LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

thinking of getting megans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-09, 12:03 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

seconded.

also, you may as well hold off on the alignment til after you do the 2nd gen brakes since you'll need to swap the lower ball joints in the front out at the same time to make clearance.
Old 01-16-09, 05:42 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

here are some pics, hope u guys like what ive done
Attached Thumbnails thinking of getting megans?-000_0208.jpg  
Old 01-16-09, 05:43 AM
python
Lexus Champion

this is the side that has bothered me since i bought the car
Attached Thumbnails thinking of getting megans?-000_0209.jpg  

Last edited by python; 01-16-09 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-16-09, 05:45 AM
python
Lexus Champion

front shot with billit and eagle eyes
Attached Thumbnails thinking of getting megans?-000_0211.jpg  
Old 01-16-09, 05:46 AM
python
Lexus Champion

last picture
Attached Thumbnails thinking of getting megans?-000_0210.jpg  
Old 01-16-09, 10:40 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

seems that drivers side is lower than pass. side (you need to compensate for the lean in the OEM suspension) and you are still relatively high.

rest of the car, while not really to my taste, is admittedly clean.
Old 01-16-09, 02:47 PM
python
Lexus Champion

ya i think the drivers side is1/8- 3/16 in. higher, i dont really know what ur taste is p/d, but u have been asking me to post pics like u were really interested in what it was going to look like and now that ive posted pics u say its not to your taste? well i got news for ya...im not gonna lose sleep over what is or isnt to ur liking, i do know this much, there isnt many 1st gens on here that can even come close to my car....
Old 01-16-09, 04:40 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
seems that drivers side is lower than pass. side (you need to compensate for the lean in the OEM suspension) and you are still relatively high.

rest of the car, while not really to my taste, is admittedly clean.
After I installed the Megans, drove around for 2 weeks, THen did a full adjustment with my weight in the drivers side (I am super ****), so that the car is level with me in it.

Then did the full performance alignment. Love the ride, the height, and I am not laying frame
Attached Thumbnails thinking of getting megans?-detail-021.jpg  
Old 01-16-09, 04:59 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ wouldn't the drivers side be higher when you were out of the car? :P
OP.. your ls looks great, im looking into getting megans from M1 aswell (Y)
Old 01-16-09, 05:01 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by farquad
^ wouldn't the drivers side be higher when you were out of the car? :P
Yup, slightly, as I am not fat I rather the car have perfect balance and geometry on the road while driving, than in the parking lot, while sitting
Old 01-16-09, 05:34 PM
MEANDAFAKA
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking sick
Old 01-16-09, 05:37 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

i was interested in what it would look like, but it's not what i was expecting. i just don't like some things like your wheel choice and billet grill. imho the wheels have that one piece cheap look (that some 1piece wheels can shed, they almost look 2-3 piece) and the gill looks a bit cheap because of the number of slats.

i just don't like it personally, doesnt mean you don't have to like it any less.
Old 01-16-09, 06:13 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
i was interested in what it would look like, but it's not what i was expecting. i just don't like some things like your wheel choice and billet grill. imho the wheels have that one piece cheap look (that some 1piece wheels can shed, they almost look 2-3 piece) and the gill looks a bit cheap because of the number of slats.

i just don't like it personally, doesnt mean you don't have to like it any less.
lmao....the number of slats determines how cheap it is? hmm, my grille is made by trend, the wheels i have, look better than most of the full face rims i have seen on here^^^^^, and the so called fitment most have where the fenders are rolled and the wheels have the camber so far out of kilter that they are not sitting straight is totally ridiculous...but i guess to each his own and im glad my taste differs from urs...but thats just me and my years of knowing what looks good and what doesnt...btw why not post a pic of ur car and lets all see what you bring to the table...personally i cant wait

Last edited by python; 01-16-09 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-16-09, 06:27 PM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Python looking good! From the looks of it you dont have a rubing problem. What do you have the dampers set at? Have you attacked any freeway ramps yet? Are you loving them yet?
Old 01-16-09, 06:32 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Cool

Originally Posted by python
lmao....the number of slats determines how cheap it is? hmm, my grille is made by trend, the wheels i have, look better than most of the full face rims i have seen on here^^^^^, and the so called fitment most have where the fenders are rolled and the wheels have the camber so far out of kilter that they are not sitting straight is totally ridiculous...but i guess to each his own and im glad my taste differs from urs...but thats just me and my years of knowing what looks good and what doesnt...btw why not post a pic of ur car and lets all see what you bring to the table...personally i cant wait
let me break it down for you:
1-what looks good to you doesnt necessarily look good to everyone. what looks good to everyone doesnt necessarily look good to you. deal with it.
2-i know it's a TRENDZ grill.
3-i just don't like your wheels, it's not the "number of slats" or whatever, it's the fact that it is very clearly a one-piece wheel that has a cheap look/finish in my eyes.
4-your "knowing what looks good and what doesnt" are worthless to me since taste is subjective, not objective, and is not enhanced by experience.

I'm not going to post a picture in here, if anything i'll start a thread later on but i see no reason to get into a pissing match with you just because you can't deal with the fact i'm not crapping myself while saying how beautiful your car is. it's CLEAN and decently done, i respect that, but it isn't what i would do to MY car. Since it isnt MY car i don't see what you're PMS-ing about.

the moment you post your car on a PUBLIC forum, you should expect some may not like it. just deal with it and move on.

Quick Reply: thinking of getting megans?