LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

afm/maf

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-08, 06:01 PM
atoyot
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by python
what i posted is not a carb cleaner,as a matter of fact i am at work right now,i have the product in my hand as we speak...nowhere on this label does it say anything about not using it on LEXUS maf sensors,in fact it says it is safe for all maf sensors....
turn off vehicle,do not apply while energized,unplug sensor,remove sensor housing,apply 10-15 sprays onto hot wires or hot plate,do not contact hot wires with straw or any other object....now read that and tell me where the problem lies? with the product or the person doing the work? this would not even be on the shelf if it ruined the sensors, we sell this tuff to auto shops all day...sometimes i dont know why i bother trying to help out...

hey, spray away man.
Old 12-18-08, 06:09 PM
Dereke
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just used an afm cleaner. it too said safe for all afm's and now my **** is shot. but yeah go for it. you obviously know more than everyone else on this forum
Old 12-18-08, 06:32 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

whatever...i get my knowledge first hand, if u messed up ur maf sensor by using the cleaner i posted then its ur fault not the cleaners...plain and simple, take that any way u want to take it
Old 12-18-08, 08:11 PM
Dereke
Rookie

you called the chemical engineer of this product to talk to him about its reactive properties? can you pm me the number. i want to ask him a few things about the melecular chain derived from this particular recipe.

thanks man!
Old 12-18-08, 08:12 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

python go clean your sensor with that spray and see how the car runs 1-3 months later.
Old 12-18-08, 08:36 PM
python
Lexus Champion

i already have....twice 6 months ago! omg...i give up, do u honestly think they are going to have a product go untested by consumer reports and leave it on the shelves to ruin peoples cars and cost them money? honestly....DO YOU!? i am giving u information i know to be fact not speculation...this guy buys a junk yard maf sensor and has it go out, he never even said if the cel came on and what code? and if it did, why did he just go buy a maf sensor? ill bet any amount of money it wasnt the problem to begin with! does this guy even know how to check one using an ohm meter? you know darn well he doesnt, so nothing he has said holds water with me period, and u r taking his word over a person with 30 years car experience that includes, mechanic, service writer and counterman at NAPA.....rotflmao!

Last edited by python; 12-18-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 08:44 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

no one is saying that it doesnt work on ANY car but we're just saying that the LS400 K/V MAF is super sensitive and many LS owners who have used a MAF cleaner has experienced a MAF failure. maybe your the lucky dime in a dozen who didnt have their MAF messed up.
Old 12-18-08, 08:49 PM
python
Lexus Champion

u win....sheesh
Old 12-18-08, 10:20 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

i already have....twice 6 months ago! omg...i give up, do u honestly think they are going to have a product go untested by consumer reports and leave it on the shelves to ruin peoples cars and cost them money? honestly....DO YOU!? i am giving u information i know to be fact not speculation...this guy buys a junk yard maf sensor and has it go out, he never even said if the cel came on and what code? and if it did, why did he just go buy a maf sensor? ill bet any amount of money it wasnt the problem to begin with! does this guy even know how to check one using an ohm meter? you know darn well he doesnt, so nothing he has said holds water with me period, and u r taking his word over a person with 30 years car experience that includes, mechanic, service writer and counterman at NAPA.....rotflmao!
why do you constantly assume that you're verdict is final and should be unquestioned. things don't always work the way they're supposed to and it has been "proven" that people who have used MAF specific cleaners still have their MAF's die.
Old 12-19-08, 04:38 AM
python
Lexus Champion

do u remember products like prolong and others that claimed u could run ur engine with no oil? you remember all those commercials dont you? you know why they are not on anymore? because they have been tested and proven to not work.....products do not sit on the shelves for years and years unless they do what they say they claim to do....that being said, and all the info i gave you, all u have is guys who think they ruined their maf sensors using the cleaner, and im telling u it wasnt the cleaner that ruined it.....it either wasnt used properly or the sensor was bad already, this product i gave a link to states...."use this every time you change your air filter"...if people did this and their maf sensor was good and then it went bad as soon as they used it, dont u think they would have a class action law suit against them? i have used this on my sensor more than once...i didnt use it to get the cel off, i just used it because it was recommended to me by a very reputible shop in novato california thats been in business for years and years....i will however ask around today at work and get more info.....talk to u later
Old 12-19-08, 07:36 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...y-and-maf.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-careful.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...r-and-tps.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/1393828-post13.html
Old 12-19-08, 10:19 AM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Sat & watched as my mechanic read the label & then fired away with this same MRC product.

Was happy days later when I found a replacement AFM & could actually drive my car without having to have the AC on max to sustain idle & drive without constant power stumbling.

it was the only thing that got touched in the engine bay that day so there was no question the cause & effect.

Back to my question What other Toyota products that are more modern use a Karman Vortex meter??

Last edited by damon; 12-20-08 at 02:28 AM.
Old 12-19-08, 03:51 PM
atoyot
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i already have....twice 6 months ago! omg...i give up, do u honestly think they are going to have a product go untested by consumer reports and leave it on the shelves to ruin peoples cars and cost them money? honestly....DO YOU!?
OMG... have u ever heard of a cigarette? ROTFLMAO
Old 12-20-08, 02:38 AM
damon
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you honestly think that Consumer Reports knows the difference between a MASS Air Flow sensor & a Karman Vortex style Air Flow Meter??

Your piezoelectric element tube does not like it but I am sure that CR told you as much.
Old 12-20-08, 03:06 PM
Dereke
Rookie

lol at this clown. yes my cel came on as soon as i started it. i pulled the code and guess which one it said it was. also checked the maf with the ohm meter. says its shot as per lexls.com's website. results speak for them selves and you need to get on some ridilin or something.

Quick Reply: afm/maf