LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

trac code 19

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-08, 08:47 AM
jcolegrove
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trac code 19

there doesn't seem to be any answers when i search for the 'trac' light and code 19, so here goes again.... i have this situation above- light comes on after driving a few minutes. code says accumulator pump is cycling too often. there are no fluid leaks and fluid level is steady, as it has been for months. thoughts?...
Old 10-24-08, 03:58 PM
Christian
Pole Position

Hello,

bleed the Trac system. In case it does not work change the accumulator.

Chris
Old 10-26-08, 11:28 AM
jcolegrove
Driver

that was my first guess, too and i have the FSM. question, though-- it says to 'run the trac pump'. how does one do that? does just turning on the car start the pump? is there a way to run it? FSM makes no mention... thanks.
Old 10-27-08, 05:22 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

oh man, im gonna apologize for jacking your thread but i need to ask this question
does anyone know what pump it is near the air filter.. (front passenger side near the headlight) is it the abs pump or the trac pump.. because in my car it seems to be constantly running and eventually draining the battery (even when the car is off) i decided to unscrew the wire to the fuse so it stopped running but before i did that the abs off and trac off lights were on and the pump would be running constantly.. anyone know what the problem could be?
thank you
Old 12-27-08, 09:36 AM
Lexushead
Driver

jcolegrove, have you fix the problem yet? Please report back. Thanks

I have code 19, 45, and 51.

Last edited by Lexushead; 12-27-08 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-31-08, 02:55 PM
Lexushead
Driver

Still got the same problem after Throtle body is cleaned and TPS adjusted twice. The TRAC light comes back after driving around for about 30 miles in slippery, icy roads and dry pavement.
If anyone had theirs resolved, please post back. Thanks
Old 01-01-09, 08:17 AM
jcolegrove
Driver

YES-- here is the answer---

trac pump is cylcing too often b/c there is a leak in the system. i have FSM and it says to check for outside fluid leaks (which there are none)- also the fluid level would go down, which it wasn't. i then bleed the trac pump/accum. to no avail.
so i paid $15 online at an 'ask' cite on the internet to get a lexus trained tech to hazard a guess. his answer was the accumulator leaking, which was the concensus other places. it's about $800 new from stealer, or $170 online from woodfins.com. they sent the wrong part at first, had to send pics, etc.... eventually got the part and just 5 days ago put it on. they actually sent the pump and accumulator together. (pump i another $500 or so). seemed to have fixed the prob., as no light yet. was a 20 min. job.
with that said, when the weather turned cold, the light would not come on. then we had a few warm days in nov and it came back on w/in a few min. of driving.
hope this helps-- change the accumulator and/or pump!
Old 01-01-09, 11:26 AM
Lexushead
Driver

Thanks alot for reporting back.
I've been taking things apart and looking around for leakage but I didn't see any.
Question for you....
I'm about to bleed the TRAC system, I have Mitchell OnDemand5, and it says to "Start engine. Operate TRAC pump motor until all air bubbles have been bled."
How do I operate the motor?

Lots of snow this year. I need this fix as cheap as possible. Thanks again for your help.
Old 01-05-09, 10:06 AM
Lexushead
Driver

Update.
I flushed the accumulator and the actuator until the fluid was clear. I operated the motor by starting the car, turn it off, start it again, and turn it off,...etc. to flush.
Reset the code, took it for a 25 miles drive, light (TRAC) came on again. Dang it. Pressure might need to build up so I reset the code by tapping on the brakes 8-10 times within 3 sec (no Tc -E1 jumper). The light has not come on in the last 100 miles logged. I hope this is the fix. Cross my fingers.
Old 01-08-09, 05:57 AM
jcolegrove
Driver

and my light is back on today.... after couple weeks of no light. don't know if it's same code or not... will report later.... crap!
Old 01-08-09, 06:11 AM
Lexushead
Driver

I hear ya. It's very frustrated. I think this is one of those satisfying fix if you drive on snow and ice alot.
Keep us updated. Mine is still working.
Old 01-20-09, 06:52 AM
Lexushead
Driver

Well, TRAC light came back yesterday. I haven't check the code yet. It might be the same one. Will check later and may do the accumulator & motor swap.
Old 05-25-12, 08:41 PM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I noticed every one has had there code 19 flash if they where driving on slippery roads often. My code 19 started in the middle of summer. I get on it while turning once in a while and try to kick out the tail wich won't ever happen do to my sticky 235 tires. Idk if that has any affect on as to why the code started. Any light on the situation would be great.
Old 05-25-12, 09:01 PM
mikes7ke
Pole Position

OCR, I never had any TRAC codes before removing ABS/TRAC. But kicking the tail/spinning the tires, regardless of TRAC on or off, would never happen. As soon as I removed TRAC, it was as is the car woke up.
Old 05-26-12, 12:07 AM
ocr
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you saying I should just remove the traction system?

Quick Reply: trac code 19