LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Promo LS430 Photo - Stock is GORGEOUS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-01, 07:31 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled this LS430 promo photo off another site, since it looks so good.

I love the new look of the LS430, the front especially since it looks more majestic. Everything else about the LS430 is incredible too.

Eventhough everyone has Silver and Black, these are the 2 best colors for this car IMO.

This photo just shows you how good looking this Lexus Flagship sedan is. Amazing.

I want one now.

For your viewing pleasure and enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Promo LS430 Photo - Stock is GORGEOUS!-lexusls430.jpg  

Last edited by lexguynj; 08-19-01 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-21-01, 01:18 AM
Stephen
Pole Position

I love the car from that angle...and every other angle really........except dead front. I just dont like the dead on front at all. In fact it almost makes me cringe when I see one in my rearview.

Look at the comparison:

LS430-

98-00 LS400-

I just think the direct view of the front is better looking on the third gen.
Old 08-21-01, 04:38 AM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the additional photos! I guess everyone has their preference, but IMO, the new front looks distinguishing from all the other Japanese Luxury cars out there and I really like it.

I may get flamed on this but the previous generation front, looks nice, but it looks also like an Acura RL from the front too. Not as aggressive and different as the current generation.

Last edited by lexguynj; 08-21-01 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-21-01, 09:50 AM
Phil
Driver

Originally posted by lexguynj
I pulled this LS430 promo photo off another site, since it looks so good.

I love the new look of the LS430, the front especially since it looks more majestic. Everything else about the LS430 is incredible too.

Eventhough everyone has Silver and Black, these are the 2 best colors for this car IMO.

This photo just shows you how good looking this Lexus Flagship sedan is. Amazing.

I want one now.

For your viewing pleasure and enjoy!

I TOTALLY agree with you. It looks terrific!!! I have mine on order. Would you please tell us the site you found the picture. I WANT MORE - lol. Thanks Phil
Old 08-21-01, 01:57 PM
Stephen
Pole Position

Phil, www.familycar.com has some good pictures, thats where I got the one of the front.

Correction, the Acura RL looks like the third gen LS400 from the front. Just wait until the new RL comes out, I'll bet you money that the front of it looks just like the LS430.

I think just the opposite, the front of the LS430 is everything but aggressive. Makes the car look overweight and overly tall. The older design is much lower profile and I think looks more aerodynamic. The 430's grille is too big, the nose is too thick and flat, and the triangular headlamps have got to go. For 2001 the styling advantage is clearly with BMW and Mercedes, but thats not enough to make me ride a rough BMW or spend $30,000 more on a Mercedes with a lower quality interior.

Another sore spot with me is the wheels. I personally do not like aftermarket wheels, and the ones on the LS430, 16 and 17 are simply hideous. What could have possessed them to go from a machiend finish to a painted finish? I'm also not one for chrome, and I prefer the ride of a 16 inch wheel so when I get one, if the wheels havent changed, I'll put 16 inch 2000 Platinum Edition wheels on.

I love the LS430 from all other angles though, and the interior. I would have gotten it if my office hadn't offered me the expense package.

Dont know what I'll do in 2003 when I get a new car. If the LS430 gets a facelift that year (supposed to) I will probably just take a monthly allowance for half the car and gas expenses etc, but they wont directly pay for everything like they do now because their name wont be on the title.

I actually just drove an SC430 and fell totally in love with it. I also saw and sat in a 02 ES300 preproduction model and was really impressed with both cars. I could have the office buy me the ES300 and lease an SC430 as a personal car.

Who knows, plenty of time to think about it.
Old 08-21-01, 06:27 PM
ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here..I love the front end of the new LS. Looks very classy, sporty, and sexy at the same time. When the GS first debuted in the new body style in 98' I was rather disappointed at the HPS concept car, especially the front end double bubble headlight treatment (a la MBz). Lexus' interpretation this time around is timeless, seductive, and intimidating (especially in black). Of course, that's JMHO!

Originally posted by Stephen
I love the car from that angle...and every other angle really........except dead front. I just dont like the dead on front at all. In fact it almost makes me cringe when I see one in my rearview.

