LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Clear corners installation 98-00?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-05, 02:49 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Yes, it looks very nice Good work.

But how did you remove the orange parking lights on the passenger side specifically? Its very hard to get anything in there.

I think im going to do this now. Much cleaner look.
The passenger side is the easy side i just went through the bottom of the bumper and just unbolted the two screws with a 10mm wrench. On the DRIVERS sideI went through the bumper also and its the hard one bc theres all kinds of crap in there and one of the screws is REALLY hard to get to and get undone. It took me like 1 hr before i got that one screw out. Its a really closed in space and i cut my hand all up trying to get the wrench on it and finally I got it and its just one turn and then you can do the rest with your hand which makes it much easier. And putting that one screw back on is also a pain. OH and while ur trying to get that one screw out undo the wire to the lights which gives your more space. Good luck
Old 08-22-05, 04:07 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

i just put the clear park lights in and all i did was remove the headlights and turn signals. i had a 10mm ratchet wrench and a 10mm socket the bolts in the front are easy to do but the bolts in the back are a little harder b/c theres no room and you cant really see them especially on the drivers side , so i just cracked them with the wrench and ook the socket by itself and turned it with my hand the rest of the way it took a little while but i didnt feel like jacking the car and getting on the ground. i still have my turn signals out b/c i popped the orange lens off and now imtrying to figure out a way to break it up.
Old 08-22-05, 04:21 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sha4000
i just put the clear park lights in and all i did was remove the headlights and turn signals. i had a 10mm ratchet wrench and a 10mm socket the bolts in the front are easy to do but the bolts in the back are a little harder b/c theres no room and you cant really see them especially on the drivers side , so i just cracked them with the wrench and ook the socket by itself and turned it with my hand the rest of the way it took a little while but i didnt feel like jacking the car and getting on the ground. i still have my turn signals out b/c i popped the orange lens off and now imtrying to figure out a way to break it up.
I guess theres all different ways to do the parking lights...BTW did u leave the orange bulbs in the parking lights or did u put the OEM bulbs in w/ the clear lights. One of my OEM bulbs burnt out i duno how and so i had to leave the orange ones in there. Anyone know where i can get those tiny OEM or just clear parking bulbs.

As for the turn signals Those are the biggest headache to break apart. It took me like 5 hrs with two sets of pliers breaking them apart. On the second one i told my dad to just drill the crap out of it and he put holes all in the orange thing so it was easier to break apart. The lens got a little bit more scratched though.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171131 In that thread SKperformance says he cut out the wall or sometihng and just took them out. Maybe he'll tell you the easier way.
Old 08-22-05, 06:21 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe you should get one of these.....

And these for the Signle lights.

Can be had from here...

http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm
Old 08-22-05, 06:40 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 339 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by lexodude
I guess theres all different ways to do the parking lights...BTW did u leave the orange bulbs in the parking lights or did u put the OEM bulbs in w/ the clear lights. One of my OEM bulbs burnt out i duno how and so i had to leave the orange ones in there. Anyone know where i can get those tiny OEM or just clear parking bulbs.

As for the turn signals Those are the biggest headache to break apart. It took me like 5 hrs with two sets of pliers breaking them apart. On the second one i told my dad to just drill the crap out of it and he put holes all in the orange thing so it was easier to break apart. The lens got a little bit more scratched though.https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171131 In that thread SKperformance says he cut out the wall or sometihng and just took them out. Maybe he'll tell you the easier way.
yeah i just left the oraqnge ones in you should be able to get the oem ones from autozone r pepboys. i read sks tutorial and i really dont want clear corners that bad,m plus im already committed
Old 08-22-05, 08:50 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, this is a little off the topic now, but on the orange have you guys ever thought about a plastic cutting knife? I have one and that might really work out nicely.