LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

couple pics of my car at a small local meet...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-08 | 05:20 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Nice rides! Your car looks proper
Old 03-31-08 | 05:59 PM
pitmanr200
Lead Lap

Good looking car! Let me know Next time you all have a meet and I might just bring my Gs4 up there. Also I like the Is with the Louisville cardinal License plate. Die hard Cardinal Fan!! Hard to beleive I bought a Spectra Blue car though. But I love the color Of it.
Old 03-31-08 | 08:32 PM
hobojoe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 19psi
so far so good. they still ride great and i still have room to go down more if i could but with 19's that's about as low as i can get and still drive.

lol, when i pulled up, everyone crowded around my car like it was a celebrity or something and it's the oldest one there!
PSI do you have any trouble with rubbing with your 19's just trying to get a feel for how low im going to be able to go with mine..
Old 03-31-08 | 08:39 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

The Jap plate is part of the 'VIP' style. If you read up about it you'd understand.

And yes, the car is very good looking. It demands respect obviously. What were the age ranges at the meet? How old are you , if you don't mind?

It is great a Gen I is represented like that , that everyone crowds around it over the Sports Coupe and newer models. -- Way to go
Old 04-01-08 | 04:16 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

the plate is just in keeping with the overall theme of the car, with toyota badges and everything it just makes sense.
Old 04-01-08 | 04:59 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Nice pics. All of the cars are very clean and very well done.
Old 04-01-08 | 06:08 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Good pics. I wish the market for the LS400 was alot bigger.
Old 04-01-08 | 06:37 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pitmanr200
Good looking car! Let me know Next time you all have a meet and I might just bring my Gs4 up there. Also I like the Is with the Louisville cardinal License plate. Die hard Cardinal Fan!! Hard to beleive I bought a Spectra Blue car though. But I love the color Of it.
thanks. i will let you know, we're already planning another one. youcan keep up with the progress on www.502streetscene.net

Originally Posted by hobojoe
PSI do you have any trouble with rubbing with your 19's just trying to get a feel for how low im going to be able to go with mine..
well, rubbing is more a matter of offset and tire size. my fronts rub when i tturn the wheels sharply, but it's damn low in teh front with a pretty aggressive offset for someone not on air.
the rear s don't rub right now because my spacers aren't on there. now, the rear won't rub with the spacers if i had the right size tire. i have a 245 40 19 which is just too tall and not stretched. my fronts are 235 35 and i put one in the back as a test and they dont' rub at all with spacers installed.

Originally Posted by Neofate
The Jap plate is part of the 'VIP' style. If you read up about it you'd understand.

And yes, the car is very good looking. It demands respect obviously. What were the age ranges at the meet? How old are you , if you don't mind?

It is great a Gen I is represented like that , that everyone crowds around it over the Sports Coupe and newer models. -- Way to go
we range from about 20 to mid 30's. the guy with the red IS is about 20, that's his dd, he also has a s14 with an RB25 in it. i'm 33. a vip car was my attempt to get out of spending tons of money on cars and be more responsible, since all i had before were fast cars that i sunk tons of money into, that always ended up not being fast enough. you know how it goes...
unfortunately, i still end up working on a lot of turbo cars on the side, including my wife's WRX, so i still have the speed bug, hence the talon i'm rebuilding.
Old 04-02-08 | 12:32 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

I hear you.

If you've got the car bug, it will never fully go away.

Be great to turn your engine tuning into a profitable business, but then you run a fine line of ruining a passion. Just keep doing enough to appease everyone and you'll stay on the right track

They are never fast enough because its the work, the building, the PITA problems and fixes that you, we, enjoy -- Not the finished product.

When its really, REALLY, done. Drive it down the track and then sell it.. lol. Start the next one.
Old 04-02-08 | 05:21 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

you are absolutely 100% correct. i got into working on cars because that's what i like to do, but i'm at the point now where i dont' like doing it as much because i have to do it everyday as a job.

you're also right about the building and restoring being teh fun part. most people dont' get that at all. teh best part about a new car is when you first get it and havea ll these plans mapped out and you start buying parts and researching and building. the worst part is when it's all done; either sell it or tear it all back apart and build it again on a different path.
i've done that build it and sell it thing too many times, i'm trying to make myself stick with something and enjoy the finished product for a while, it's less stressful! i'm getting too old to be working in the garage until midnight and then getting up at 6 and going to work...
Old 04-02-08 | 06:52 AM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 10,000

You can't trick yourself bud.

Your 33, too old to work in the garage till midnight? Pfft -- Your still a young buck. Barely out of your 20's,.. you might feel old, but wait till your in your late 40's early 50's.. Then maybe you can use that excuse -- I'm in my late 20's, but I laugh when people say they are old, and mean it, before they are 40.

Anyhow -- You can make yourself stick with something, but will you be happy? Will you scratch that itch that needs?

Just scale back if it is tiresome now. Slow down. Put a curfew on it. Go inside at 10:30pm instead of 12. Allow yourself another few months for completion.. you don't have to put a super rush on everything. You've got your beautiful LS to get you around.

I assume your a mechanic?
Old 07-15-08 | 06:48 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

What setting are you running your Megan coilovers on?
Old 07-15-08 | 06:55 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Neofate
i'm sure you mean no harm but Jap is a racial slur man...

FYI, you have the wrong plate. Celsior/LS in Japan will have a 3x number and not a 57.
5x/7x number = narrower car, cheaper taxes
3x = bigger car, more taxes... used to be seen as a status thing in japan in the early 90s.
Old 07-15-08 | 06:59 AM
dacecil
Rookie

19 PSI, what color is your car? I have a 93 LS in Flint Gray with Dark Gray cladding. Still trying to figure out how to make that combo look good. I've polished, waxed, etc, but it still just looks like an old tired car.

Dale
Old 07-15-08 | 07:15 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ryanSC300lover
What setting are you running your Megan coilovers on?
see your other thread....

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
i'm sure you mean no harm but Jap is a racial slur man...

FYI, you have the wrong plate. Celsior/LS in Japan will have a 3x number and not a 57.
5x/7x number = narrower car, cheaper taxes
3x = bigger car, more taxes... used to be seen as a status thing in japan in the early 90s.
really! i didnt' have any choice in the matter, my main goal was to get a black plate with teh glowing numbers. good info though.
Originally Posted by dacecil
19 PSI, what color is your car? I have a 93 LS in Flint Gray with Dark Gray cladding. Still trying to figure out how to make that combo look good. I've polished, waxed, etc, but it still just looks like an old tired car.

Dale
it's a dark metallic green. i will soon be painting it a matte burgundy pearl.

Quick Reply: couple pics of my car at a small local meet...