LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

97 Ls400

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-01, 12:45 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Loule, I edited it already!!! sorry for the confusion...I put Racing Harts in there for 2 minutes and you catch it!!!! I'll say it to myself three times to remember, Volks Racing, Volks Racing, Volks Racing...there!!! now I'll never, ever forget...

can you smell that??? I think there's some sarcasm in the air!!

I'll stick with the tokico's...I wan't as nice a ride as possible..

I think we should have a group buy on some REALLY expensive knock-offs (chrome, of course) and see if we can get Manaray to flip out!!!

Calling all Lexus owners...Loule can answer ALL your questions!!!

I'm just giving you a hard time...I've been couped up on this boat for too long..I need to see land!!
Old 05-24-01, 12:47 PM
CGenberg

You're right Zushwa. Bilstein only makes them for '95-'00. Sorry.
Old 05-24-01, 01:28 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zushwa....

I was gonna post some pics of land but thought twice because that would be really mean to yall.
I'm bored at work today so I'm on a lot, hope my boss doesn't read this.

Where is Manaray?
I'm surprised he hasn't ripped a hole in us yet!
Old 05-24-01, 02:41 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

That's the worst part...I can SEE land...we just don't get to touch it...not for a few weeks...my wife asks me if I'm going through withdrawals from my LS...YES!!!!!!!! It has only been a month....5 more to go...but at least I'll have a buttload of cash for mod's!!!

Some pic's of your wheels would be great...I think there are several of us that would like to see what a LS looks like with 18 inch Racing Harts (OOPS!!) I mean Volk Racing AV-3's and the shock/spring set-up. pic's of just the wheelwell would suffice. I know you're shy!!! Come on...pic's of the Eclipse enhanced interior can wait...

I think Manaray is saving up some energy so he can unload his wrath upon us for tempting the wheel gods...

group buy, group buy, group buy!!! I think Chrome Giovanni's would do the trick!!!

Old 05-24-01, 02:51 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by zushwa
That's the worst part...I can SEE land...we just don't get to touch it...not for a few weeks...my wife asks me if I'm going through withdrawals from my LS...YES!!!!!!!! It has only been a month....5 more to go...but at least I'll have a buttload of cash for mod's!!!

Some pic's of your wheels would be great...I think there are several of us that would like to see what a LS looks like with 18 inch Racing Harts (OOPS!!) I mean Volk Racing AV-3's and the shock/spring set-up. pic's of just the wheelwell would suffice. I know you're shy!!! Come on...pic's of the Eclipse enhanced interior can wait...

I think Manaray is saving up some energy so he can unload his wrath upon us for tempting the wheel gods...

group buy, group buy, group buy!!! I think Chrome Giovanni's would do the trick!!!

Hahahahaaahahaha!!!!

OK, I talked to my friend is doing most of the install and he told me it would be like two to three weeks for the install. I promise when that is done, then I will post my car inside and out. My car on LAND in two to three weeks. Can you wait that long?!

I say I switch my Volks for some Ace, Tenzo R, Konig, Ronal, etc. wheels and you get some too Josh!

I do want to get new rotors before posting pics because the factory rotors are ugly with the 18".
Old 05-24-01, 08:48 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok ok ok, what's going on here? I don't check the LS board in a few days an all hell breaks loose! (sound familiar Lou?)

Now I KNOW that you guys KNOW BETTER than to buy chrome knock-offs...especially expensive ones...Besides, I'm OK with people buying crappy, bling-bling, ugly-***, or knock-off rims...it's their money and if they want people to snicker and laugh at them, that's their business, right?

On a completely unrelated note, "Who's line is it anyways?" is one HELL OF FUNNY show...on ABC, check your local times...

On a sort of related note, here's a picture of my car (and a close up of the rim/brakes/coilovers)...a few people have asked for it...it's still work in progress as I'm still waiting for two major things...the Body Kit, Supercharger...I also need to install some small parts (rear STB, rear chassis brace, rear window spoiler, exhaust, LSD, etc., etc...)
Attached Thumbnails 97 Ls400-gs4.jpg  
Old 05-24-01, 11:03 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dam still not ready!

dam Loule, that HKS exhausts is taking forever man, but its cool i can wait as i am just loading up to do my car all at once,Bodykit,paint job,tint,headunit,exhausts,2/3 red tailights,etc,etc,

just post any new info on the HKS if you get any

also welcome to the board Hann.
Old 05-25-01, 05:24 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: dam still not ready!

