LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

The evolution is here... (stage 2.5? complete)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-06, 06:34 PM
biglexass
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey man thats a really classy ride.keeping it true vip.nice.i have a cuple questions though,does any one know what is on the top of his car it looks like it is in front of the moon roof.and i looked on l-tuned and could not find the grill.thanks man keep it clean keep it classy
Old 03-14-06, 06:36 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments and constructive criticism guys...they're much appreciated.
Originally Posted by ACleanSC4
finally!! it's unveilled...been waiting for this since the v2o meet man...

Looks like Wald + 5-spoke dish wheels is a SoCal specialty...

We all have to get together for a Wald photoshoot...
Haha, for sure Tony!

Originally Posted by {-.-}
I hope the waiting time for some parts was worth it cause just looking at it picture is VERY NICE. I bet up close is even better.

This yrs VIP magazine is going to be even HOTTER !! Maybe i should plan my vacation now.
It was definitely well worth it, all that patience has paid off.

Aren't you already going on vacation soon? It's starting to seem like your job is to go on vacations LOL.

Originally Posted by rice h8r
Also, IMO a bit bigger exhaust tips = teh sex. loll.
I agree...still trying to decide what I like best.
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Hey Brian, the wheels look great! Love those huge front and rear lips! Glad we were able to help with the project and I like the car overall, its very clean, love the white VIP theme.

That gas station shot with all the clear tailight Celsiors is real cool

Any closeups of the wheel with the custom centercaps?
All thanks to you sir. Doh, I knew I forgot something...I'll be sure to get a closeup of the centercaps at the next photoshoot.

Originally Posted by LS400
First off - yes Brian, I'm still alive, lol.

Second, your Celsior is VERY nicely done. Personally, I think it is one of the classiest and cleanest LS400's that I have seen to date. I'm sure the pictures do no justice. Man, I still remember it when I saw your car at the Pathfinder meet back in the day. It's come a long way ever since the sewer-tops, eh?...j/k. Congratulations on the evolution of your LS and I hope to see it in-person soon.

P.S. - I noticed Lord of the Avalons is still weak sauce as a camera man, hahah...j/k. When's the next cruise video like we did at Pathfinder?
Thanks Elim, that's exactly the look I was goin' for. Haha, you'll never let me get over the sewer tops huh! As for Lord of the Camrys, yeah, he finally invested in a tripod after all those times I told him to get one...but as you can see he's still trying to get the hang of it. Set up a date and time for the vid and I'm there.

And since some of you asked, here's the parts list (I'm afraid I can't list exactly how much I got the parts for because either 1) I don't remember or 2) I got "special pricing" for them. The people and places I got them from are listed in my special thanks paragraph).
  • Wald V3 Exchange front and rear bumpers
  • Wald grill adapter
  • Admiration side skirts
  • Anceltion hood, top, roof, and trunk spoilers
  • Work Euroline DH in diamond cut finish...19x8.5 and 19x10 (I'm afraid I can't reveal the offsets as a courtesy to D2-Autosport) wrapped in Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 225/35/19 and 265/30/19
  • Crystal clear turn signals
  • Black Chromium grill insert (discontinued from what I've heard)
  • Chrome handle covers
  • Magnaflow mufflers with Wald exhaust tips
  • JIC VIP FLT-A2 coilovers
  • Misc. Wald emblems and decals that have yet to be put on
  • Toyota Celsior 1 piece headlights
  • Red/clear tail lights
  • Philips 6000K (headlights) and XenonDepot Xtreme 6500K (lower fog/driving lights) HID kits
  • LEDs, LEDs, and more LEDs

Last edited by BR1AN; 03-14-06 at 06:42 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 06:40 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Originally Posted by j three
Does anyone else have a problem logging on to l-tunedparts.. It seems like I get redirected and the adress says old browser and 404 not found. Any suggestions?
Might've been down when you checked, but it works fine for me.
Originally Posted by biglexass
does any one know what is on the top of his car it looks like it is in front of the moon roof.and i looked on l-tuned and could not find the grill.thanks man keep it clean keep it classy
That's an Anceltion top spoiler. The grill is discontinued, so I doubt they'll be able to get it for you.
Old 03-14-06, 06:59 PM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A ton of work and cash into your car. Its definitely paying off now. Great work.

