LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Bull crap LS500!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-01, 09:37 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that T66Supra mentions it, that WAS an Accord (it probably still is, though). Look at the rear end and the side of the car. Now that looks just like one of those older Accords. I guess if you didn't look close enough, you could fool someone into thinking that you had a 5-series, hideous as it may be. Good call T66Supra!!!
-
Adrian
Old 07-11-01, 12:39 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

For the money spent he could of had a LEXUS

As it stands he has a but ugly 4 cylinder turd

That said he may be a hero on some rice board somewhere
Old 07-11-01, 01:27 PM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jbrady
For the money spent he could of had a LEXUS

As it stands he has a but ugly 4 cylinder turd

That said he may be a hero on some rice board somewhere
Jbrady, you crack me up!!!!

Yes that is a accord but 4th gen.
Old 07-12-01, 05:41 PM
jsimpson

Do I detect a bit of snobbery here?? They paid the bucks for their cars and they've got the right to do anything they want to them. It's not my business to tell him what he can or cannot do to it! A guy carpeted the outside of a VW down here. That's not my style, but if that's what floats his boat, more power to him! I'm thinking some of you might pass judgement on my Toyota Tundra that I turned into a Lexus LT480! "Judge not, lest ye be judged...."
Old 07-13-01, 06:33 AM
SQ-LS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by jsimpson
Do I detect a bit of snobbery here?? They paid the bucks for their cars and they've got the right to do anything they want to them. It's not my business to tell him what he can or cannot do to it! A guy carpeted the outside of a VW down here. That's not my style, but if that's what floats his boat, more power to him! I'm thinking some of you might pass judgement on my Toyota Tundra that I turned into a Lexus LT480! "Judge not, lest ye be judged...."
They are just stating their opinions.
This forum was made for people to ask questions, give answers and give opinions.
I'm sorry jsimpson that these people kinda offend you in anyway but they are just stating opnions and that is all.
You have your own opnion and we will respect them too even if some may not like it.

P.S.: I love the Tundra and always wanted one, especially the TRD version! I just wish it would have better gas mileage so I can get one for a daily.
Old 07-13-01, 11:07 AM
jsimpson

Loule, when you're carrying the weight and pushing the air that the Tundra does, 20 mpg is pretty good. Twenty can be had with a chin spoiler, higher tire pressures, K&N filter, and full synthetics. Ours replaced our 20 mpg Park Avenue as our daily driver. Just as comfy, just as classy, rides just as well, but pulls horse trailer better and is harder to get stuck.
Old 07-13-01, 04:26 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think a LS with a body kit, lowered with rims looks TIGHT...(check out photo below)

I've seen some good looking ES's too...

The Century is ugly as hell...I've seen some fixed up ones too...stilly ugly...it's design is...uh....crusty old on a good day...
Attached Thumbnails Bull crap LS500!-front.jpg  
Old 07-13-01, 07:46 PM
jsimpson

Cool

Thanks Sicklex. My LT480 needs a performance edge over the Tundras, and for that matter, over the Lightnings. Know of a supercharger kit that works well, doesn't harm the engine, and is buyable by non-lottery winners?
Old 07-14-01, 02:44 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manaray you just HAVE to keep putting that Exclusive kit up to make Loule cry, don't you!!!

That is how I want my LS to look, classy, timeless, not like a highschool shop class project car.
Old 07-14-01, 12:17 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

WOW, Manaray, TOTALLY SWEET!!!
-
Adrian
Old 07-15-01, 01:24 AM
NaPoLeAn

it was a nice bmw now :*( i have no clue lol
Old 07-15-01, 03:27 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zushwa - Hehehehehe...it's "Devil" in me I guess!

wantAnewLex - It's kinda funny, until I saw that particular body style LS fixed up (it's a 95-97), that was the only body style LS that I did NOT like...but ever since I've seen them done up, I like it SO MUCH that I plan on buying one (as a second car, a "beater") instead of a newer (98-01) style...especially since you can find clean, low milage ones for $15K-$21K (market price)...meaning I can probably find one at the auction for $10K to 15K...maybe less!

Here a picture JUST FOR ZUSHWA! If I can find a clean 90-94, this is what I'd do it...
Attached Thumbnails Bull crap LS500!-10celcior-ex.jpg  
Old 07-15-01, 04:43 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AAAAAHHHHH!!!! MY CAR!!!!

Great!! Now everyone with the first gen LS will be rollin around looking just like me!!

Just kidding, but that is EXACTLY what I want my car to look like...different wheels of course. (see JDM PARTS thread! )

I can't think of ANY car that is almost 10 years old that looks that good. That is how an LS should be done!!!
Old 07-15-01, 09:16 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Yeah Manaray, I didn't like the older LSs at first, but they've really grown on me. . .
-
Adrian
Old 07-15-01, 07:06 PM
jsimpson

"any car that's almost 10 years old?" How about a 53 Studebaker Starlite coupe (nearly 50 years old), or a 78 Corvette (nearly 25 years old), or an 89 Mazda 929 (over 12 years old)? There are a lot of cars out there with timeless classic styling, but I'll grant you that the Lexux LS400 is one of them!

Quick Reply: Bull crap LS500!