LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

NEW MEMBER from the LOC

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-09, 06:49 PM
EUBT
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by black_LS
Welcome, welcome... beautiful car...

Where in ON are you?

Mississauga. Had a studio for 11 years in the former Fashion District in town at Portland & King. There's a neat small MINI dealership on King now, tucked in with other storefronts. The traffic from the Dome and club district nearby on Richmond just killed it for me. Still love it though, but for visiting only. Btw, read a post from SK, about this years schedule for Toronto club meets. Since you're driving similar cars, you should look it up. He was talking about other clubs like Jaguar, etc participating. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 02-02-09, 07:21 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Do they have any pix threads going here?
Trust me, there are alot of pics threads going on here. LOl!!! This one should keep you busy for a minute,,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...of-ur-car.html
Old 02-02-09, 09:01 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by genetic
your LS is CLEAN!
Thanks genetic. Pretty much clean. Forgot to finish the tires before taking the shots. Rushed the pics a bit. Look hella better when I finished them.
Old 02-02-09, 10:33 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by trukn1
Trust me, there are alot of pics threads going on here. LOl!!! This one should keep you busy for a minute,,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...of-ur-car.html
A bit longer than a minute. Thanks for the link. Always interested in nice car pix.
Old 02-03-09, 03:22 AM
RUDENESS
Pole Position

whats the mileage??
Old 02-03-09, 07:18 AM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by RUDENESS
whats the mileage??
265,000 km or about 164,000 miles - comes out to about 9k miles annually.
Old 02-03-09, 09:50 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah well someone had to stand up for her

Everyone is worried about "feelings" and being "nice"

BULL S***! No one's going to stand up for a female?? I guess I had to be the big man at LOC for a while! HAHAHA
Old 02-03-09, 10:00 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Hey bud, welcome to CL! I completely missed this thread. I knew you would come over here sooner or later, this site is just as good as the other i think, if not better for a few things. (fast responses for instance, LOC doesnt have near the memberbase that this one has).

again, welcome! Nice ride!
Old 02-03-09, 03:41 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by jcrome04
Yeah well someone had to stand up for her

Everyone is worried about "feelings" and being "nice"

BULL S***! No one's going to stand up for a female?? I guess I had to be the big man at LOC for a while! HAHAHA
Jc, I'll give you props for defending the honour of a lady. Goodonya, keep it up. You never know, she might invite you for lunch. I still say there should be a special section for mudslinging, nothing obscene mind you, but complete with pics, verbiage, and emotion.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Hey bud, welcome to CL! I completely missed this thread. I knew you would come over here sooner or later, this site is just as good as the other i think, if not better for a few things. (fast responses for instance, LOC doesnt have near the memberbase that this one has).

again, welcome! Nice ride!
Thanks Army. It took a while but I made it, I'm here. Looking forard to mixing it up.

Listen guys, I'm not sure about EUBT. Can't use eatingupblacktop because it's too long. I feel like a fish out of water. Dave thought I could use EUblacktop. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions.
Old 02-03-09, 04:02 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice and very clean. Must be from Canada with those bumper nipples, eh?
Old 02-03-09, 09:50 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by avalon42
Nice and very clean. Must be from Canada with those bumper nipples, eh?

Thanks and right you be avalon. But you'd be surprised how usefull those nipples are during our winters. I'm wondering why they didn't include block heaters for the Canadian cars. Might be more usefull than the nipples.
Old 02-04-09, 11:23 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

How about "eatingupblktp"?

How many characters can you have.
Old 02-04-09, 01:52 PM
EUBT
Driver

Cool

Originally Posted by jcrome04
How about "eatingupblktp"?

How many characters can you have.
I would do it, but it has more than 10 characters. Close but no cigar. I'm leaning towards leaving it the way it is, with eatingupblacktop in my sig. Hey, maybe I should start a petition to increase the allowable number of characters. Apparently the way they have it setup, long names would "eatup" too much of the screen view, so they set it at 10. Thanks anyway. Btw, how's you egr situation?
Old 02-04-09, 04:50 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 256 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by EUBT
I'm wondering why they didn't include block heaters for the Canadian cars.
Block heaters have long been available as an inexpensive accessory from Canadian Lexus dealers: http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...ction=vehicles

If I remember correctly, the same block heater fits all Lexus models and years. The suggested retail install price was less last year than the current price - C$360. I think it was C$280 last year. I suspect the price is negotiable and that you could buy the part only and either install it yourself or have an indie shop do it.

I had a block heater on my last Mercedes -- got instant heat from the heater on cold winter mornings. It was wonderful. I carried an extension cord in the trunk and I could usually find a place to plug it in at night at hotels while traveling and sometimes even at public parking garages.
Old 02-05-09, 10:32 AM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

My lower tube is cracked. Sounds like trash... Sounds like drunk white trash haha

But I think I might save up for a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I made a little post about it in the Lounge at LOC.

Such a sexy car! Can't believe it's a Hyundai!

Quick Reply: NEW MEMBER from the LOC