LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

XENON Plasma bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-01, 04:18 AM
LIGHTYEAR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question XENON Plasma bulbs

Hi,

I was just on an ebay link looking a HID Xenon Plasma Bulbs (Head lights) offered at around $10 - $25 per pair.

Has anyone fitted this sort of thing to their LS400, were they an improvement, were they easy to fit, did they cause any damage at all ?

Where I live we do not have any street lighting and some extra illumination would not go amiss.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 10-02-01, 11:40 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LightYear,I would only go buy Piaa's or Raybrig because they are more realiable and will not blow that easily.Others companies bulbs might fry your headlight wires and it will cost alot to fix.
Old 10-02-01, 01:52 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Out all of them Xenon lights I would recoment ones from Hyper Industries. I had them in my Civic for over 2 years and they still live. I would also go with PIIA or HID lights (purple are cool) but if you want cheap replacement, get the Hyper Ind. ones.
Old 10-03-01, 07:57 AM
blitz
Pole Position

hello,

i would love to get piaa or raybrig's....however; they are kindda expensive, well over $50. if you want the real close looking hid on bmw, get piaa's..(piaa has like 5 or more diff. kinds of super white).

i liked hyper's. when i had prelude and i used H1 they burned out within a month. but, when i gifted hyper to my friend and my girlfriend, it's as fine as the first day.

so, if you have smaller bulb like H1 then i would say, get piaa or something good enough to expensive. i also thing piaa gives you like a year warranty.

some of super white seller on ebay gives you life time warranty so it's not too bad to get something at $20 for a life time warranty..
Old 10-03-01, 10:40 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Piaa Super Plasmas are the best they are the most HID like,but they are around $99-$149 depends where you shop.
Old 10-03-01, 11:46 PM
LIGHTYEAR
Driver School Candidate

The HID's I am refering to are offered on ebay by plasmalights.com and are around $9.95 or so - I am not trying to sell them, just wondered if anyone had bought these and if they were any good?

Something similar in the UK would be between £65 - £85 for the set of bulbs - so you can see the attraction - but not if they blow the wiring etc !!!

Thanks vm for you replies and advice tho'

Lightyear
Old 10-04-01, 02:53 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Nope never heard of them,but if it is not a good brand you run the risk of frying your wires or damaging your headlight housing.
Old 10-04-01, 04:32 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 82 Posts

most of the HID style out there come with a life time warranty so no worryies their, it just depends on how blue you want it.. I personally had regular 12 a set of blue on my LS for 9 months before i crash my car with no poblems. The reason that some bulbs fry the Wire Harness is that is it is drawing in too much wattage. Look at the package, some will say your factory draw then what the bulb will actually draw.. if it is different then don't get it, some will say what is ACTUALLY draw and some will say that is LOOKS like, there is a difference. I've also personally used Hyper Ind. and NOkoya these are great. PIAA are good but dont' not give you the really bule tint some people want. Purple is nice but looks too much like BMW new HID's. Go to www.procarparts.com you can get the bulb their for 12.95+shipping. HOpe this answer your question.
tony