LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

VIP Garage photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-06, 02:34 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bought them used for 2 years , i had them for about a year and they are working just fine. I wish i had air suspension though.
Old 08-14-06, 05:55 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

BTW trkn1 i wasn't trying to rag on your car as i do like it , just it did remind me of the eye makeup thing. Hope you know what i mean.

No offense taken at all man, that is the puurpose of the forums, to get opinions right!!!! I had the same reaction when I first put them on myself, but in time the grew on me. It's funny cause these have been on my car since april/may of this year, and numerous pics have been posted since then, and you're the first one to comment on them. See how sutle they are unless you really look for them. LOL!!!!! Like I said, right now my mods are really going to be so subtle, that you hardly notice them, as it is currently a rolling work in progress. Until it is done, just have to keep her looking nice until, she is where I want her to be.
Pagong--
It's true, my car is a 92 and I am proud of how it shows up in pics, and from a distance, but up close my paint has alot of chips and scrapes and imperfections that need attention. Notice, I never show the back end of my car because that is the worse area (lower bumper). LOL!!!!! Not really stressing over thatr now because I saw a subtle body kit that I want to get which will tie everything together. After that, then new paint.

Hey truckin I see you've been polishing a lot. The car looks great man, as you already know, make it mono tone.
Stef--
You know as well as I that black is hard to maintain and keep looking decent. LOL!!! Yeah, I have been compounding, claybarring, polishing, waxing and glazing the living daylights out of the car. Black is hard enough to maintain as it is, but when it is 14 years old, have been neglected by the previous owner, and you're trying to save it until you can get it close to perfection again, then there isnt a buffer I havent burned out yet. Shine has cost me alot of arm exertion and heating pads when done(LOL!!!!). Still not show room finish, but the best I can do for now is at least make it look good for the cameras. Monotone in future, just saving money for it and flipping color choices.

Last edited by trukn1; 08-14-06 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-14-06, 10:23 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

With the right kit it just might look damn nice 2 tone. I am keeping my car 2 tone when i install the kit. I had seen the eyelids before but never mentioned anything as i only thought of Tammy this time and was writing that post as i remembered her from years gone by crying on TV about stealing and being sorry.
Maybe i am just jealous deep down that you can put yours on since your car is black and i have to paint my eyelids to match the car before i can install them LMAO . :O
Old 08-15-06, 05:26 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Actually thinking seriously of leaving it as a 2 tone. Really considering darkening up the grey section to a granite color like on the platinum editions of later years. not sure though, paint is the last thing on my agenda right now. LOL!!! Until then, I will painstakenly take care of the original 14y/o paint.