LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Anyone previously owned an Acura Legend ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 09:58 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

The 2nd Gen Legends are timeless. The shape never gets old or out-dated....but I'm a biased ex KA8 owner....
Old 04-11-07, 06:04 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gobears
Does any of you own Acura Legend before? I have Legend GS, and I am thinking of selling it and getting LS 400. I love the look, and the drive of Legend. It's harder and harder to find clean Legend, but I can still find quite a lot of nice clean LS 400 out there.

I know that this is Lexus site, so I understand that I am going to get biased answer. That's ok as long as it make sense.

???

Please tell me sell my Legend and buy LS 400.

Nice ride, I like that. If I were you, I would keep that, looks like it's been very well maintained and taken care of.
Old 04-11-07, 06:41 AM
Blavatsky
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep your legend. No question about it.
I own a 93 Legend LS sedan, and although it's tempting to sell it and pay off more of my LS400, it's a classic car, and always fun to drive. There is of course the maintenance cost, and possibility of a BHG, but there are very few cars on the road (to me) that look as timeless and sleek. With rims and tint it gets more looks than my stock LS400 anyday. The problem I have now is finding money to mod both; the legend needs a drop and a manifold swap, LS needs rims and tint
Old 04-11-07, 09:00 AM
gobears
Pole Position

Thanks for the compliment guys!

What was I thinking about selling my Legend? I should appreciate more of what I have. Good luck finding a nice Legend let alone GS Black / Black.
Old 04-11-07, 11:22 AM
CWHLS400
Driver School Candidate

Default First post, but here goes.

Couldn't resist posting here, as I just purchased a 1999 LS 400, blue with tan interior, 71k miles. I am also now selling my 1992 Acura Legend LS automatic with 58K miles on it.
I would imagine some would agree and some would dissagree, but I have to say I really like the smooth ride and imperceptable shifts of the 1998+ LS sedans. And after reading how powerful, quick, and reliable the LS is, I couldn't pass it up.
Paid less than $15k which I think is an OK deal, but not great.

My Acura was a nice car. Bought in 2005 with 37k orginal miles on it from the one and only owner. I just can't get past all the little things. I am approaching middle age and maybe I just need more of a grown up car. The acura would corner like it was on rails, especially when I upgraded to the 2003TL rims and new Michelins, but my new-to-me LS is pure love. I really liked the honda products, and there are things my Acura has the LS does not (boy am I going to miss steering wheel stereo controls!).
Anyone previously owned an Acura Legend ???-acura-pics-4.2.2007-001.jpg

Here is my car for sale. I think with 58k miles its a pretty good buy for $6500.

Looking forward to learning a few things about my new car.
The reason I joined was to try and figure out how to turn my DRL's off.
Guess the dealer has a few things to do for me to get the car up to snuff.
Old 04-11-07, 12:18 PM
gobears
Pole Position

CWHLS400

Post it on www.acura-legend.com

Last edited by gobears; 04-11-07 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-11-07, 12:20 PM
gobears
Pole Position

I will trade my Legend with 2nd Gen GS 300/400 any day.
Old 04-11-07, 11:00 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...stuslegend.jpg

My 94 has just 100,000 miles and runs great, so I really have no reason to run out and replace it with a 1998 LS400 and spend the extra $15,000, except that I would really enjoy the extra quiet, the greater comfort, the smoother ride. Hmmm, sounds like 3 good reasons to me.

I keep my Legend mainly because its front wheel drive, which suits Canadian winters, plus the Legend is better suited to my low key, understated personality.
Old 04-12-07, 06:20 AM
Blavatsky
Pole Position

I really liked the honda products, and there are things my Acura has the LS does not (boy am I going to miss steering wheel stereo controls!).
I still find myself punching for those buttons when I'm driving the LS, hehe

so I really have no reason to run out and replace it with a 1998 LS400 and spend the extra $15,000, except that I would really enjoy the extra quiet, the greater comfort, the smoother ride. Hmmm, sounds like 3 good reasons to me.
3 good points I would have to agree on

plus the Legend is better suited to my low key, understated personality.
Agreed; I love the LS but still sometimes feel weird driving it or getting in it in a parking lot (?). Dunno why, something about the image people have of it. Legend somehow I feel more comfortable/ on the level with.
Old 04-12-07, 01:57 PM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am selling my '94 Legend GS this weekend to another guy that will baby it. It was my second. This was my favorite car I've ever owned, and the most reliable. It is pretty snappy w/the typeII (even though it's auto) and it handles great. It loves to go 85-115mph, it's the car's sweet spot. I feel like an idiot even getting rid of it, but it's time. If anyone is thinking of buying one, you will never be dissapointed. To answer the threadstarter's question, I am parting with my beloved Legend only because i turned to the darkside (Lexus). Although you might wish you never sold your car, you will not be dissapointed in the Lexus. Good luck...
Old 04-14-07, 05:30 AM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Blavatsky
I love the LS but still sometimes feel weird driving it or getting in it in a parking lot (?). Dunno why, something about the image people have of it. Legend somehow I feel more comfortable/ on the level with.
OK, good, someone else said it ..... thank you !
I was worried it was just me being silly.
Old 04-14-07, 07:14 AM
pito
Lead Lap

Nothing wrong with wanting to be understated. Legends are good but they have too many similar and frequent problems for my tastes. The blown/seeping head gasket, vehicle speed sensor, door lock mechanism and tranny mounts seem to be too common, too frequently.

I also feel that the prices are just inflated for a car that is just a 6 cylinder that is not that technologically advanced. It handles nice for a sedan level car, but I think the price point needs to come down a tad. A 94+ coupe is always expensive and dont even talk about the infamous GS sedan. Guys want 7k for subpar examples.

I would get another one, but only with low miles and documented work.
Old 04-14-07, 08:13 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pito
Nothing wrong with wanting to be understated. Legends are good but they have too many similar and frequent problems for my tastes. The blown/seeping head gasket, vehicle speed sensor, door lock mechanism and tranny mounts seem to be too common, too frequently.

I also feel that the prices are just inflated for a car that is just a 6 cylinder that is not that technologically advanced. It handles nice for a sedan level car, but I think the price point needs to come down a tad. A 94+ coupe is always expensive and dont even talk about the infamous GS sedan. Guys want 7k for subpar examples.

I would get another one, but only with low miles and documented work.

I've had two, and drove them both for many many miles. The first one was a '92 LS sedan, although it was a fantastic car, the head gasket took a dive at around 170k. It was easily fixed, but I never felt right about that car afterward. My current GS (Sunday's my last day with it ) has had only the Climate Control blower motor go bad. Litterally not another single hiccup or problem. It is right at 200k and I bought it @ around 80k. It's just as fast as many of the mid '90's V8 luxury cars, but it also has a nice sporty feel to it. They are really hard to find now, especially GS models. Low mileage ones are almost impossible. I saw a '95 LS coupe 6M last year with like 6k on the odometer go for nearly 30k.
Old 04-14-07, 09:07 AM
gobears
Pole Position

Guys!! You want low miles GS with 6 manual.... Don't look further...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...QQcmdZViewItem

From someone at www.acura-legend.com
Old 04-14-07, 10:15 AM
kyoso23
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gobears
Guys!! You want low miles GS with 6 manual.... Don't look further...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...QQcmdZViewItem

From someone at www.acura-legend.com
Jesus. I've got a good mind to bid on that car and sell the Lexus I just got.

Quick Reply: Anyone previously owned an Acura Legend ???