball bearing forming roller is tough enough to form the fender without damaging the paint. Limited one year warranty. Imported.

•Increases tire to fender clearance.
•Adjustable forming roll gradually rolls inner lip flat.
•Non-Marring Delrin®forming roll preserves original finish.
•Adjustable arm length fits a wide range of automotive and light truck applications.
•Durable heavy steel powder coated construction.

Item# Product Qty Price

31158 Eastwood Fender Roller
Was: $249.99
Now: $224.99

Old 12-06-04, 12:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GS3Tek
ATSOU, your LS is looking reallllly good . The LS is really growing on me, but has to be modded ( maybe mildly in the 04s) !!! Will you be getting any body kits??? Thanks for sharing.

The main difference that I like in the 04 vs the<03 is the the lower lip with the square fogs.

Just test drove an 05 UL and was verrrrry tempted. ....i can live without the UL.
the only thing that i dont' really care much is the air suspension. it's very very smooth and quiet for sure, but since i would lower my car and stuff with big wheels, it doesn't really matter. but all the big gadges here and there on the UL make me choose the car over the sport or the modern luxury (if i get the ls430)
Old 12-06-04, 09:17 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
the only thing that i dont' really care much is the air suspension. it's very very smooth and quiet for sure, but since i would lower my car and stuff with big wheels, it doesn't really matter. but all the big gadges here and there on the UL make me choose the car over the sport or the modern luxury (if i get the ls430)
Like you rominl, I don't care for the UL. They had the UL and wanted to test drive to see what's it like. I would go for the sports version also too, just in case I would lower it and put the big wheels too-I'd rather put $11k into the mods
Old 12-06-04, 09:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by GS3Tek
Like you rominl, I don't care for the UL. They had the UL and wanted to test drive to see what's it like. I would go for the sports version also too, just in case I would lower it and put the big wheels too-I'd rather put $11k into the mods
hehehe, nonon, you got me wrong. i said i would take the UL over the sport any day, although of the stupid air suspension the extra gadges and stuff on the UL (besides the chrome wheels, the air), other stuff on the UL just make the car so much nicer and top class. i drove the s class as well and honestly i find the ls430 UL a lot better

if i am correct, the tein cs still fit on the ls430 UL? if that's the case, then my only problem is solved

Quick Reply: What I found on my driveway today