Originally posted by edogg
dam Loule, that HKS exhausts is taking forever man, but its cool i can wait as i am just loading up to do my car all at once,Bodykit,paint job,tint,headunit,exhausts,2/3 red tailights,etc,etc,

just post any new info on the HKS if you get any

also welcome to the board Hann.
So much for taking it one at a time and enjoying each work at a time!
It's not my fault HKS likes to sit on their a.... butts on trying to get the exhaust out.

Manaray don't be hatin', it's all love around here!

P.S.: That is one jalapeno of a ride you got there! I'm jealous! Hey Man, know where I can get some RMM brake cali and rotor for the LS cheap?
Old 05-25-01, 09:30 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Damn Manaray, you've got some of the best style of anyone I "know" and you just figured out about "who's line..." Those guys are crazy...I couldn't imagine if they weren't sensored....was that a double negative???

Yeah Loule, where is the exhuast???? I need it right now!!!!

I'd be interested in some brakes for the right price...any kind of spoked wheels are gonna make stock brakes look like A$$....

OH, BTW....Manaray, your ride is the $H!T!!!!, but I think you need some chrome!!! (funny huh!!!)
Old 05-25-01, 11:57 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Default Thanks...

Thanks for the compliment guys...like I said, it's work in progress...it'll be much sicker once I'm done...

Who's Line... - I've been watching it since the other guy used to host it (not Drew), but I hadn't seen it in a while and the other night, I caught it...man, what a great show! If they had it on cable? Oh boy, I bet it would be 1000x funnier! But they say some pretty risqué things on there (w/o pushing the FCC's buttons)

Lou Le - The RMM brake kit (at $1050) is pretty damn cheap! They also sell the AP racing kit for only $2900...that's a SMOKING price!

Zushwa - Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm chrome dipping the entire car...but I have also been thinking about just Gold Plating the whole thing...it's the ultimate in bling-bling...CUZ DATZ WHATZ I'Z ALL ABOUT! ITZ DA SHIAT! YOUZ FEEL ME?
Old 05-25-01, 01:46 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

GOLD, please...if you're going to do it, do it right. (sound familiar manaray)

PLATINUM BABY!!!

honestly...your car is very nice....I would imagine anyone on the sight would love to have it...except for maybe those HP guys..500 HP at the wheel...I can't imagine filling the tank..

You say you want an LS daily driver, or the benz???...yeah right...AMA will intervene...

See Loule, even Manaray posted pic's...I know,I know...3 weeks for the stereo...by then all the new guys will lose interest...

I don't really have anything productive to say...it's about 1030 at night here and I have to stay up until 4 in the morning...so I'm sure there will be plenty of dilirious babbling.

Old 05-25-01, 10:33 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default oh!

sweeeeeeeeet! Manaray
Old 05-26-01, 06:44 PM
blkstealthpaid4
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I was about to buy the Quantum tek but..

I saw those sweet rims in the import tuner mag. and this was on a 99 eclipse.They are sweet and they were 18inch but nothing beats the Zennetti series 55.Oh my God they were on a mercedes SLK and I am getting those next week with 245/40s.
I am just having problems in replacing the damn steroe from cassette to cd.No one makes a damn kit for a 90
Old 05-26-01, 07:27 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Why not buy the real 3-piece deal instead of a fake 1-piece wheel? The Weds Kranze Cerebrus is the real deal from Japan. The Zenetti's are cheap knock-offs. Just a thought.
Old 05-29-01, 06:56 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by manaray
Why not buy the real 3-piece deal instead of a fake 1-piece wheel? The Weds Kranze Cerebrus is the real deal from Japan. The Zenetti's are cheap knock-offs. Just a thought.
Here we go again.

Well the car is gone now for about three weeks.
I miss my car already!
My friends Civic SI is fun and all but in traffic it is a workout with the shifting.
Even if I do want to post pics of the car now I couldn't because it is in the shop.

Hey if we can get a group buy for the RMM calibers and rotors for under a G then I'm there!
I agree with Josh that my 18s don't look so good with the stock rotors.
Who interested in a group buy, raise a voice!

Quick Reply: 97 Ls400