LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 02:12 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you'll probably be glad my original wheels didn't work out:

to everyone else they're just some old school wheels. but the guys from texas know what's up. commonly found in knock-off form on 9/10 hood rides. i was gonna try to make it work though with some authentic brabus with sick fitment and stance.

just for the record, i'm a vip fanatic but don't really consider my builds "vip". i just kinda do my own thing.
Old 08-24-09, 06:21 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cool - I hear ya on the VIP thing - I am same same.
Old 08-24-09, 07:04 PM
dantampa
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's mine: flickr photo set
Old 08-25-09, 07:01 PM
sexul29
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Timmy22
This is mine as it sits today, its stock height so dont bash to hard. Coilovers coming soon!

nice ride are you running spacers?
Old 08-31-09, 02:15 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by farquad
that jetta headlight retrofit is so sexy
i wonder if there's something i can retrofit for the 1LS
well, here's a recent pic a buddy of mine took, it still needs to get lowered in the front a bit more.. make use of the megans
i like what youve done here farquad really cool i think if u lower it anymore its gonna start looking bad, keep it like it is
Old 08-31-09, 04:07 PM
Mugen_1
Instructor

Dude, we get that you don't like lowered cars.

But his ride has a long way to go before it's "slammed," which in your case, slammed = ugly. And I highly doubt slamming it is his intention.

I understand the concept of "to each his own," and realize that (constructive) feedback from others helps members make decisions, feel good about their work, etc.

But so far the only posts I've seen you make all say essentially the same thing: "looks good, don't lower it."

It's fine to offer your opinions on others' rides, but when it's the same comment over and over, it tends to lose value.

Just my $0.02
Old 08-31-09, 04:37 PM
Lanson
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

IMO if you are going to say the same thing every time, why not just put it in your signature so we all "get" what you are saying?

BTW, Lexus lowers their car. Go look at an air-ride equipped LS400 for example, you will likely see a button that lets the owner do just that. A lower car gets through the air better, and has better handling. Too much? Most of the guys you see that are "slammed" are actually on air, and that is their parked position, not driving position. There are of course those that ride, park, and pretty much do everything else in their car as low as possible. Not my thing either since it impedes drivability, but its always the owner's call.
Old 08-31-09, 05:52 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mugen_1
Dude, we get that you don't like lowered cars.

But his ride has a long way to go before it's "slammed," which in your case, slammed = ugly. And I highly doubt slamming it is his intention.

I understand the concept of "to each his own," and realize that (constructive) feedback from others helps members make decisions, feel good about their work, etc.

But so far the only posts I've seen you make all say essentially the same thing: "looks good, don't lower it."

It's fine to offer your opinions on others' rides, but when it's the same comment over and over, it tends to lose value.

Just my $0.02
mugen this guy posted his awesome car and im more than entitled to give him my advice he shoudnt be deprived from my advice just because you dont wanna read it ,so basically i wont give you any advice coz you dont want it ,but what i say to others doesnt really concern u
Old 08-31-09, 05:57 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fourthmeal
IMO if you are going to say the same thing every time, why not just put it in your signature so we all "get" what you are saying?

BTW, Lexus lowers their car. Go look at an air-ride equipped LS400 for example, you will likely see a button that lets the owner do just that. A lower car gets through the air better, and has better handling. Too much? Most of the guys you see that are "slammed" are actually on air, and that is their parked position, not driving position. There are of course those that ride, park, and pretty much do everything else in their car as low as possible. Not my thing either since it impedes drivability, but its always the owner's call.
i dont have a prejudice about it whatsoever his car looks lowered more than mine and its looking nice anymore its gonna look worse rather than better. i dont mean to say it a lot but i feel like SOME certain pepole r trying to bully me outta not saying it even if i want too ,so that kinda makes me wanna say it even more
Old 08-31-09, 06:06 PM
I'mStock
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LSprideLS
i dont mean to say it a lot but i feel like SOME certain pepole r trying to bully me outta not saying it even if i want too ,so that kinda makes me wanna say it even more
That's right, fight the power. Let this be the stand you take in life, I'm with you brother!

HELL NO, WE WON'T GO LOW! Everybody together now, HELL NO, WE WON'T GO LOW!

Old 08-31-09, 06:15 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

new pics from the Liberty VIP BBQ, shoulda took off the NY front plate...

Last edited by LiCelsior; 08-31-09 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 06:23 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Lookin' awesome Li
Old 08-31-09, 06:34 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thanks A, now i need to go lower in the front...damn.
Old 08-31-09, 06:36 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lovin her booty joeman
Old 08-31-09, 06:37 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to contributors who have posted pictures in this thread!

To the commenters, let's please keep the discussion to the cars and pictures, and not to posters.

Please consider the feelings of the photo posters/owners before you make negative comments. If you wish to provide some constructive criticism, you can do so, but again I ask all to please do so tactfully. And it's not necessary to keep repeating the same critiques over and over.

Thanks all for your cooperation.

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)