LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How Much Attention Does Your Ls Get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-08, 01:56 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive found my ride receives alot of attention. Either from the sidewalk or people riding alongside me. At least once a day someone tries to talk to me about it when im in transit... makes no sense I would be lying out of my *** if I said I didnt enjoy every cold stare, every "WTF?!?!" look, or every drooling face

my favorites though are the ricers, I love just cruising along while they try to get me to race them.. and usually get pulled over in the process.
Old 01-30-08, 02:53 PM
BipCelsior
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandicus
Ive found my ride receives alot of attention. Either from the sidewalk or people riding alongside me. At least once a day someone tries to talk to me about it when im in transit... makes no sense I would be lying out of my *** if I said I didnt enjoy every cold stare, every "WTF?!?!" look, or every drooling face

my favorites though are the ricers, I love just cruising along while they try to get me to race them.. and usually get pulled over in the process.
Look at your car. I would be drooling too What is your car color call? Because my car is the same color but when people ask me what color is it Ionno what to tell them.
Old 01-30-08, 03:50 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

absolutely none. when i drive my buick it gets too much. i get offers from people wanting to buy it, thumbs ups, and "nice car man!" daily... people always speeding up and slowing down in traffic to get a look at it.

the ls is like i'm invisible. i've gotten maybe ten compliments since i've had it. mainly cause 99% of 1st gen LS around here are completely trashed out... paint fading/peeling, purple bubbly window tint, never washed, broken power antennas, and most of all horrible ugly ****ing chrome wheels.
Old 01-30-08, 04:35 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turbosix
absolutely none. when i drive my buick it gets too much. i get offers from people wanting to buy it, thumbs ups, and "nice car man!" daily... people always speeding up and slowing down in traffic to get a look at it.

the ls is like i'm invisible. i've gotten maybe ten compliments since i've had it. mainly cause 99% of 1st gen LS around here are completely trashed out... paint fading/peeling, purple bubbly window tint, never washed, broken power antennas, and most of all horrible ugly ****ing chrome wheels.
You have to live in a place where the LS400 in uncommon. In my state I get looks all the time and people still think its new because you rarely see the GS, LS, LX, or SC. The ES RX and GX are seen every other car though.
Old 01-30-08, 05:52 PM
92UCF10R
6th Gear

I'm basically invisible, which I love. I drive a first gen LS, completely standard. I got sick of driving an r33 around with it's loud, droney exhaust system so this quiet LS makes a very, very nice change.
Old 02-01-08, 04:56 PM
turbosix
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
You have to live in a place where the LS400 in uncommon. In my state I get looks all the time and people still think its new because you rarely see the GS, LS, LX, or SC. The ES RX and GX are seen every other car though.
LS are everywhere around here now.... but like i said all the 1st gens are trashed out and look like ****. i did see a lowered black/grey 1st gen with 18s on the way home yesterday though, strange.... played a little keep-up for a bit until traffic showed up.
Old 02-04-08, 02:58 PM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

none all stock. I like it that way. I bought it for the ride and reliability not for people looking at me.

Sure beats my daily 1990 accord
Old 02-05-08, 08:00 AM
Patrickb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 19psi
i pretty much break necks with mine. people have no idea what it first of all, with toyota badges on it, adn being on the ground with my old wide big lip wheels, people couldn't stop staring. theyve never seen a vip car before around here and not one other person in louisville has one.

i dont seem to get any looks . i often wonder if most ppl think its just a camry..
Old 02-05-08, 08:56 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrickb
i dont seem to get any looks . i often wonder if most ppl think its just a camry..
is yours tucking tire on 4" lip wheels?
Old 02-05-08, 09:00 AM
Patrickb
Driver School Candidate

is yours tucking tire on 4" lip wheels?
nope, not really my thing. I may get the chrome lexus wheels though.
Old 02-05-08, 11:12 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

well, that's why! people dont notice anything around here otherwise.
Old 02-05-08, 12:28 PM
Patrickb
Driver School Candidate

well, that's why! people dont notice anything around here otherwise.
i am not sure if you remember. i was a mod on Louisvillestreets back when you had the white dsm and where a server at ruby tuesday then years later got some seats from me and we took a ride in the turbo mirage.
Old 02-05-08, 01:09 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

holy **** man! i remember that. didn't blevins buy that mirage? i have a colt in my driveway now that i'm swapping a 4g63 into.
Old 02-05-08, 01:20 PM
Patrickb
Driver School Candidate

holy **** man! i remember that. didn't blevins buy that mirage? i have a colt in my driveway now that i'm swapping a 4g63 into.
yup he baught it and it ran a 8.2@93mph the next weekend on street tires.
Old 02-05-08, 01:23 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Patrickb
yup he baught it and it ran a 8.2@93mph the next weekend on street tires.
il pop in and assume that this is an 1/8 mi. track

Quick Reply: How Much Attention Does Your Ls Get?