LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Veritek's LS400 New Wheels and a Drop!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-07, 03:02 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
Well i am glad you got a car that YOU love as that is all that matters. I hated my spoiler until i installed it and it looked so much better but could use the ends being sanded to make it flush.
I am glad to see i am not the only one with fitment issues with the Lsportline kit as the chrome trim doesn't line up properly on mine either.
Try taking some pics of the car on more flat ground instead of on a hill and i think it will take care of the jacked up look .
Actually, the front vs back ride height didn't change like I thought it would parking on a hill vs on level ground (I thought it would bring the front down more), maybe the springs need to settle a little? And the fitment issue isn't the chrome trim, it's actually the rear bumper, which I have to take back and have the shop adjust. I was wondering when someone was gonna catch that, since it was a glaring blemish to me. Not surprised it was you, good eye!!!
Old 08-28-07, 04:59 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The rear bumper colour is off but so is mine.
On my rear bumper the trim strip only has a slot to where it meets the quarter panel after that it just fits in between the 2 . Mine looks just like your as i have no way to pull the bumper back in to get rid of the gap.
Good luck and let me know if they fix yours.
Old 08-28-07, 09:51 PM
vborder
Lead Lap

The car looks very classy and not crazy
Old 08-29-07, 06:23 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BTW going air runner would be way smoother and luxury than the coil spring set up. My air suspension is so much better for long drives or any drive as it is smooth as silk once set up right.
Old 08-30-07, 08:54 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

BTW going air runner would be way smoother and luxury than the coil spring set up. My air suspension is so much better for long drives or any drive as it is smooth as silk once set up right.
Hmmmm..... c'mon man, I'm trying to curb the spending!!! Help me out here!!! I'm trying to convince myself out of Air Runner, heheh.
Old 08-30-07, 08:56 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by vborder
The car looks very classy and not crazy
Thanks. I was concerned the chrome would make the car look blingy/flashy, but with that color, I think it turned out clean and classy.
Old 08-30-07, 08:58 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

The rear bumper colour is off but so is mine.
On my rear bumper the trim strip only has a slot to where it meets the quarter panel after that it just fits in between the 2 . Mine looks just like your as i have no way to pull the bumper back in to get rid of the gap.
Good luck and let me know if they fix yours.
Yeah, I noticed the slight color difference too, but only at certain angles. You normally can't tell. I guess it's the pearl in the paint. Usually, you have to paint the whole car if there's any kind of pearl in it to really match.