LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New Member : AsiaHiTopic - '93 UCF11

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09 | 05:38 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

at the height youll be driving i wouldnt worry about fender mods with these wheels. Though imo your fronts will fit better and that might look kinda weird with the rear alittle sunk.

and btw i said your outer tails, I know your inners have to stay but that doesnt mean you cant go clear/red
Old 09-20-09 | 06:49 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

nice pick up on the wheels. i noticed them missing from rb last night. good to see them going to a nice build.
Old 09-21-09 | 07:29 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

@Brandicus: Indeed, but I don't like the clear rear lights, sorry . Red outs would be cool though, yeah

at the moment the rears are more sunk too, like on most cars. Maybe use a spacer, and do on both front and rear some body modification (I really like these wheels :P). I will decide when the wheels are on. thanks for the advice so far!

@BLKonBLK98: Yeah I've snatched them . In my opinion these rims are for a Lexus what AC Schnitzer is too a BMW or Brabus too a Benz... So it's still OEM somewhere (Notice a slight change of mind )
Old 10-11-09 | 09:08 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Today I took the steering wheel and shifter out of the car. They are getting a new wrap this week I was sick and tired of grabbing a dirty and sticky car

Removing the shifter required some more effort than I thought, Due to the O/D wire...

Some crappy cell phone pictures, forgot my camera

Almost all the paint is gone

I have also bought the wheels Akxx (David) had for sale :

Last edited by Asia-H.T.; 10-11-09 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-11-09 | 09:59 AM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

damn and u got the Walds??? nicee.
Old 10-11-09 | 10:23 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Yes ... I've bought 19 wheels this year already, if I'm correct LOL

-5x 18" LS430 wheels
-6x 20" Boss 338 Wheels (truck)
-4x 19" Wald Duchatelet
-4x 19" AME Shallen LX
Old 10-22-09 | 01:36 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Picked up my newly re-upholstered steering wheel and shifter. Colour is slightly different, but not shocking. I'm going to mount the parts back tomorrow and posts some more pictures to show how it blends with the rest of the interior. Here are some pictures of the parts:

Old 10-22-09 | 01:51 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

lovin it! i think the stitching could be done a little better though.
Old 10-23-09 | 08:28 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Thanks Joe, I feel you. But it's better than what I was holding before . next steering wheel and shifter will be send to www.american-stitches.com

I think they have more experience with Lexus steering wheels

BTW; did you receive my PM with a link to the photo's? I have fellow LS400 driver who bought a better one. He's parting his former one out. Maybe his part is undamaged. I will ask him if you'd like. I did him a favor a while back
Old 10-31-09 | 02:28 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

I've bought a pile of Lexus LS parts a few weeks ago. Among it was a well preserved blue leather interior

My drivers seat has a nice tear in it as you can see on this picture:

Unrepairable since it's torn, and a newly re-upholstered interior will cost €€€€ which I rather spend on wheels

So that's where my newly acquired $200,- interior comes in handy... offcourse it has some wear too, but it's still repairable. nothing torn. What I'm going to do:

-Take the leather of the front seats and wrap it on my current seat frames. Why? the passenger seat of this '92 interior is missing the adjustable lumbar support, which my '93 has. And some fat bastard gave the driver's seat back a nice swing (see the pictures below) + the foam on the seat back of the driver's seat has been 'crushed' on a corner, so it doesn't give enough support anymore
-The leather I'm taking of am I going to restore, so it will be decent looking.. like it only has about 100K miles on it.

pictures of the 'new' interior, take note; it's all very dirty:

You can see on the above picture it had that gangster lean

Someone tried hammering the socket with a screwdriver ... now, we all know that didn't work LOL

The seat back, no major damage I can't repair

Taking the leather of the foam

Above you can see it's a little out of shape.

Take a good look at this frame :

Old 10-31-09 | 02:29 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Taking of the cushion too, I don't trust the frame, some wires were stripped, probably for some measuring. So must likely it has an defect.

Ready for some heavy duty cleaning

The remains of a morning chair destruction

Currently I'm waiting for the neccasery materials to arrive. Meanwhile; today I've been busy with the headrest, here is a preview what it should look like:

I bought a set of Alpine TME-M780's It's 7", so it's quite big for a Lexus headrest. 5.8" was way too small for me
So I did some extensive cutting on the plastic what's behind the foam in order to let it sink in some more:

I'm going to do some more cutting/sawing tommorow until I have a flush fit on the lower corners of the screen also
Old 10-31-09 | 07:27 PM
LiCelsior
Retired
CL Folding 500000

excellent work J.
Old 10-31-09 | 08:56 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

omg sooo many pictures lol. good work, cant wait for the finished product
Old 11-01-09 | 01:02 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

@LiCelsior: Thanks Joe, I'm going to give the headrest another tear today, so it will be a better fit.

@Li LS4: Yeah, I like to describe things well
Old 11-20-09 | 10:03 AM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Yesterday I mounted the wheels I bought from Akxx. Yes, I know it has to be lowered a bit more, but they're off again at the moment because I'm having some tire issues. But you get the idea:

Next time there will be some bigger tires on them, there is too much difference with my current diameter. They came of an 90-92 LS400 which has smaller wheels. Until then I'm running the LS430's

Quick Reply: New Member : AsiaHiTopic - '93 UCF11