LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How much is this kit worth (WALD)?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-07, 09:17 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is this kit worth (WALD)?

Hey guys,
I am considering selling my 93 LS 400 for a newer one, but I am also considering keeping it and just buying the newer one for my wife. Either way I have a wald kit that I had on my Celsior (when I lived in Japan) and was considering installing it on my current LS, that and a Tanabe exahust (also from my old Celsior). The thing I want to know how much more I can possibly get for my LS with all parts on it, or am I better off selling the parts separately?

My Black/gray LS has 207K, it runs very smooth, everything pretty much works (trying to fix main window control), tires are like new, a few minor parking lot dings here and there, but other than that, the paint is great. Oh, no rips in the seats and it has a very clean interior (trying to locate a shifter though). It also has JDM head lights. The car is mechanically sound!!!

Any how, I'm not trying to sell my car through this thread, I basically want you guys opinion on the wald kit question. that's all fellows.
Here's a pic of the kit on my old celsior, and exhaust.

Rear bumper lip/ balance, spoiler and exahust

Side skirts and fender piece with vents

Thank you for looking guys!
Old 07-08-07, 09:25 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's completely worthless. Sell me your parts for cheap.

You can't blame me for trying. Seriously, I am interested in the kit...it is pearl white already? Where is it, Japan or Arizona? How much?
Old 07-08-07, 09:31 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Well, I already started sanding it down so i can paint it (whenever I have time). It is located in AZ, but not for sale now.
Old 07-08-07, 10:21 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

if u want the cash, part it out. u never make ur money back but u get closer
Old 07-08-07, 11:26 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That was a nice celsior...How come you didnt bring that bad boy over here? To much $$?
Old 07-09-07, 05:36 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Yeah, you can't just bring any car into the US. Sort of like trying to bring a skyline, silvia, etc... I miss it though, much faster than my current LS.
Old 07-09-07, 08:40 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not trying to start any trouble here because the car definately looks nice, but which Wald kit is this? Something about this kit is just throwing it off. I always thought that Wald had a cleaner bumper design than this. The rear looks like a 3 piece valance which has been stuck to the underside of your stock bumper, and the side skits seem to be a bit off as well. Like I said, I am just trying to figure out which kit this is, not start an arguement. Car still looks good. I think it is suppose to be a Wald Exchange V3, but the rear bumper, and side skirts are all wrong.

This is the Exchange V3

The Executive Line

The Exchange Sportsline V1

How old is the kit, maybe it is a discontinued one. To be honest, just by the looks of it, I am suspect of it NOT being Wald. If I am in error, then I apologize in advance. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong in my thinking by helping me to identify. Am thinking that the kit you have is leaning a little more towards Artisans Spirits High Spec and not Wald,,

Last edited by trukn1; 07-09-07 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-09-07, 09:17 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

No biggie, you bring up a good point, but I beleive as you do too, that it is a discontinued WALD kit. And it is WALD, as every single piece of it has the WALD emblem. This came from Japan and not from Hong kong, so I know is not a knock off. LOL

The skirts weren't mounted correctly per say, it was missing some screws, so it sagged. I bought the car as you see it in the pic, so everything was as is, until I parted it out. I will post some pics of the kit and where it says WALD, maybe you'll be able to tell better. I'm still getting to know more about my LS, the after market support and so forth; hence, the questions about the kit.
Peace!
Old 07-09-07, 10:42 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool,, only reason I was leaning toward the Art Spirit was the 3 piece Valance around the exhaust, but if you know for a fact that it is stamped Wald, then like I said before I apologize. I could not remember the correct address for Walds' homepage period and google search turned up very little. I can see what you were talking about with the sagging and the pic you have from the very back kinda tells on it big time. The one thing which kept throwing me with to be Wald or not to be Wald was the front lower vents. I cant remember seeing them on any other kit and that was the only 1 true "unsolved mystery" if you will. The other pieces, pretty much lead me to think that maybe mix and match,, who knows. Give it a lil bit. Am sure Pure Drifter will be again, and will identify.(sometiomes this guy is like a Lexus nuts and bolts god or something,,,LOL!!!!). Yo PD,, we need your assistance.
Old 07-09-07, 10:44 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the list of mods for the celsior much larger over in Japan? Cheaper??

Was one reason you couldnt bring the car over because it was right-side drive??

I'd love to have a right-sided Skyline.
Old 07-09-07, 11:58 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Is the list of mods for the celsior much larger over in Japan? Cheaper??

Was one reason you couldnt bring the car over because it was right-side drive??

I'd love to have a right-sided Skyline.

I'm thinking it has to do with smog. Right hand drive cars are fine in US so long as you federalize them.
Old 07-10-07, 12:10 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

lotta reasons, go look in the general classifieds for the skyline for sale, i put a ton of info and links into it.