LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1994 Front End upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-01, 05:41 PM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I've been searching high and low to find the answer for this question. I'm sure that if anyone knows, it would be you guys.

-Can I upgrade my 1994 Lexus LS400 to the 1999 front end without severe modifications to it? I recently had my car stripped and I wanted to take this opportunity to upgrade the looks on it.

P.S- When I say "frontend" I'm talking about the hood, grill, front bumper, headlights and fenders. I know that you can upgrade the 1995 to the 1999 but I'm not sure about my year.

Thanks!

Kenny
Old 09-02-01, 05:55 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of welcome to clublexus SappyEF9.I think it would be hard to do the front end on the 90-94 LS model,becuase they are a bit longer in width than the 95-00 models.I know it is possible,but you will need to find a great bodyshop and have lots of $$$.

Are you interested in fixing up your LS on the outside and in?If I were you would just get a bodykit and the LS would already look nice.Although none of the U.S bodykits look good at all for the LS.

If you wanna look at some LS's from Japan just tell me I have alot of links,they look awesome compared to the ones here in the U.S.

SappyEF9 you live in Irvine right?That great because we hold our teamlexstacy/clublexus meets in Irvine every last saturday of every month.

You should stop by just to see everybody else's ride.You can check out other people's LS's and see if you could get some ideas.Trust me it is fun.

Well nice to have you on board.

Eric

Last edited by LOTC; 09-02-01 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-02-01, 10:29 PM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks, Eric!!!!

Thanks, Eric!!

It's nice to hear that! I will try to find a bodyshop that will do that for me. I actually saw a 1995 to 1999 conversion. It's pretty clean! I just want a simple car that's elegant and nice. I hope to meet up with you guys soon cuz I want to settle my case! Thanks again,

Kenny
Old 09-02-01, 10:46 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

It can be done for sure,but it will just cost money.Try 20/20 in hacienda heights they could probably do the job for you .Any thing is possible,becuase how many Ricer Hondas do you see around So.Cal with front end conversions!

If you are interested in our meets there will be a time and place posted at the end of every month on the Teamlexstacy forum in Clublexus.

Nice to meet you Kenny.
Old 09-03-01, 09:57 AM
Stephen
Pole Position

Its of course possible, but you have to think how would it look?. Keep in mind that no body panels are shared between generation one and generations 2 and 3. The 2nd and third generations are also bigger cars so thats a challenge also, scaling the panels down to a smaller size. You'll need hood/fenders/headlights/grille/bumper/bumper cover/underbody shield/not to mention the refab work that would have to be done to the front frame. Wouldnt surprise me if the modifications to use the Lexus panels didnt cost upwards of $10,000. I'm sure theres a fiberglass kit out there..........if thats really the look you're going for.

I say just leave it first generation, it'll look better than a first generations obviously posing as a third.
Old 09-03-01, 01:51 PM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

Default Damn!

Yeah, I'm sure you're right Stephan. I think I"m just gonna call the car a salvaged then. Cuz the insurance company gave me an option of either taking a check for the car or I can try to restore it. I guess if I can't really do the conversion, then I'm just gonna use it for a down for a new Lexus. But I'll see what I can do after I call the bodyshop on Tues. Thanks for all your help and I'll decide on it then.

Thanks Stephan and to the others tha have read this post!

Sincerely,

Kenny
Old 09-04-01, 03:47 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a company in Japan called Gaultier that sells kits to convert UCF10/11 (90-94 LS400) into either a UCF20/21 MC before (95-97) or UCF20/21 MC After (98-00)

Here's a picture of ONE of their upgrade kits...this not only converts the UCF10/11 into a UCF20/21 MC After, but it's also a full body kit...they sell a "normal" looking kit also...

Other than that, I don't know anything else about the kit...

Here's their phone number...remember, they're in Japan...
Tel: 045-943-8489
Fax: 045-943-5991
Attached Thumbnails 1994 Front End upgrade?-gaultier.jpg  
Old 09-04-01, 06:42 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Wow kit looks awesome,I could never imagine they would have such a kit over there.You could bearly tell the difference.
Old 09-04-01, 11:43 AM
SappyEF9
Driver School Candidate

WOW! Thanks Manaray! That's a pretty good looking kit if I've ever seen one! Do you know if the local shops are able to obtain that kit? I'll try to call them and ask them further questions, but I'll also try to ask the local shops to see if they can get me that kit also.

I'll let you guys know what happens.

Kenny
Old 09-04-01, 12:05 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Looks like your will need a importer from japan for that one Kenny.Also it might cost huge $$$.
Old 09-05-01, 02:09 PM
Stephen
Pole Position

Wow, that actually looks really good.
Old 09-05-01, 03:12 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cool kit, whats with the black paint though?
Old 09-05-01, 03:33 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Dude,you never heard of the factory Zebra LS 400?

Nah I think they painted that to show which parts come with the kit I think the white parts are the ones required to make the conversion.
Old 09-05-01, 03:46 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dam dood edogg...you live on these forums...as well as I do

Here is the thing though...I know that my Engine will die soon...unless I blow it up with nitros b4 its natural death. I have a first gen LS and I am wondering how hard is to do an engine swap from a 3rd gen LS? Are the mounts the same, is it just plug and play? Also what is the best place to get a low milage 3rd gen engine?
Old 09-05-01, 09:36 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Ha Retro when I am on my hourly breaks at school all i do is stay on clublexus in the library.

As far as a Lexus engine diying,it is almost impossible as long as you take care of it.The only time I heard of one was by the engine being hydro locked which is moisture got sucked into the engine,I have even seen a LS with more than 360,000 miles on it.

A 1st to a 3rd i dunno man,but a 1st to a 2nd is possible.
I would just get the 4.7 stroker engine from TOMS.

Last edited by LOTC; 09-05-01 at 09:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 1994 Front End upgrade?