LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

new clear corners & park lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-05, 08:53 PM
afaleti
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Stefwilli]Say word, I pass by there all the time going to the brooklyn bridge, you may have seen my car before. It's a black LS with 20" symbolic wheels, lowered, big a** TV, clear lights, dark tints, and white letters all over the car.

My Men stef,

Whats the big deal about having clear lights
Old 08-25-05, 09:12 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 337 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Im guessing he has his hazard's on.
thats probably what it is
Old 08-26-05, 08:47 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sha4000
thats probably what it is
Yeah the hazzards were on
What up afaleti I just like the way the car looks with the clear lights, to me it looks a little more clean.
Old 08-26-05, 09:11 AM
afaleti
Driver

Default Post Lexfest syndrome

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Yeah the hazzards were on
What up afaleti I just like the way the car looks with the clear lights, to me it looks a little more clean.

Stefwilli,

Post Lexfest syndrome has gotten to me, below are the mods I expect to complete over
the period of a year. Please advise with post or PM to include estimates.

Wheels - "18/19IN SSR GT3 Gunmetal|Bright Satin w/Polished Lip with decent tire"
Exhaust - Lsportline or Similar
Suspension - 1 - 1-12/IN Drop and would ride similar to the OEM with 16IN Rims
Attached Thumbnails new clear corners & park lights-ls_400_ssr_gt3_20in-satin.jpg  
Old 08-26-05, 09:42 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by afaleti
Stefwilli,

Post Lexfest syndrome has gotten to me, below are the mods I expect to complete over
the period of a year. Please advise with post or PM to include estimates.

Wheels - "18/19IN SSR GT3 Gunmetal|Bright Satin w/Polished Lip with decent tire"
Exhaust - Lsportline or Similar
Suspension - 1 - 1-12/IN Drop and would ride similar to the OEM with 16IN Rims
This car is too big for 18" SSR GT3, it looks like it will be okay in that tire rack picture but when you put them on the car, they're going to look small because of the thin spoke design. If your going to do 18's then your going to need a thicker spoke. PM me if you need suggestions
Old 08-26-05, 09:56 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

This car is too big for 18" SSR GT3, it looks like it will be okay in that tire rack picture but when you put them on the car, they're going to look small because of the thin spoke design. If your going to do 18's then your going to need a thicker spoke. PM me if you need suggestions
Very true.
Old 08-26-05, 10:51 AM
afaleti
Driver

Actually the Tirerack picture are with 20IN Rims
Old 08-26-05, 12:45 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Yeah so you can tell what they will look like in 18's
Old 08-26-05, 01:11 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

thats funny b/c i was looking at that same picture with those wheels but i would prefer a thicker spoke. stef how does your car ride with the 20s in nyc everyone says that the ride is horrible especially since you have the car lowered. i dodgepotholes everyday with the oem wheels
Old 08-26-05, 01:18 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

thats funny b/c i was looking at that same picture with those wheels but i would prefer a thicker spoke. stef how does your car ride with the 20s in nyc everyone says that the ride is horrible especially since you have the car lowered. i dodgepotholes everyday with the oem wheels
I be in Brooklyn all the time on Myrtle ave, if you ever see me just flag me and I'll take you for a ride
But to answer your question, the ride is great with my suspension setup, but you'll see.

Last edited by Stefwilli; 08-26-05 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-26-05, 03:05 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

He has the same suspension as mine, so you would see how the car would ride. Mine is set at the defualt level, not sure if stef lowered it or not.
Old 08-26-05, 07:49 PM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

i just recieved my diamond crystal park lights from luxurymods.com and nistalled them plus i cleared the turn signals by sawing the housing off where you insert the bulb and then gluing it back on i tied braking the orange piece into little bits but i didnt have the patience. heres a few pics
Looks good

Glad to hear the lights got to you. Now you popped the cherry, more mods will quickly follow.
Old 08-26-05, 11:51 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

I be in Brooklyn all the time on Myrtle ave, if you ever see me just flag me and I'll take you for a ride
But to answer your question, the ride is great with my suspension setup, but you'll see.
im def. going to take you up on that b/c im on myrtle ave alot also at the barbershop on prince st. and if its good ill be hollering at grand for his setup. yo lexo i got the bug already i just coped the three piece l-sportline spoiler from puredrifter so now i have to find a place to hook it up and put it on. i got my eye on the rest of the kit but im goimg to wait to the weather breaks again next year to take that step
Old 08-27-05, 12:49 PM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

im def. going to take you up on that b/c im on myrtle ave alot also at the barbershop on prince st. and if its good ill be hollering at grand for his setup. yo lexo i got the bug already i just coped the three piece l-sportline spoiler from puredrifter so now i have to find a place to hook it up and put it on. i got my eye on the rest of the kit but im goimg to wait to the weather breaks again next year to take that step
You're going to have trouble finding the L-sportline kit since it was discontinued earlier this year. We sold our last set 2 months ago. You might be able find one that someone is holding onto.
Old 08-27-05, 12:50 PM
MRLEXO
Lead Lap

Post pictures of the wing installed!

We have one in the warehouse that we might put on one of our cars.

Quick Reply: new clear corners & park lights