LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

AME Shallen test fit pt.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 11:22 AM
Dennis-C
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

normally i would suggest using a heat gun when rolling but the paint will be the least of your worries...so don't even bother...they will kink a little but slower the better...
Old 01-04-08, 11:53 AM
Big Steve
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good so far! going to be a real good set up once the car is on the ground. g/l and updates are always great!!
Old 01-04-08, 03:18 PM
thebeeguy
Pole Position

Whats up Big Steve! I met your Team mate Ace the other day, he came by my shop in his yellow Porsche. We hung out a bit and got to talking about cars and your name came up, and I told him I've seen you around on VSC before Small world because he's seen my brother on 6-speed forums haha.
Old 01-04-08, 03:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I promised to not say anything about crazy fitment in the vip section because tht's what it's all about. But in a regular section opinions should be free game. I am definitely not feeling it. Such a classy car with wheels sticking that far out just looks crazy to me.
Remember I'm old skool and this is just my opinion.
I can't wait to see the outcome of the suspension and fender work. Maybe my opinion will change.

Nice wheels!
Old 01-04-08, 03:32 PM
thebeeguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by reggiek
I promised to not say anything about crazy fitment in the vip section because tht's what it's all about. But in a regular section opinions should be free game. I am definitely not feeling it. Such a classy car with wheels sticking that far out just looks crazy to me.
I can't wait to see the outcome of the suspension and fender work. Maybe my opinion will change.

Nice wheels!
Oh nah thats fine man, to each his own
Old 01-04-08, 09:24 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

are you running spacers? and are these the LX's from takumiproject?
Old 01-04-08, 09:36 PM
thebeeguy
Pole Position

Nah i got them off of this guy on vipstylecars.com. And no spacers.
Old 01-04-08, 09:39 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

no brake clearance issues??? hmmm cool.
Old 01-04-08, 09:41 PM
thebeeguy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Dutch
Nope no clearence issues. Theres actually a little bit of room to spare. Not sure if it'll fit the 93-94's though as they came with bigger brakes. Mine's a 92.

BTW is that your S13 on Advans in that signature pic? My last car was an S14, I miss that car
Old 01-04-08, 09:54 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

no thats my buddies car (its an actual silvia he picked up while he was stationed in cali).
the only cars i have are the ones listed, thats my hachi on advans in front of the silvia and my DD talon.
its funny you have those shallens b/c i was going to get the same ones with similar widths/offsets from takumiproject(thats why i asked) but i found some 18x8/9 +0 Works that i have neer seen before so i snagged those up.
Old 01-04-08, 10:08 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Dutch
UCF20I and II have brake clearance issues, 1st gens can get away with running S-Low disk fronts, 2nd gens generally need hi-disk fronts (there are certain companies that make mid-disk that will clear) but can run S-Low rears.
Old 01-04-08, 10:17 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

ahh i had it mixed up. but its weird i had some 20's laying around so i test fitted them on the car (+35 offset) and i wouldve had to run a small spacer to make them work.
Old 01-05-08, 04:05 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

lookin good, once u drop it on coilovers you should be flush. That's how my q45 looked when on stock height with my wheels.
Old 01-05-08, 04:08 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

I say wait till he's done lowering it on coilovers, did u really think us VIP guys would be rolling around with wheels sticking out like that ?

It's all about getting that final fitment when dropped, it's about getting that "drop on steroids" look. It's not just about dropping a car with some aftermarket wheels, it's about how the wheels fit once it is slammed.

Originally Posted by reggiek

Nice wheels!
Old 01-05-08, 09:01 PM
mista808
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great!

imo, the fronts will fit, you may want to trim the inner lip cuz it will rub. im running 19x9.5 +12 with a 225/35 w/ the inner lip trimmed and doesnt rub much.... much.... may want to be carefull turning up driveways cuz itll rub hard.... in the rear, camber it and all youll have to do to the quarter panel lip is roll it flat, along with rolling it flat itll pull it out a bit as well.. i got a friend that as a 19x10 +15 in the rear, he cambered and rolled the lip flat and it doesnt rub...

friends car

my car

Quick Reply: AME Shallen test fit pt.2