LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Tell me this aint sexy (monotone LS)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-05, 12:06 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pagong
Im not so sure about that....check this out.

I think that LS has a little too much done to it. Sorta scary looking, especially with the hood emblem.
Old 06-13-05, 09:53 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did mine monotone and I have NO regrets (except for maybe the $$$$). With the lowering, black tint, and rims, it's leagues better looking than when it was grey. No kidding, it's like a whole different car.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Tell me this aint sexy (monotone LS)-delete.jpg  
Old 06-13-05, 03:38 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brian S
I did mine monotone and I have NO regrets (except for maybe the $$$$). With the lowering, black tint, and rims, it's leagues better looking than when it was grey. No kidding, it's like a whole different car.

Brian
That is a very good idea, especially with the black. I don't know about my silver though...I think I like my two-tone on that color. Does anyone else like the white and gold two-tone on the LS? I think that looks better than a white mono. But solid black does looks the best!
Old 06-13-05, 07:17 PM
Brian S
Lead Lap

I think it depends on what you're gonna do with your car. Keeping relatively stock, in the other colors especially, it probably looks pretty good. For me, it was pretty much a no brainer. I needed to get the front bumper repainted anyway. But I waited to paint anything so I could see how the rest of the mods looked with the grey bottom, and it just didn't look complete.

I must concede having a long dislike of the black on grey though. I remember, back in 98-99 when shopping around before I got my GS400, I saw a black LS400 black on grey, just like mine now. I thought it looked terrible to be honest. Too drab, too old people, and actually thought the gray took away from the deep black oynx. I was actually anti-black on Lexus for a while all because of this combo. Funny thing, those first impressions.

Before and after:
Attached Thumbnails Tell me this aint sexy (monotone LS)-delete.jpg  
Old 06-13-05, 08:41 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Brian S
I think it depends on what you're gonna do with your car. Keeping relatively stock, in the other colors especially, it probably looks pretty good. For me, it was pretty much a no brainer. I needed to get the front bumper repainted anyway. But I waited to paint anything so I could see how the rest of the mods looked with the grey bottom, and it just didn't look complete.

I must concede having a long dislike of the black on grey though. I remember, back in 98-99 when shopping around before I got my GS400, I saw a black LS400 black on grey, just like mine now. I thought it looked terrible to be honest. Too drab, too old people, and actually thought the gray took away from the deep black oynx. I was actually anti-black on Lexus for a while all because of this combo. Funny thing, those first impressions.

Before and after:
Well I mean the black on black does honestly look better. IF you don't mind me asking, how much were your wheels? Do they come in Chrome?
Old 06-14-05, 06:49 AM
Brian S
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
IF you don't mind me asking, how much were your wheels? Do they come in Chrome?
These do come in chrome. If you purchased them from tirerack.com in silver like mine, I think it would come out to about $1,300 for all four wheels wrapped in Dunlop Direzzas. They're very good wheels for the money. They have a very slight metallic sheen and are better looking in person.

Tirerack had a back order at the time, and I needed them ASAP, so I wound up purchasing them "new" from an eBay vendor. Mine came with several scratches on the rims and look more like "slightly used". But I got the guy to credit back $150. I wound up paying $950 total for mine wrapped in brand new Dunlop Direzzas. All in all, not a bad deal, but I'm not sure I'd recommend the seller.

Brian
Old 06-14-05, 07:10 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it alot
Old 06-14-05, 08:00 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

That does look very nice, the 2 tone has never been my "bag" LOL

Nice work by Seize and I'd like to see more of Dave's project as well