LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Car stolen, Brooklyn, Cypress Hills area

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 03:15 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen a show about car theft, and how thieves stole cars with all the new anti-theft features. One thing they do is replace the replace the oem computer with a hacked computer so you dont need the transponder chip and disables all the anti-theft features. Evil genius', scary aint it
Old 10-06-06, 08:25 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Found the car, two blocks from where I work. The whole interior is stripped - seats, front and rear, center console, gauges, ignition... They cut all the wires, so even after I buy new parts I'm still gonna have trouble finding harnesses.

Everything else seems unharmed - body, wheels and engine department looks untouched. I'm super tired right now, but I'll take pics over the weekend and post here for your opinions.

Meanwhile, does anyone know if seats from newer generation LS, or other Lexus models will fit my car?
Old 10-06-06, 10:36 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

they SHOULD fit but idk about the wiring since all the seat positions are computer controlled.

best bet is finding an LS4 parts car w/complete interior.
Old 10-07-06, 07:51 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Thats what I want to do, but I kind of like newer LS seats much better. Another problem is that these bastards cut the harnesses, so its gonna be a major pain to do anything.
Old 10-07-06, 10:59 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

again, if u can find a parts car your set, itl have all the harnesses and wiring

glad to hear that you at least got it back man
Old 10-07-06, 03:54 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

What do I do about ignition? If I put in another ignition lock, that means I will have to carry two keys - one for alarm and doors, and another for ignition.

Also, right now the biggest problem is that the steering is locked. Is there a way to unlock it without starting the car?
Old 10-07-06, 04:00 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

can u describe in detail exactly what they did to the ignition? pics would be nice too.
Old 10-07-06, 04:12 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Good point. I can't tell you in all details because it was kind of dark out when I found it last night. I'm gonna go to my shop tomorrow with a camera and snap some pictures of everything that is damaged, and post them here.
Old 10-07-06, 05:03 PM
mobilyte
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2 options for your key dilema:

find a donor/parts car and use all the lock cylinders from the 2 front doors, glovebox, trunk and ignition. remember to swap out the rom/door control module from the trunk to have the factory keyless work.

buy a new ignition cylinder from the dealer with your vin for your existing keys.

if you have time, i'd call the local body shops, used part dealers, salvage yards and ask about "replacing" your existing interior without giving away that yours was stolen. you might be able to find a lead on who is responsible for the theft.
Old 10-07-06, 09:16 PM
crazimofo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just install keyless entry..only need one key for the ignition
Old 10-09-06, 10:19 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Ok guys, she started right up. The ignition cylinder is completely ripped out, and its housing is twisted. However, theres a pin inside there, I turned it with pliers and she poured right up. I'm gonna clean her our right now and post pics.
Old 10-09-06, 05:10 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Ok, pictures as promised. Any and all input is much appreciated.

This is the engine in the picture below. Seem fully intact, nothing seems to be missing.

This is drivers side rear door. Bastards broke the handle trim.

This is overhead light panel. They stole the cover, and two bulbs are missing. What type of bulbs are these anyway?

The three pictures below show whats left of the gauge cluster. Bastards cut two harnesses.

These two pictures are of whats left of the arm rest and center console.

These two pictures show the drivers seat... or the lack of thereof. Bastards cut the harness too.

Old 10-09-06, 05:11 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

This is whats left of the rear seat.

And thats whats left of the passengers seat. The harness is also cut.

The one picture I forgot to snap is the ignition lock. But like I said in my previous post, its completely ripped out, and I'm able to start the car using plyers.
Old 10-09-06, 05:19 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow they did some pretty extensive damage. What is your insurance policy like? Are you sure you want to try and repair this car? It seems like it will take a decent amount of work.. you'll have to solder all the wires for your front two seats.. same thing for your cluster. That is not including parts. I noticed your post looking for 2nd gen seats.. but I'm not sure they will fit, and even if they fit the cabling may not be the same. Your dash is also going to be a PITA because they cut two of the connectors.. Finding seats is also going to be a pain, but just be on the lookout on eBay. Are you sure insurance wont just total this car? It might be easier to just buy another LS of the same year...
Old 10-09-06, 05:44 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Well the problem is I only had minimum liability.

Quick Reply: Car stolen, Brooklyn, Cypress Hills area