LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What I found on my driveway today

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 04:40 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl

if i am correct, the tein cs still fit on the ls430 UL? if that's the case, then my only problem is solved
I dont know about replacing the UL suspension with Tein CS but there are a couple of modules availible that allow you to adjust the height with the button (similar to the Brabus and Kleeman modules for MB).
Old 12-07-04, 08:56 AM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how low will the stock air suspension go........................would be cool if it could slam the car......lol wishful thinking
Old 12-07-04, 09:12 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

hehehe, nonon, you got me wrong. i said i would take the UL over the sport any day, although of the stupid air suspension the extra gadges and stuff on the UL (besides the chrome wheels, the air), other stuff on the UL just make the car so much nicer and top class. i drove the s class as well and honestly i find the ls430 UL a lot better

Whoops! Sorry for the misintrepretation I like the pneumatic door and trunk closers, but only on UL .

Somewhere in the mbworld where they were able to lower the air suspension by removing some washers/nuts that "trick" the air suspension for the S500? Not exactly sure, but it was there in the forum. I'll see if I can find it...

Anybody a frequent to mbworld?

Last edited by GS3Tek; 12-07-04 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-07-04, 01:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I dont know about replacing the UL suspension with Tein CS but there are a couple of modules availible that allow you to adjust the height with the button (similar to the Brabus and Kleeman modules for MB).
well price would be a factor to me. any ideas how expensive those modules are? at least for the tein cs i know i can get it done for a decent price
Old 12-07-04, 01:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by blueGS400
how low will the stock air suspension go........................would be cool if it could slam the car......lol wishful thinking
yeah that would be cool. manaray told me a while ago that there are modules to work with the stock unit, but not sure about brand
Old 12-07-04, 01:40 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah that would be cool. manaray told me a while ago that there are modules to work with the stock unit, but not sure about brand
I think you can relocate the height sensors and drop it to where you want.
Old 12-07-04, 09:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lexkost
I think you can relocate the height sensors and drop it to where you want.
that would be interesting

but with the air suspension on the UL, the car doesn't drop (tiny bit) unless it's at high speed though. how do you drop it when it's stopped then?
Old 12-08-04, 04:08 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by blueGS400
Not exactly sure how low it would go. I would imagine at least 2-2.5" and perhaps all the way down!

Originally posted by GS3Tek
Somewhere in the mbworld where they were able to lower the air suspension by removing some washers/nuts that "trick" the air suspension for the S500? Not exactly sure, but it was there in the forum. I'll see if I can find it...Anybody a frequent to mbworld?
Yup, I'm on mbworld as well, the kit you are referring to (most popular) is the RB Tech kit. New extended washers that raise the sensors (thus lower the car). Lots of issues with that kit (breaking yadda yadda). There is a guy on there now, that basically made his own kit (with washers and bolts, etc) but of course thats at his own risk. The most reliable way with the Airmatic cars seems to be the Modules, there are 3 (that I know of) Eibach, Brabus, and Kleeman. I want to say priced from about 1300-1800.

well price would be a factor to me. any ideas how expensive those modules are? at least for the tein cs i know i can get it done for a decent price
I got 2 prices, one from Junction, and one from another distributer, ranged from about 750-1,000. Included module and harness. I always forget the name of the brand too, from what I remember, it was a basic company that the JDM companies purchased and re-branded.
Old 12-08-04, 08:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Not exactly sure how low it would go. I would imagine at least 2-2.5" and perhaps all the way down!

Yup, I'm on mbworld as well, the kit you are referring to (most popular) is the RB Tech kit. New extended washers that raise the sensors (thus lower the car). Lots of issues with that kit (breaking yadda yadda). There is a guy on there now, that basically made his own kit (with washers and bolts, etc) but of course thats at his own risk. The most reliable way with the Airmatic cars seems to be the Modules, there are 3 (that I know of) Eibach, Brabus, and Kleeman. I want to say priced from about 1300-1800.

I got 2 prices, one from Junction, and one from another distributer, ranged from about 750-1,000. Included module and harness. I always forget the name of the brand too, from what I remember, it was a basic company that the JDM companies purchased and re-branded.
oh that's a very good price indeed then. i thought it's going to be around 2k. if it's 1k then it's even better than coilover
Old 12-08-04, 05:51 PM
nagasakki
Rookie

Exclamation

My stock Air suspension on LS400 went all the wayyyyy down when it sits on a parking lot for awhile. Just the rear suspensions thought. Front didn't go low that much, but the Rear you can actually tell it's all the way down. But when I jump in and crank up the car. It goes back up slowwwwwly. A lil' quicker when I drive off.

-Joe