LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Proposed Upgrades: Need Some Input!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-06, 05:26 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crazimofo
I want to see the gap..got any pics?
send them to me! or post it so everyone can see.
thanks

Sorry for the delay : Here is a small pic showing the gap(s) - will post more later.
Attached Thumbnails Proposed Upgrades: Need Some Input!-ls-widebody3c.jpg  
Old 06-08-06, 09:58 AM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I started this thread I thought I may as well give an update on what I've decided to do:

Suspension: Since I still have antoher year at school, and I mostly leave my car at home, I decided to hold off on wheels and suspension. For now, I just bought a set of tokico's and may buy a set of tanabe springs.. My struts are extremely worn and they come decently priced. Once I graduate and have my car on me all the time, I'll buy a set of coilovers and wheels..

Interior: Planning on jumping in on that Leatherseats.com group buy. I also want to get my steering wheel re-wrapped and with wood, as well as replace the current wood trim in the car. I don't want to add any extra wood like a dash kit, I just want to get the factory pieces replaced with newer and slightly brighter wood. They have lost their luster.

Exterior: I'm planning on buying a set of JDM headlights and installing HID's. I really am a fan of the Exclusive Euro Kit, and I plan to buy that sometime in the enxt 6 months. I might get a front bumper from one of the WALD kits because I really love the foglights you can install in those.. Since the LS' headlights are not projector friendly at all, I was thinking once I get that front bumper I can run my HID's in there projector style.

Performance: Not too much here. Just going to get all the bushings replaced, and I doubt I'll do anythign to the engine. I just want a sexy looking, luxurious highway cruiser The LS is perfect for that. I thought about getting an intake, but after reading threads here it seems like they don't really do much. I'll try jbrady's intake mod.

Audio setup: I have a set of CDT components up front (which I absolutely love, I highly reccomend them), and I wasn't planning on getting better rear speakers. But this week I had to take out one of my right speakers to seal the enclosure and sound deaden the door panel, and I realized how much of an effect the rear fill can have. So I've decided to get another set of components for the back, and I'll put the tweeter in the door panel up by the lock (I got the idea from one of the Gs guys. I think it was Banana GS? He has a website with some DIY's).. I'm also toying around with getting an Avic D1 and putting that upfront. I don't want a nav unit that has a flip out screen.. I'm also planning on Fiberglassing a 12" sub in the back into the side of the trunk.. haven't decided which sub I'm going to go with yet, but I'm thinking of either the JL W6 or one of the Image Dynamics ID Max subs. I have to take a closer look at what kinds of enclosures they reccomend and decide based upon that.

So.. its going to be a busy summer ON a side note, can anyone chime in on how easy it is to install struts? My tokico's should be coming in tomorrow.. I was reading a generic tutorial for any car, and it doesn't seem to bad, but if anyone has experience, please do share!
Old 06-08-06, 03:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

check retro's site and/or www.lexls.com for full DIY intructions for changng the rear stuts.
Old 06-08-06, 04:46 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have looked there first. Thanks.