LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

lowered / put wheels on this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 10:52 PM
geoffls400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres some more pics...

Old 10-22-08, 10:55 PM
geoffls400
Driver School Candidate

ill have some pics up soon of the 15mm spacers on the rear, i decided not to put the 6mm spacers up front because the stock studs are to short....if anyone wants to recomend me a place to get extended studs that would be awsome
Old 10-22-08, 11:15 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn your car is dumped. lovin the rims!
Old 10-23-08, 12:48 AM
Dv8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kaydee
your car should be impounded for looking that good
Yes, to my garage

Beautiful car good sir. I like the wheels. A lot.
Old 10-23-08, 08:04 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Still stand firm,, loving how clean this car is. Where are you located in Va? You should drop down to the Neloc forum and introcuce yourself. We have alot of locals in the area and you should come out. There is gonna be a meet in the Great Falls area next month on the 15th.
Old 10-23-08, 08:25 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by geoffls400

i dont know.... i mean please inform what i did wrong, i put the longer two coil overs in the rear. threaded the lower castings all the way snug with the shock body so there as low as they can go, then made sure there wasnt any pre-load on the spings, "springs are almost loose enough to spin by hand" then tightend the collars.

the only way i see to make the rear sit lower would be to loosen the collars an let the springs droop down witch would cause the shock to be pre-loaded an take away from ride comfort.
I didn't say you did anything wrong. I just have the same coilovers, and I have the SSR Vienna in 19s on my car. My rear is more dumped than yours. People on this site has seen my car in person and there are pics of it as well.

I can lower it in the back significantly more.

Either way, it looks good. I did the clear front signal/parking on the bumper, and it really cleaned it up. Fully polished isn't my thing, my lips are polished and thats good enough for me.

Nice to see more hooked up 2LS. Keep up on the maint, and the car will give you lots of reliable miles.

Good luck.
Old 10-24-08, 07:07 AM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to hijack your thread but I am curious if Geof or Ryan have camber issues with your low setup? Mine is not as low and I had to modify the camber parts. I have another thread going if you want to reply there "inner tire wear".
Old 10-24-08, 07:26 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by steveski
Not to hijack your thread but I am curious if Geof or Ryan have camber issues with your low setup? Mine is not as low and I had to modify the camber parts. I have another thread going if you want to reply there "inner tire wear".
Here is the answer to your question in my original build thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=73

BTW brotha I will be in houston Nov For Thanksgiving Thurs-Sunday.
Old 10-24-08, 07:55 AM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Thanks Ryan. If you have time when you are here for a pint or two shoot me a PM If you will be in Sugarland there is a place called BJ's that serves their own microbrew
Old 10-24-08, 07:59 AM
Mugen_1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That's awesome!

I'm planning on getting Megans sometime in the spring (once I've saved up) for my '97, which is the same color combo ha.

I've noticed a lot of people are starting to put the Megans on, so it's nice to have all the reviews/complaints/praises for them so I know what I'm getting myself into.
Old 10-24-08, 08:00 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Thanks Ryan. If you have time when you are here for a pint or two shoot me a PM If you will be in Sugarland there is a place called BJ's that serves their own microbrew
You are welcome! Yup I will be in Sugarland the whole time. Was going to drive down, but last minute ended up flying.
Old 10-24-08, 08:01 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mugen_1
Wow! That's awesome!

I'm planning on getting Megans sometime in the spring (once I've saved up) for my '97, which is the same color combo ha.

I've noticed a lot of people are starting to put the Megans on, so it's nice to have all the reviews/complaints/praises for them so I know what I'm getting myself into.
My car is in STL, MO right now, so not far from you (depending on where in IL you are). I am happy with the Megan SO FAR. I will have a more thorough review after a year.

I have always run Tein on all my other cars, so this is a new brand for me.
Old 10-24-08, 10:06 PM
geoffls400
Driver School Candidate

im running -3 in the back and -2.5degrees in the front, the adjustments have a little more room to play with but im not worryed about fixing the camber... as long as you have your toe right your will get a decent amount of life from your tires.
Old 10-24-08, 10:19 PM
geoffls400
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by trukn1
Still stand firm,, loving how clean this car is. Where are you located in Va? You should drop down to the Neloc forum and introcuce yourself. We have alot of locals in the area and you should come out. There is gonna be a meet in the Great Falls area next month on the 15th.
im in virgina beach, i might headup to that meet month, seems like it going to be big
Old 10-25-08, 09:00 AM
Lexozz
Lead Lap

Damn dude what the hell are you doing? Your LS looks so freakin' good, the drop paint job, everything else priceless!

Quick Reply: lowered / put wheels on this weekend