LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

TRAC light on and off...need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-08, 09:33 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAC light on and off...need advice!

Fellow CL members, I need some advice regarding my sporadic "TRAC" light. I've searched the forums and there are lots of "TRAC light" threads, but they are all different. The problem am having is obviously the light coming on and off. It's been happening for a few weeks now with no effect to the performance of the car. Well, actually last week the car did hesitate a lot when the light came on. I kept on driving it and the hesitation went away. Also, if I turn the car off it will go away, but the light will come back on after a few minutes, sometimes it doesn't come on at all. I've read some people bleed the system, change trac ecu, oxygen sensor, etc... I honestly haven't had any time at all to work on my cars and the weather doesn't help either (too cold for me), so I'm thinking whether or not to pay $59 at the dealership for a diagnosis. This will enable me to fix the problem right away without having to do things unnecessarily. Maybe I'm been lazy, but this is my predicament. Please advice whether or not this is the best course of action.

Again, lately I just haven't had the time to mess with my cars. I took my SC to the dealership to get a misfiring diagnosis done. I couldn't pull the code (the light kept blinking forever) and I had people saying it was this and that. It ended up being a bad ecu. I bought one and problem solved! So that's why am thinking about taking the LS to the stealership as well...want to nip it on the butt.

Any how, thanks for taking the time to read this and if you can help me make a wise decision, post on!
Old 02-06-08, 10:00 PM
zokustyle
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does the light just come on and off?

or are there specific times or situations that the liight will go on and off?
Old 02-06-08, 10:29 PM
LS4forME
Driver School Candidate

When the trac light turns on? Does the engine light turn on too?

Cause I have the same problem but the engine light turns on too. No performance is taken away from the car though. Eventually, it will go away by its self.
Old 02-06-08, 10:30 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

mmmm....the light comes on and off (trac light). What I mean by that is when it comes on, it will stay on. Sometimes it will go away, sometimes it won't. Once I turn the car off and turn it back on later, or immediately, the light will be gone...but will come back in a while or it may not. It's sporadic!

No engine light at all!!! Thank God!

Last edited by JDMCelsior; 02-06-08 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-06-08, 10:51 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Could it be a stuck cable/throttle plate? Maybe the TPS or TRAC TPS are faulty?
Old 02-06-08, 10:54 PM
JDMCelsior
Lead Lap

that's what I don't know...it could be a number of things. I do however, been considering cleaning up my throttle body. I just need to buy the gasket and start doing it one of this weekends. But yeah, I've taught about it been the throttle plate. If I do clean it sometime in the near future and the trac light goeas away, I will definitely post the results. We'll see....
Old 02-07-08, 04:35 AM
nolyaw
Driver School Candidate

read the code. go to lexls.com, to find out how. its very simple. I believe its under the 'introduction' section.