LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Eagle eyes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-09, 02:22 PM
Yotarip
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Python,

That's a clean *** OG LS400.

Best pic

Old 08-01-09, 02:23 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by naes
i aint trying to be for or against anything here
im just speaking my mind thats all

but i find the stock headlights nice as it is
or the 1pc's which gives it a really clean look

its like how it is in the racing world
jdm enthusaists are agains ricers
and i just think the ebay headlights look "ricey"

but yeah do whatever you want! nobody can stop you
in the racing world the jdm enthusiasts and ricers often get lumped into the same category by those few hardcore racers, the ones out there in their caged, fia-spec safety reg cars.

that being said, i only really like the clear lenses when there's a projector retro inside them.
Old 08-02-09, 05:57 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Yotarip
Python,

That's a clean *** OG LS400.

Best pic

lol thx..u nailed it btw ill be 50 soon
Old 09-09-09, 05:28 PM
doyo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing this topic back up, with a few pics!

After reading the review and seeing the pics of the Eagle Eyes, I went ahead and bought myself a set too. I immediately began experimenting with the corners, and here is the current result.

I used a heatgun to bake off the lenses, and found that the chrome-plate is held on by 2 philips screws. The rest of the inside is just glossy black plastic. At first, I spray-painted them, but they never could match the mirroring of the rest of the Eagle Eyes. Currently, I've got a chrome-mirror mylar sheet, cut to shape, and rubber cemented on. It's holding up okay at the moment, but I know it's going to be temporary. I'll probably attempt a mirror-vinyl, whenever it begins to fall apart.

Now, onto the light output: It is absolutely fantastic. I moved from semi-broken, stock '92 headlights to these, and WOW. It's got a decent cut-off line, with minimal spots appearing past the line. With just the headlights on, they're about as bright as when I had both lights and fogs on before. Turning on the fogs with the Eagle Eyes is a whole new level. It just completely blows the stock fogs out of the water, being able to throw light to the side and lighting up buildings and such. However, even being such a great upgrade from the stockers, these are still no match compared to most modern headlights. Aside from an HID and projecter kit, however, these would be the best bet.

One thing I do hate about the Eagle Eyes is the fitment. They'll bolt in fine with a bit of pushing, but it doesn't look like it's possible for me to get the corners on with stock-like gaps. It's kinda stuck a bit forward, and sticking a little out at the front edge. Anyway, thanks to python for this topic, since I based my purchase decision on his pics, and thanks to the rest of you for all the other headlight/conversion topics! I probably wouldn't have figured out how to swap the headlights and change the 9004 to 9003 by myself.
Old 09-10-09, 06:23 AM
python
Lexus Champion

wow! those corners look amazing! i would be glad to pay you to make mine look like that, let me know ill ship em out immediately. i have been trying to tell the gen 1 owners that these lights are the way to go as of right now, we will see what joe has in store but for now these eagle eyes are the best thing going
Old 11-09-09, 08:52 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Python,

Did you end up putting in HID's with the Eagle Eye's? If so, how are they with the HID's?

Jim
Old 11-10-09, 05:49 AM
python
Lexus Champion

not yet bro, im trying to decide which ones to get
Old 11-11-09, 01:12 AM
qha_vn
Pole Position

this is the cutoff line of my 90' ls400 new retrofit. i inserted projectors into eagle eyes, my setup is: d2s phillips 4300k bulbs, masu****a ballasts and bosch projectors. retrofit is still in progress, more pix coming soon

a closer look at driver side headlight in action

Last edited by qha_vn; 11-11-09 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-11-09, 01:51 AM
Jasbmo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking good qha, nice cutoff line! do you have any photos from the front with the headlights installed?
Old 11-11-09, 02:03 AM
qha_vn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jasbmo
looking good qha, nice cutoff line! do you have any photos from the front with the headlights installed?
thanks, they are coming soon. i am now messing up with wiring. hope to show more pix in next few days
Old 11-11-09, 05:23 AM
python
Lexus Champion

anxious to see the end result!
Old 11-11-09, 08:31 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice..what projector is that?
Old 11-11-09, 12:26 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking really nice qha. Thats exactly what i want to do. Post some more pictures please :-) I've searched for some DIY guides but havent found anything. Lets share with eachother how to make it work the best way. Looking really good :-) Can't wait to get mine installed.
Old 11-11-09, 06:35 PM
qha_vn
Pole Position

guys, i finished the "pilot" installation last night, started at 11:00PM and finished about 2:00AM today including a very first road test. sorry i didnt have time to take some pix of process, but i will do it once i have time (maybe tonight)

needless to say, these headlights are really really bright on road. cutoff is nice too. hi beam isnt tested yet as i didnt have time to wire the solenoid

i will try to explain detailed process of my project here and pix as many as i can (or maybe a new thread? if considered off topic)
Old 11-11-09, 06:47 PM
vioswhite
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by qha_vn
guys, i finished the "pilot" installation last night, started at 11:00PM and finished about 2:00AM today including a very first road test. sorry i didnt have time to take some pix of process, but i will do it once i have time (maybe tonight)

needless to say, these headlights are really really bright on road. cutoff is nice too. hi beam isnt tested yet as i didnt have time to wire the solenoid

i will try to explain detailed process of my project here and pix as many as i can (or maybe a new thread? if considered off topic)
thanks for ur pics and pls post more so that I can fix my lovely 400

Quick Reply: Eagle eyes