LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Oh I Miss My LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-07, 12:57 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oh I Miss My LS

On sunday I went to a Lexus Meet here in the northeast with my new car. I was fine at first because I only saw SC's, GS's, and IS lexus cars. Then comes this sweet, lowered, kitted, and clean 98-00 LS, I think I almost fell apart. I started thinking about my old car and how much time and effort I put into it and what the finish product looked like. No matter how much I love my new car, my LS was my baby.

It was greenvy2k here is his ride

Has this happen to anyone else here?
Old 09-13-07, 01:16 PM
pishta
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
. No matter how much I love my new car, my LS was my baby.

I had a '65 Barracuda long time ago, my first real car. Sold it when I joined the Marines. Saw one years later and bought it without even a test ride. Cars do grow on you.
Old 09-13-07, 04:13 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

i miss certain aspects of my old '95, does that count
Old 09-14-07, 02:54 AM
absolut
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I missed my '91 so much, I bought a '92!
Old 09-14-07, 07:41 AM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys may think I'm nuts, but I love 2nd Gen Maximas. Was my first car, I've owned three of them so far. The last time I was almost killed in one (someone T boned me).

Still, my love for that car is so much that I'm definitely gonna get another one. And turbo it. And convert the interior to nice grey leather. And drop it.
Old 09-14-07, 09:07 AM
mac6694
Driver

Hey, I have a ridiculous affection for the 2nd-gen Cherokees(97-01). In my mind, they are the best SUV on the road. Makes perfect sense.
Old 09-14-07, 08:26 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

.... Then comes this sweet, lowered, kitted, and clean 98-00 LS, I think I almost fell apart. I started thinking about my old car and how much time and effort I put into it and what the finish product looked like. No matter how much I love my new car, my LS was my baby.
OH Stef, kid, dont you start this now. We had MANY conversations about that LS shortly before you got rid of it. You remember you were even considering getting rid of it for an SC430. Bruh,, you are like 6'7 and you wanted and SC. I told you before, that LS was your true identity and no matter how much you tried to deny how much you WEREN'T gonna miss it, I told you this was gonna haunt you. LOL!!! That car truly conveyed your personality,, calm, gentle, sophistocated, yet stylish, classy, and able to stay up with the masses. Yours was probably one of THE 3LS's here that everybody was trying to catch up to in the area of sophistocation. Well since you miss it so much,, let me take you back down memory lane. Here is YOUR thread for you, and everyone else who is not familiar to enjoy.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=long+road
Old 09-14-07, 08:37 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

omg i never that car belonged to you! ur car is what made me love the HR3's. person who bought it was extremely lucky.
Old 09-15-07, 08:43 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

On sunday I went to a Lexus Meet here in the northeast with my new car. I was fine at first because I only saw SC's, GS's, and IS lexus cars. Then comes this sweet, lowered, kitted, and clean 98-00 LS, I think I almost fell apart. I started thinking about my old car and how much time and effort I put into it and what the finish product looked like. No matter how much I love my new car, my LS was my baby.

It was greenvy2k here is his ride

That is the reason I am keeping my LS and buying an SC430.
... by the way the car in your pic is ugly!
Attached Thumbnails Oh I Miss My LS-new-20pics-20005.jpg  
Old 09-16-07, 12:34 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The LS is a hard car to replace.
As of right now i have one wheel with a broken wheel stud AGAIN !
One wheel that is factory as my rear rim bead separated and has to be fixed AGAIN!
BUT I finally got the air suspension heights ,pressures and dampening set perfectly . It now floats down the road but not in corners and i love it.
I just got the exhaust redone to allow the car to drop another inch without stopping it.
Oh yah i am still waiting on a rear knuckle ,a front wheel bearing and don;t feel like dumping $600 on both upper control arms right now as well as some free strut rod replacements . After that is done I'll throw on my 15mm KICS spacer out back for the stance .
So you could be dumping money in it like me just to get a Lexus ride instead of spending to pass a 993 .
One day you'll have speed and luxury , for now you get to pass luxury every 3 seconds .
Old 09-16-07, 04:14 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Whats your new car?
Old 09-16-07, 07:34 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie
Whats your new car?
he drives this now, the white vette.

Old 09-17-07, 09:19 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Thanks guys for trying to make me feel better, but you all still have your LS's. The funny thing is, I tried to make to make the vette look like the LS giving it that clean, classy look, but it just looks mean.

Thanks Truck for posting that link, that really helped, NOT.
Old 09-17-07, 10:01 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Dang Stefan, how are you goin to come down here to the ATL for Lexfest, get me all hyped about getting a LS after you and SK gave me a double dose of what a modded LS could look like (before I saw yours, I always thought the LS was for old farts), then when I get one, you sell yours?! Well, at least you got a C5
Old 09-17-07, 10:07 AM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyones that pays $600 for UCA's in this day & age with the Armstrong option now available is crazy.

Quick Reply: Oh I Miss My LS