LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Veritek's LS400 New Wheels and a Drop!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-07, 08:17 AM
Masticore
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice job guys .....
that looks superb....
man i wish i could find a "crew" in VA.....
i am going to be paying a sh@tton in shipping from CA to VA for all my stuff.
oh well, i know it will be worth it tho.

i want to get a nice drop just like that, 1-2", thats all....just so it sits comfortable...and im only running 18"x 8"s so yeah...

anyway Very nice install!
it looks ****in Hawt!

keep it up!
Old 08-28-07, 08:31 AM
billy boi
Rookie

profile shot looks sweet .... but for some reason , when its a front shot , it doesn't flow right . it seems like the front needs a little more drop to even out . like the front sits higher than the rear . maybe it will even out after some time .
but all in all , looks good .
Old 08-28-07, 08:35 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Thanks for all the feedback. First off, I'd like to thank DaveGS4 for offering to sell me his super clean, well maintained LS. Next, I'd like to thank my boy Tony for helping me go up to Dave's to pick up the car and carrying the L-Sportline Kit and extra wheels back in his 4 Runner. Thanks to Steve Smith for painting and installing the L-Sportline kit. Next, big thanks to Mark Yuen @ High Society VIP for getting me the absolute last set of Shallen AX's available. Big thanks to Shin and Tony for helping me get all the wheels and tires to Kauffman Tire and hanging out for a bit (we were hoping to do a photo shoot, but the suspension took a bit longer than expected). Thanks to Mikey @ Kauffman for setting me up with the install of the suspension, wheels, tires and alignment. And finally, thanks again to Tony for taking the amazing photos. The LS turned out exactly like I envisioned!!! Thanks everyone.

Last edited by veritek; 08-28-07 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-28-07, 08:54 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
looks good but needs to be LOWER

everyone's running LSportline Kits xD you, SK, Lexkost, etc...

why does this car look so familiar
I KNEW someone was going to say it!!! Congratulations PureDrifter on being the first, and I'm sure not the last, heheh. Actually, I was thinking of doing Air Runner, but I plan on using the LS to travel in style, luxury and comfort, down to Florida on family vacations and other long distance trips. Besides, I initially liked that slammed look, but it's kinda losing it's attraction for me for some reason. I was worried the L-Sportline susp wasn't going to be enough of a drop, but it sits just right for me. And as far as everyone running the L-Sportline kit, what can I say, great minds think alike, heheh. It didn't hurt that the kit came with the car too, not installed but still. Actually, I almost didn't put it back on, the stock lines are so clean and classy on the 2.5 LS's.
Old 08-28-07, 08:58 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Looks pretty good! 100 x more aggressive with the 20s on it.

How does it ride with the suspension back on and the 20s?
Hey Dave, thanks again for the great purchase, and buying experience!!! You and Krista are truly a class act. As far as the ride, I was kinda worried when you said the L-Sportlines were a bit stiffer, cuz I was really loving the smooth, cushy ride of the stock suspension, but you know what? I actually really like the way the LS rides and handles now. It's a bit stiffer, but much more responsive and not harsh at all.
Old 08-28-07, 09:08 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skperformance
I am kind of tired of seeing this kit myself , i feel like i see it every single day LMAO ...kidding.

Something about it just seems off . I personally love that wheel just not in chrome as i am thinking about it for a next set but in a machined finish.

Probably the height that is throwing me off. Change the color and drop it and it is a winner.
Hey SK, it's partially your fault for getting me onto the LS!!! Well, you and Stefan. When I saw your car and Stefan's @ Lexfest, I was hooked. As far as the wheel, I was initially gonna go with machined too, but Mark @ High Society only had the 3-D chrome finish available in the 20's. And now I'm soooo glad that he did, cuz I absolutely love it!!!! The color wasn't my first choice either, and I was thinking of repainting it Bentley Black, DWP, or Millenium Silver, but the color has grown on me too, very elegant and classy. So she'll stay like that, for a while at least. And it is dropped, but you probably mean drop it some more, right? Not for the moment, maybe never, cuz she sits right like I like her.
Old 08-28-07, 10:41 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by veritek
I KNEW someone was going to say it!!! Congratulations PureDrifter on being the first, and I'm sure not the last, heheh. Actually, I was thinking of doing Air Runner, but I plan on using the LS to travel in style, luxury and comfort, down to Florida on family vacations and other long distance trips. Besides, I initially liked that slammed look, but it's kinda losing it's attraction for me for some reason. I was worried the L-Sportline susp wasn't going to be enough of a drop, but it sits just right for me. And as far as everyone running the L-Sportline kit, what can I say, great minds think alike, heheh. It didn't hurt that the kit came with the car too, not installed but still. Actually, I almost didn't put it back on, the stock lines are so clean and classy on the 2.5 LS's.

so it WAS Dave's old car

you have the actual LSportline suspension or LSportline springs with regular Bilstein HD shocks? easiest way to tell is that the LSportline-branded Bilsteins have 4 perch settings on each shock vs. the regular Bilstein HD which have only 2.
Old 08-28-07, 11:29 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Dave told me it was the LSportline suspension set up, so I'm assuming it's branded suspension.
Old 08-28-07, 11:49 AM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks clean bro - I like the 20's - wish sometimes I went bigger than 18's but I will survive. Knew that car looked familiar on this site. Those shots with the tires in the back seat look outrageous - freakin fat
Old 08-28-07, 12:19 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by steveski
Looks clean bro - I like the 20's - wish sometimes I went bigger than 18's but I will survive. Knew that car looked familiar on this site. Those shots with the tires in the back seat look outrageous - freakin fat

Steve 20's make the world of difference on the LS... and if you get good wheels and tires the ride will be as good as the 18's.
Old 08-28-07, 12:49 PM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Very Gangsta VIP... You guys are ballers!!

Congrats BING!

I'm gonna start calling you Mac Bling
Old 08-28-07, 12:51 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by steveski
Talk about fat, I'm running 285/30/20 Dunlops in the rear.
Old 08-28-07, 01:26 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexkost
Steve 20's make the world of difference on the LS... and if you get good wheels and tires the ride will be as good as the 18's.
Tell me about it - I was trying to be conservative (price, performance and comfort) - not the next time though. I at least should have gone with 19's at first since they were available in my rim style
Old 08-28-07, 01:27 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by veritek
Talk about fat, I'm running 285/30/20 Dunlops in the rear.
That's awesome - no wonder they looked like sneakers. Looks good - real good. Kind of like AMG rims for the S class Wider is better
Old 08-28-07, 02:10 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well i am glad you got a car that YOU love as that is all that matters. I hated my spoiler until i installed it and it looked so much better but could use the ends being sanded to make it flush.
I am glad to see i am not the only one with fitment issues with the Lsportline kit as the chrome trim doesn't line up properly on mine either.
Try taking some pics of the car on more flat ground instead of on a hill and i think it will take care of the jacked up look .

Quick Reply: Veritek's LS400 New Wheels and a Drop!