LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-12, 09:15 AM
Kaiyin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepywgn
DA DA DAMNNN!!! We arent messing around anymore! What set up are you gonna run?
it's going to be all custom; aero-sport bags w/Bilstein struts, 2 Viair 380s, 3 3-gallon tanks, and Easystreet digital auto-pilot management.
Old 06-17-12, 02:58 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaiyin
it's going to be all custom; aero-sport bags w/Bilstein struts, 2 Viair 380s, 3 3-gallon tanks, and Easystreet digital auto-pilot management.
2 things,

1-did you confirm the bilsteins fit into the aerosports, don't believe they do and you you can't set them up to drive low properly as the ride will be crap compared to anyone running a coilover/air spring setup.
2-why easy street over the now ubiquitous accu-air?
Old 06-17-12, 04:18 PM
Jin3198
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mugenman08
Jin What color are you going to finish the centers in?
I haven't fully decided yet, but I have narrowed it down, I'm either gonna do full polish or redo them black, but with crazy flake. My friend has alot of flakes left over from painting his car from back in the day and he said I can have the rest of the can.

I'm waiting for him to do a sample for me to see what it would look like, so once I see it, I'll decide then.
Old 06-17-12, 04:51 PM
Kaiyin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
2 things,

1-did you confirm the bilsteins fit into the aerosports, don't believe they do and you you can't set them up to drive low properly as the ride will be crap compared to anyone running a coilover/air spring setup.
2-why easy street over the now ubiquitous accu-air?
I pulled the Bilsteins straight from a thread here where I read a few people running Bilsteins or KYBs with bags. It will be confirmed though before they ship. I'm not going to spend $1200+ to buy coils just for a strut.

To answer the second part, the Easystreet auto-pilot is still a great, digital management system. The Accuair is a great setup, and I was dead-set on it, but after hearing how tedious it is to install and setup, I'm perfectly happy with the Easystreet for what I want. It still has 3-presets for all up, a preset height, and all down, plus digital readouts for bag pressures, and height control at all corners.
Old 06-17-12, 05:11 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

I pulled the Bilsteins straight from a thread here where I read a few people running Bilsteins or KYBs with bags. It will be confirmed though before they ship. I'm not going to spend $1200+ to buy coils just for a strut.

To answer the second part, the Easystreet auto-pilot is still a great, digital management system. The Accuair is a great setup, and I was dead-set on it, but after hearing how tedious it is to install and setup, I'm perfectly happy with the Easystreet for what I want. It still has 3-presets for all up, a preset height, and all down, plus digital readouts for bag pressures, and height control at all corners.
...so buy some $650 megan EZ street.....?
Old 06-17-12, 08:51 PM
TEN29FD
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default New member here....97 Lexus LS400

Hey all, new to this forum. Was an acura fanboy before I got my LS. Here are a few pics of my car. First thing I did once I got her was black out all rear emblems. Shortly after was the window tint and the oem is350 wheel swap. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0403.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0402.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-imag0404.jpg  
Old 06-18-12, 10:05 AM
timmy0tool

Received 421 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by TEN29FD
Hey all, new to this forum. Was an acura fanboy before I got my LS. Here are a few pics of my car. First thing I did once I got her was black out all rear emblems. Shortly after was the window tint and the oem is350 wheel swap. Let me know what you guys think.
i think it looks great! welcome and what did you use to black out the emblems? plastidip?

looks like a good setup. do you plan on putting all that in the spare well? i also agree with PD on the air setup. coils make it easier to dial in and they are known to fit aerosports. what i suggest if you continue with the bilstein route is to be sure to have the correct length bag bracket. just specify from UAS what shocks you are running and they can custom make a bracket to fit your application.
Old 06-18-12, 10:43 AM
TEN29FD
Driver School Candidate

Yes sir I used plastidip.

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
i think it looks great! welcome and what did you use to black out the emblems? plastidip?

looks like a good setup. do you plan on putting all that in the spare well? i also agree with PD on the air setup. coils make it easier to dial in and they are known to fit aerosports. what i suggest if you continue with the bilstein route is to be sure to have the correct length bag bracket. just specify from UAS what shocks you are running and they can custom make a bracket to fit your application.
Old 06-18-12, 12:15 PM
Kaiyin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
...so buy some $650 megan EZ street.....?
I was hoping to avoid buying coilovers just to canabilize them for shocks. May have to though

Originally Posted by timmy0tool
thanks, I'll give a call over to UAS and let them know about what shock I am planning to use. The shop that I bought the compressor/tank/management setup from has a lot of experience in air, but it's all VW/Audi. They're expanding and using my LS as a test-bed of sorts. I've also been friends with the owner and shop manager for years and they love my car, haha.

For mounting, planning on gutting the trunk and making a false floor with some cut-outs so the tanks and compressors are visible. That way I'll still have a bit of usable trunk space
Old 06-18-12, 01:45 PM
SpencerT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great and alot like mine.

So when are you going to lower her..? haha
Old 06-18-12, 02:37 PM
TEN29FD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpencerT
Looks great and alot like mine.

So when are you going to lower her..? haha
lol!! Im still debating on that....she is currently at the shop. She was making a weird noise similar to a supercharge whine.
Old 06-18-12, 02:58 PM
/209JOHN\
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol!! Im still debating on that....she is currently at the shop. She was making a weird noise similar to a supercharge whine.
Sounds like my car when I first got it. There was air in the powersteering system. I changed out a leaking hose and it went away. However, I still got a small leak somewhere on the pump. :-/
Old 06-18-12, 03:18 PM
SpencerT
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yikes. that would be first on my list too.
Your car does look clean though.
And I love the is350 wheel swap that we both have.
It just creates that awkwardly large fender gap.

What tire size do you have?
I have before and after pics of the tanabe springs and the is350 wheels if you want to see.
Old 06-18-12, 04:50 PM
TEN29FD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by /209JOHN\
Sounds like my car when I first got it. There was air in the powersteering system. I changed out a leaking hose and it went away. However, I still got a small leak somewhere on the pump. :-/
Hmmm, at first i thought it was the ps system after searching on the forum. But when i checked my ps fluid level it was good. Dirty as hell and probably due for a flush and refill though lol. And if its power steering related shouldnt i be feeling some steering difficulty? My pops and i are speculating its either some belt/pulley causing the strange noise. Guess we'll see...and hopefully it isnt going to cost me all my milk money.
Old 06-18-12, 06:51 PM
TEN29FD
Driver School Candidate

Yeah bro i would love to see how the car would look lowered on the is wheels. My main concern is how much of the smoothness and comfort i would lose with a drop. And the wheels i bought came staggered. The rears are pretty fat...275 rears. Lol!

Originally Posted by SpencerT
yikes. that would be first on my list too.
Your car does look clean though.
And I love the is350 wheel swap that we both have.
It just creates that awkwardly large fender gap.

What tire size do you have?
I have before and after pics of the tanabe springs and the is350 wheels if you want to see.

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)