Look at the comparison:

LS430-

I just think the direct view of the front is better looking on the third gen.
Old 08-21-01, 08:32 PM
Phil
Driver

Originally posted by ST430
Sorry, I have to disagree with you here..I love the front end of the new LS. Looks very classy, sporty, and sexy at the same time. When the GS first debuted in the new body style in 98' I was rather disappointed at the HPS concept car, especially the front end double bubble headlight treatment (a la MBz). Lexus' interpretation this time around is timeless, seductive, and intimidating (especially in black). Of course, that's JMHO!

Can someone tell me if the above pic of the 430 is of a "black cherry" color? I kinda like the color. Have any of you seen it and what do you think? Does it look as good as black? Thanks.....Phil
Old 08-21-01, 10:41 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally posted by Stephen
Phil, www.familycar.com has some good pictures, thats where I got the one of the front.

Correction, the Acura RL looks like the third gen LS400 from the front. Just wait until the new RL comes out, I'll bet you money that the front of it looks just like the LS430.

I think just the opposite, the front of the LS430 is everything but aggressive. Makes the car look overweight and overly tall. The older design is much lower profile and I think looks more aerodynamic. The 430's grille is too big, the nose is too thick and flat, and the triangular headlamps have got to go. For 2001 the styling advantage is clearly with BMW and Mercedes, but thats not enough to make me ride a rough BMW or spend $30,000 more on a Mercedes with a lower quality interior.

Another sore spot with me is the wheels. I personally do not like aftermarket wheels, and the ones on the LS430, 16 and 17 are simply hideous. What could have possessed them to go from a machiend finish to a painted finish? I'm also not one for chrome, and I prefer the ride of a 16 inch wheel so when I get one, if the wheels havent changed, I'll put 16 inch 2000 Platinum Edition wheels on.

I love the LS430 from all other angles though, and the interior. I would have gotten it if my office hadn't offered me the expense package.

Dont know what I'll do in 2003 when I get a new car. If the LS430 gets a facelift that year (supposed to) I will probably just take a monthly allowance for half the car and gas expenses etc, but they wont directly pay for everything like they do now because their name wont be on the title.

I actually just drove an SC430 and fell totally in love with it. I also saw and sat in a 02 ES300 preproduction model and was really impressed with both cars. I could have the office buy me the ES300 and lease an SC430 as a personal car.

Who knows, plenty of time to think about it.
I totally agree with you Stephen. To me the look of the LS 400 seemed more agressive yet classy as opposed to the new LS 430. Go to motortrend.com and they have a decent article regarding various flagship luxury sedans. If only the LS 430 had the MB S500 body, I would be in love. You bascially pointed out everything they mentioned in the article regarding the LS 430. How did you like the new ES 300? I wasn't too impressed with the pictures of it, to me the hood looked to jellybeanish.
Old 08-22-01, 02:36 AM
Stephen
Pole Position

Yes that LS430 is "Black Cherry". Kinda purple for my taste.

Actually I liked the ES300 much better in person than I did in the pictures. Its easily one of if not the best looking car in the line.
Old 08-22-01, 04:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even though a stock LS430 looks great, I think a HOOKED UP LS430 looks 10000 times better...I know this may hurt some of you, but this is what I'd do to my LS430...
Attached Thumbnails Promo LS430 Photo - Stock is GORGEOUS!-myls430.jpg  
Old 08-22-01, 05:31 AM
yin
Driver School Candidate

Hmmm....this is more smooth....
Attached Thumbnails Promo LS430 Photo - Stock is GORGEOUS!-ls430.jpg  
Old 08-22-01, 10:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

YIN: that's a nice kit (looks like a few different add-on kits for the LS430), the wheels are ghetto Giovannas though! (UGH!)...I would have no problem doing my LS up like that either (but with different wheels of course!)
Old 08-22-01, 02:39 PM
Stephen
Pole Position

I cant get over how good the front of the car looks from that angle, and how horrible it looks dead front.

Weird.
Old 08-22-01, 03:51 PM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Manaray,

That LS430 looks good, but it's missing some accessories. MP-5, AR-15???
Old 08-23-01, 04:05 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Zushwa - SHHHH! The PDW is hidden in the center console...right next to my cell phone and a pack of gum! SHHHH! I ALWAYS accessories accordingly!

Quick Reply: Promo LS430 Photo - Stock is GORGEOUS!