LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

VIP Garage photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-06, 04:36 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pagong
Insurance VS kit

JIC SF-1

vince i want to talk to you about the coilovers asap, why arent you putting on the insurance kit? i dont think ive ever seen one in the us with that kit
Old 08-10-06, 05:07 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
The eyelids have to go , they are for more modified cars with a kit or atleast a front bumper lip. Having them on a car with bling-bling wheels reminds me of that Tammy faybaker chick and her eye makeup. It adds too much attention to that spot but with nothing else to flow with them.
Just MHO .
Thanks for the comments guys... lets clear a few things up..
1. the eyelids stay. Am going to put on bodykit as well but at this time, have put off exterior mods in order to focus on making sure the engine is right, because it needs some attention right now until I can swap for the 2JZ.
2. I agree monotone is probably the way to go, but this wont be done until sometime next year, after the engine is straight and I save the money for the paint job. Not to mention, I'm not sure if I'm gonna change the color or not. I'm gonna Invest in some good quality paint, probably from House of Kolors, and it aint gonna be cheap. However since I am on the road alot with my job, I really only get every other weekend to try to make things happen, or put into effect.
3. By no means did I ever boast that my car is VIP, I was stating that I took pics at my friends place of business, VIP Garage.
4. Coilovers-- probably will go that way, but weighing my options.. Roads not really too good here in MD to go low. Bodykits--have seen a few I am interested in, but really don't like a whole lot of what is there for the first gen. Just trying to see which one I will settle on. Yes, everyone screams WALD, and it lookd great, just not what I want.

Thanks everyone for their comments, and please recognize that my car is still along way from being finished and that it is going to be a work in progress for a long time. Unfortunately, my money dont flow like water, and in the favorite words of my friend Big Lexass-- I will just get what I like. LOL!!!!!!
Old 08-10-06, 07:32 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the whole car looks sweet, especially for the age. I would keep the 2 tone, it looks great brings it out. The eyelids are cool. Everyone have thier personal preference. I guess some like it better than others. VIP garage shoot was very nice. Glad I was there to check out the rides and have some pics taken. Keep up the good work TRUKN1 behind you 100% Dawg. DUB style looks good when done right and I think those wheels look great on the ride.
Old 08-10-06, 09:12 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im with this guy ^ dont listen to this cats hissing and moaning just do what you want bro! ill make sure to update you too.

btw how did that strut bar work out for you?
Old 08-10-06, 09:41 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Brandicus, the bar fits however, I have not installed permanently because I have had alot of recovery work done under the hood. BTW loving the new sig.
Old 08-10-06, 11:02 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year is your LS?

My engine is getting the "ticking" valve noise and am not looking forward to the repair that is needed.

Last edited by Pagong; 08-10-06 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-10-06, 11:26 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

hey vince, you know if those SF-1s will fit on my UCF20?

i doubt it for some reason
Old 08-11-06, 09:49 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by Pagong
What year is your LS?

My engine is getting the "ticking" valve noise and am not looking forward to the repair that is needed.
My LS is a 92 and I also have that engine ticking associated with our cars. Mine has been evaluated already and it was determined that I just need a valve adjustment 7-800 dollar ballpark figure, so saving for that before I start to mod under the hood.
Old 08-11-06, 10:31 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

a 92?!!! :O

That paint job is like butter...silky smooth.
Old 08-13-06, 07:38 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
hey vince, you know if those SF-1s will fit on my UCF20?

i doubt it for some reason
Of course it will , that is what i have on mine SF-1
Old 08-13-06, 11:08 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by skperformance
Of course it will , that is what i have on mine SF-1
yae, but is there only 1 model throughout all the years? most companys split it into UCF10/11 and UCF20/21 compatible models.
Old 08-14-06, 01:40 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They only use one listing but it fits both . On the UCF 20/21 it will make the car sit slightly lower in the front but the rear is still able to have large height changes. I have my fronts cranked up all the way and it works good for me with a 255 tire and a 15mm H&R spacer from bottoming out and rubbing the fenders.

BTW trkn1 i wasn't trying to rag on your car as i do like it , just it did remind me of the eye makeup thing. Hope you know what i mean.
Old 08-14-06, 02:24 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

SK-last question for you:
did you purchase your SF-1's new or used? hows the wear on them? im asking because SF-1 shock replacements are ~$180 each and are extremely limited in supply.

Pagong-contact me pls re: your set of SF-1's, i have some q's regarding mileage, condition, price, etc...
Old 08-14-06, 11:40 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey truckin I see you've been polishing a lot. The car looks great man, as you already know, make it mono tone.
Old 08-14-06, 11:48 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry truckn1 for the hijack

Last edited by Pagong; 09-01-06 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: VIP Garage photoshoot