LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

LS400 Video on YouTube... sad, sad, sad....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-07, 12:49 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

no LS400 has ever had an OEM LSD.

search the LS400 forums for "LSD*" without the quotes but with the asterisk
Old 11-04-07, 11:11 AM
ewenpg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously unimpressed by this guys lack of talent and for putting other people at risk. I am no light foot either but there is a time and place. Poor LS400!!!
It is in Poland.
Old 11-04-07, 11:29 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wouldn't be surprised if this car is stolen. A lot of the stolen cars in western Europe end up in Poland.
He certainly drove it like he stole it with totall disregard for everyone around him.
Doing 100mph in a city...........he deserves something bad.
Old 11-04-07, 11:43 AM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Richie
Wouldn't be surprised if this car is stolen. A lot of the stolen cars in western Europe end up in Poland.
He certainly drove it like he stole it with totall disregard for everyone around him.
Doing 100mph in a city...........he deserves something bad.
yeah man I totally agree. Cause you know if he was REALLY just test driving it...the owner never would have "test drive" it like that!! He would have been gone for easily 30 minutes, given the amount of footage actually put into the video. If I let some guy test drive my car without me in it, I wouldnt want him to be gone ANY longer than 5 minutes, just enough to get a feel for the car.

I can see doing 100 on the highway just for fun, but in the city? Thats stupid...one wrong move and he would take himself out, and more than likely many other people too.

Douche.
Old 11-04-07, 03:11 PM
REELhybrid
Rookie

Default pretty gay

that was pretty gay..looks like he was trying to pull some real life GrandTheftAuto crap.

The least he could of done is get some skills and do some decent crazy 8's
Old 11-05-07, 07:24 AM
ewenpg
Driver

I am not really sure what is "gay" about it???
Old 11-05-07, 08:39 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lame lame lame...

what was the point?

newbie + old ls400 + video camera man = moron.

anyone notice the first set of donuts were done with the front windows down? (moron) and then he learned his lesson and had the windows up the second time.
Old 11-05-07, 11:36 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

I bet in no time that car is rolled, wrapped around the pole or otherwise crashed. Why post a video like that on YT, it is an embarrassment.
Old 11-05-07, 08:24 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ewenpg
I am not really sure what is "gay" about it???
In new age..."gay" has alot of different meanings such as:

Homosexual
Stupid
Ignorant
Retarded

OF the few...

Just to answer from my Highschool sense
Old 11-06-07, 11:15 AM
ewenpg
Driver

Really? This is Highschool? Out if those four definitions, three are insults and yet homosexual is grouped with them. "New Age"? Hmmm. You mean like the study of Spiritual exploration or like the music such as Enya?
Sorry, but I just see using the word 'gay' as an insult, as pretty stupid, ignorant and I would say retarded but as I work with Autistic children it would make me a hypocrite.
Old 11-06-07, 03:54 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

I don't see how using the word gay is an insult, especially towards a video. gay people use the word gay all the time... "gay bar", "I'm gay", etc...

I am against the thought that everybody need to be politcally correct all the time....and I see someone calling a video gay as pretty harmless.

Thats just my view.. it might be wrong, I know...but I am open to your thoughts, ewen.

I am not gay, and I am not insinuating that you are in any way... maybe a gay person WOULD be offended by saying something is gay, but I wouldnt THINK so.
Old 11-06-07, 06:43 PM
ewenpg
Driver

I get where you are coming from as I have a lot of gay friends and they use the word gay a lot, even in politically incorrect ways. However they never use it as derogatory reference against someone. There is a difference between describing something or classifying it and using it be a reference for something that is 'stupid' or 'ignorant'. There are so many words that could describe that video and I don't understand why this was chosen considering the media of type and email, is always open to interpretation, right or wrong.
I hate to be a pain in the *** about this but too many of my friends have been subject to this type of 'accidental' insulting.
As Ian Kershaw from he Third Reich in WWII said:
''The path to Auschwitz was paved with indifference.''
Old 11-06-07, 06:57 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ewenpg
I get where you are coming from as I have a lot of gay friends and they use the word gay a lot, even in politically incorrect ways. However they never use it as derogatory reference against someone. There is a difference between describing something or classifying it and using it be a reference for something that is 'stupid' or 'ignorant'. There are so many words that could describe that video and I don't understand why this was chosen considering the media of type and email, is always open to interpretation, right or wrong.
I hate to be a pain in the *** about this but too many of my friends have been subject to this type of 'accidental' insulting.
As Ian Kershaw from he Third Reich in WWII said:
''The path to Auschwitz was paved with indifference.''
haha yeah... it is funny how that word was chosen "stupid" or "dumb"...

little bit off topic, maybe??
Old 11-07-07, 07:03 AM
ewenpg
Driver

Just a little, haha! Either way, the guy in this clip is a fool but that part where he hits the curb and they try to edit it out is hilarious!
Old 11-07-07, 12:42 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Iansaltes
haha yeah... it is funny how that word was chosen "stupid" or "dumb"...

little bit off topic, maybe??
When someone at our school got in trouble for having too many tadries for example...

One would respond "That's so gay" Not mean homosexual... Just outright dumb. The word has escadladed into new meanings around my state.

-Just never knew people took things so serious, i find it quite funny to be honest.

Quick Reply: LS400 Video on YouTube... sad, sad, sad....