LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Hit & Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-05, 10:56 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Relax buddy all he was saying was that he would be mad if something like that happened to his vehicle. It was clearly an expression to me.
Old 09-10-05, 11:17 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Relax buddy all he was saying was that he would be mad if something like that happened to his vehicle. It was clearly an expression to me.
Thanks, I am relaxed. What was it about my response that connoted agitation? However, if saying "I'd be loading my shotgun" counts as a simple expression in this society (when someone is mad about something), then we've certainly lost more than our minds; not to mention our ability to communicate in a civilized fashion.
Old 09-10-05, 11:40 AM
reincheque
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, guys. Time to change the subject...

djp
Old 09-10-05, 06:17 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
Thanks, I am relaxed. What was it about my response that connoted agitation? However, if saying "I'd be loading my shotgun" counts as a simple expression in this society (when someone is mad about something), then we've certainly lost more than our minds; not to mention our ability to communicate in a civilized fashion.
Just chill Leslie, he didn't mean anything by it. He was not attempting to be pugnacious and you shouldn't lead him in that direction. Yes a subject change would do us all good.
Old 09-10-05, 07:46 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Just chill Leslie, he didn't mean anything by it. He was not attempting to be pugnacious and you shouldn't lead him in that direction. Yes a subject change would do us all good.
Please stop telling me to "relax" and "chill", that's a bit too personal and patronizing. I think I'm entitled to express my opinion (this is a forum after all) as long as I'm not being rude or disrespectful to anyone.
Old 09-10-05, 07:56 PM
Celsior2K5
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I agree with LeslieRC...

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
Please stop telling me to "relax" and "chill", that's a bit too personal and patronizing. I think I'm entitled to express my opinion (this is a forum after all) as long as I'm not being rude or disrespectful to anyone.
I actually agree with LeslieRC and understand where he was coming from about his response to the guy who said "I'd be loading up my shotgun "...LeslieRC was trying to stress the importance of remaining civilized even on the forums.

However, LeslieRC, just like you were confused as to what it was that you could have said to connotate agitation from anyone, by keeping this thread going with suttle, yet hostile remarks, towards one another, this can definitely start connotating agitation from everyone.

Let's ALL just drop this. LeslieRC, let's both just walk away. Cool?
Old 09-10-05, 08:22 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Celsior2K5
I actually agree with LeslieRC and understand where he was coming from about his response to the guy who said "I'd be loading up my shotgun "...LeslieRC was trying to stress the importance of remaining civilized even on the forums.

However, LeslieRC, just like you were confused as to what it was that you could have said to connotate agitation from anyone, by keeping this thread going with suttle, yet hostile remarks, towards one another, this can definitely start connotating agitation from everyone.

Let's ALL just drop this. LeslieRC, let's both just walk away. Cool?
You're right. This has gone well beyond what it should have. No more from me.