I have to ask though whats up with the "secret" offsets on the wheels
Old 03-14-06, 08:17 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Beautiful man, Absolutally beautiful!!
Old 03-14-06, 08:33 PM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, that makes me want to keep my LS.
Old 03-14-06, 09:09 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Good job....the transformation is a work of art! Patience definitely pays off in the end.

Kinda reminds me of LOTC's car before the color change......hmmmmm
Old 03-14-06, 09:41 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Brian, how is the ride quality of the jic vip's compared to stock? If i cant find an LS with air thats in good shape the jic vip's or wald look like the ticket.

P.S. I don't know whats wrong but l-tunedparts has not been working for me for a couple of weeks. I had it bookmarked, used the banner on CL and nothing
edit, I used a link from the gs forum and it worked.

Last edited by j three; 03-14-06 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 10:39 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Originally Posted by TurboTeg
I have to ask though whats up with the "secret" offsets on the wheels
It's reserved for customers so they can offer a point of difference.
Originally Posted by Pagong
Kinda reminds me of LOTC's car before the color change......hmmmmm
Hah, I knew someone would pick up on that. It pretty much is LOTC's car before his makeover due to the kit combo. What can I say, he beat me to what I wanted to do to mine 3 years ago.
Originally Posted by j three
Brian, how is the ride quality of the jic vip's compared to stock? If i cant find an LS with air thats in good shape the jic vip's or wald look like the ticket.
The ride quality is definitely sportier and stiffer than stock. It's only noticeable when going over imperfections in the road or speed bumps, but I've gotten used to it so it's not so bad for me.
Old 03-15-06, 08:44 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Brian, the car looks insane! I love it; Congratulations!

I have to say, you guys really have to see the car in person to apreciate the work and the details that went into it.

Brian's vision definitley made this all happen, and he deserved major kudos... but I am extremely pleased to see that he is giving credit to those who helped make the project a success. Derrick @ D2 - his reputation speaks for itself... one of the most knowledgeable wheel guys I know! And Joe @ Backyard is a true gentleman, professional, and perfectionist. Over the years he has become more than an industry contact to me; he has become one of my best friends.

But on to the car details;
The rear fender flares are subtle, but can easily be seen in person. The body panels are smooth & straight and the clear coat has a gloss like I've never seen on a white car; the paint color has just the right amount of silver metallic (pearl) in it, not gold-tone or overdone at all. The car sits right and looks killer on the deep Eurolines... he even has HIDs in the fogs- it's all about the details!

Unless you've ever built a car to this level, it's difficult to appreciate the time, energy, and money that go into a project like this... waiting for parts to come in, design changes on the fly, coordinating wheel fitment & fender modifications, etc... I know all about it

Looks like Joe @ Backyard will complete at least one more cool Lexus before summer...
Can't wait... See you guys out there!

-Bob

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 03-15-06 at 08:48 AM.
Old 03-15-06, 08:52 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

your car looks awesome now, brian!
Old 03-15-06, 09:45 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

BR1AN,

Your car is an awesome show.. .but now it needs some go....... Nice man.... Now i want a kit...... I need a total makeover.
Old 03-15-06, 09:49 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

Wow those pulls are nice. I didn't even notice before. Post some day time pics when you have time please.
Old 03-15-06, 12:09 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Brian-

That's some crazy azz mods...first class!
The growth continues for VIP stateside.
Old 03-16-06, 08:29 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

Great look Brian.. Its good to see you up to something again..
That "transformation" must have cost you a pretty penny... BTW, how man miles are on that motor?

Quick Reply: The evolution is here... (stage 2.5? complete)