LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Seatbelt Retractors

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-08, 04:40 PM
dashan
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nosechunks
NEO: the key work is "should" be covered under lifetime warranty. A seatbelt that is too slack to operate is the same as brakes too worn out to stop the car resulting in an accident.

I can see an argument for either direction, im going to see what i can do.

Not to mention they said there only available in black so unless then can special make brown ones for my car i might have to go after market.

Cust support im guessing could be reached here: Phone: 1-800-255-3987

Number found at this address http://www.lexus.com/contact/
Record everything while you are talking with them. Tell them you are doing so just in case something wrong happens in the future and a lawsuit is needed.

Last edited by dashan; 02-24-08 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-24-08, 04:41 PM
Sixdown
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There have been many cases where Lexus corp is willing to replace the seatbelts for free if you first get a quote and then lightly persuade the corp support to pay for it. I have yet to do it, but these are the results I have read about.
Old 03-10-08, 12:44 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I called Lexus customer service a few weeks ago and they agreed to pay for the parts to replace both my front seatbelts. The local dealership called me today to tell me the parts have arrived and I made an appointment for tomorrow to have them installed. I was hoping they would "forget" to add the labor costs, which Lexus said they would not cover (I tried asking and they said with some attitude "What do you want us to do about it? Your car has 170000 miles.") but the guy who called reiterated I would be charged for it. However, a user on this forum reported not being charged after being told he would.
The only downsides: they ONLY have black seatbelts available, and I am probably going to be charged $300 labor. Not a bad deal though.
Old 03-10-08, 12:47 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sixdown
There have been many cases where Lexus corp is willing to replace the seatbelts for free if you first get a quote and then lightly persuade the corp support to pay for it. I have yet to do it, but these are the results I have read about.
Remember when you call to stress that you are worried about the safety of the car because the seatbelts are not working.
Old 03-10-08, 12:53 PM
dashan
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rsg
I called Lexus customer service a few weeks ago and they agreed to pay for the parts to replace both my front seatbelts. The local dealership called me today to tell me the parts have arrived and I made an appointment for tomorrow to have them installed. I was hoping they would "forget" to add the labor costs, which Lexus said they would not cover (I tried asking and they said with some attitude "What do you want us to do about it? Your car has 170000 miles.") but the guy who called reiterated I would be charged for it. However, a user on this forum reported not being charged after being told he would.
The only downsides: they ONLY have black seatbelts available, and I am probably going to be charged $300 labor. Not a bad deal though.
No, you should not be charged with any "LABOR" because the stealer will get it from the L corp. under the "Warranty". You should talk to the L corp again to clarify the labor charge problem.

Also report to the L corp. the attitude received from the stealer guy and make the GM of stealershiit be aware of it.
Old 03-11-08, 10:15 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dashan
No, you should not be charged with any "LABOR" because the stealer will get it from the L corp. under the "Warranty". You should talk to the L corp again to clarify the labor charge problem.

Also report to the L corp. the attitude received from the stealer guy and make the GM of stealershiit be aware of it.
Lexus Customer Service are the ones who said they wouldn't cover labor. I got them replaced today for $240 total (asked for the 20% discount that I was offered when I got the quote before the dealership knew I would get Lexus to cover the parts).
I was surprised when the guy doing the paperwork asked me how I got Lexus to cover the seatbelts since the belts in his SC are going bad.