LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

pics of my 92 ls400

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-07, 07:44 PM
eddiej
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics of my 92 ls400

Here are some pics of my 92 ls400!

Old 08-21-07, 07:51 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

is that a rare color or something? i hardly see any ls400's that color.
Old 08-22-07, 09:29 AM
jeffls400
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great...mine is the same color...Dark Taupe
Old 08-22-07, 02:36 PM
eddiej
Driver

Thanks! It is taupe. I got the wheels off ebay for a steal. The car has 130,000 miles and very little problems!!
Old 08-22-07, 03:30 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks real nice and clean bro. Yes, that color is pretty rare. I like the look of the 430 wheels on your car. I have only seen one other one like yours but it said "Herringer Touring" on the trunk. I always wondered if it was a dealer name or an aftermarket company like Brabus, AMG, etc.
Old 08-22-07, 03:38 PM
eddiej
Driver

Thansk a bunch. I am glad to know the color is rare. I was actually going to repaint it, but I liked the way the wheels went with the color and left it alone. I have some plans. I am going to do the muffler stuff and an intake. I have blue halogen head lights and going with the clear amrkers. Just a little to make it stand out but not overdoing it.
Old 08-22-07, 03:48 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah you definitely got the wheel look right. The contrast between the car and wheels is nice. The muffler delete and intake is a cheap way to "hear" the engine. I did a variation of it until I finally do the true dual exhaust. I had blue halogens that looked awesome but recently switched back to Sylvania Silver Star's. I hear you on doing a few things. That way you can modify it to your taste slowly rather than blowing a bunch of cash on many things.
Old 08-22-07, 08:56 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by steveski
The muffler delete and intake is a cheap way to "hear" the engine.
any chance you have a youtube video or something of your cars exhaust? I am hestitant to slap a muffler delete on LS, because... well... its a lexus. my vette and mustang both have straight pipes, but I just dont know how a Lexus will sound. Thanks!
Old 08-22-07, 08:58 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

by the way I have the taupe as well... I havent gotten anything but compliments from it. People love it!

Looks dark cause its in the shade...
Old 08-22-07, 10:42 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
any chance you have a youtube video or something of your cars exhaust? I am hestitant to slap a muffler delete on LS, because... well... its a lexus. my vette and mustang both have straight pipes, but I just dont know how a Lexus will sound. Thanks!
you can just unbolt the rear sections without cutting anything (a big rubber mallet and some WD40 before hand helps a LOT) and then see if u like it. if u dont, put them back on. if you do, drive ot ur local muffler shop and have them weld some extensions on

im running muffler delete since i sold my LSportline exhaust and right before i was gunna have my new setup done some *$&hole slashed my tires
Old 08-23-07, 04:25 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
you can just unbolt the rear sections without cutting anything (a big rubber mallet and some WD40 before hand helps a LOT) and then see if u like it. if u dont, put them back on. if you do, drive ot ur local muffler shop and have them weld some extensions on

im running muffler delete since i sold my LSportline exhaust and right before i was gunna have my new setup done some *$&hole slashed my tires
How does it compare in your opinion to the LSportline? Obviously its gonna sound different. I had the LSportline exhaust on my GS400 and lloovvveeddd it.... but I dont have the $$ for it now.
Old 08-23-07, 05:08 PM
eddiej
Driver

Iansaltes, ur car looks great!! That color is clean. I am thinking a repaint but in the same color only. Maybe for the future.
Old 08-23-07, 05:50 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight pipes IMO aren't worth it on the car. I mean, if you delete the resonators/mufflers and replace them with a straight through Magnaflow, it will sound great but not be too loud. It's what I'm planning to do.

Right now I'm running kinda open header. I had to cut off the exhaust right after the primary cats to change my driveshaft, and since then, my friend threw away the rest of the catback. It sounds great, has a nice loud rumble at idle, but accelerating, it just doesn't sound the same as a bigger engine. I'm guessing it's gonna sound similar with straight pipes, though not as loud in the actual cabin.

At least now that my friend threw away my stock crap, I have an incentive to finish up my plans... with a true dual stainless steel exhaust setup to dual magnaflows. Should sound great once it's done.
Old 08-23-07, 06:48 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by eddiej
Iansaltes, ur car looks great!! That color is clean. I am thinking a repaint but in the same color only. Maybe for the future.
thanks!! Are you plannin' on tinting the windows? I just put 15% on it and it looks real good. Not too dark, but not too light. jjuusstttt rrriiigghhttt.
Old 08-23-07, 10:26 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
How does it compare in your opinion to the LSportline? Obviously its gonna sound different. I had the LSportline exhaust on my GS400 and lloovvveeddd it.... but I dont have the $$ for it now.
its a bit louder and my only compaint is that it drones a tiny bit at around 30-45mph on a quiet street BUT its because i dont ahve any piping after the rear axle and the sound is resonating up into the cabin. if u have extensions made to the rear of the car you'l be fine.

Originally Posted by pfantom68
Straight pipes IMO aren't worth it on the car. I mean, if you delete the resonators/mufflers and replace them with a straight through Magnaflow, it will sound great but not be too loud. It's what I'm planning to do.

Right now I'm running kinda open header. I had to cut off the exhaust right after the primary cats to change my driveshaft, and since then, my friend threw away the rest of the catback. It sounds great, has a nice loud rumble at idle, but accelerating, it just doesn't sound the same as a bigger engine. I'm guessing it's gonna sound similar with straight pipes, though not as loud in the actual cabin.

At least now that my friend threw away my stock crap, I have an incentive to finish up my plans... with a true dual stainless steel exhaust setup to dual magnaflows. Should sound great once it's done.
not "straight pipes" but a muffler delete. as you probably realized as you tore ur old exhaust off, the LS has FIVE (for 99% of people) mufflers.

2xcats---->center resonator---->2x muffler----->2xresonator

after the muffler delete u ahve this.
2xcats---->center resonator---->2x muffler---->the world

^sounds pretty good for costing damn near nothing (only absolutely nothing if u dont have pipes made, but please, do it ) the reason pfantom's sounds off is because he got rid of ALL of the mufflers...

Quick Reply: pics of my 92 ls400