LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

From crash to custom ls400

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-09, 05:34 AM
Ursus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant we all jus get aloong?
Old 02-18-09, 06:14 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

he just needs to lighten up...let him do what he wants to do with his car...its not to anyones taste here but so what
Old 02-18-09, 06:55 AM
rustylexus
Driver School Candidate

hey does anyone have an opinion on this chip off ebay. its the LS400 OBD Performance Flasher/Chip for $90.
Old 02-18-09, 07:15 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

This thread is going to be closed pretty soon, but god luck, even though i dont agree with what your doing. As long as you do it correctly, thats all that matters
Old 02-18-09, 08:12 AM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i hope this thread gets closed. you guys are just too uptight. the car is 17+ years old. let him do what he wants with it. but all these drama queen comments are uncharacteristic of the Lexus forum guys.

i guess even lexus owners are angry sometimes
Old 02-18-09, 08:42 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rustylexus
well im gonna start with exhaust. i like the sound with straight pipes but i can tell a difference in power loss without any back pressure. my neighbor has a exhaust system off a dodge viper i was thinking about but it might not fit under my car. i use to have a wrangler with a muffler off a 95 viper and it was the deepest sounding 4 banger i have ever heard so im curious to hear it on my lexus. i would also like to get a chip. has anyone done the resister on the AIT sensor?
Rusty- You need back pressure for the power output of the Lexus. Take 2.25 from the engine into a couple of Magnaflow racing mufflers. IF its too raspy, put resonators in the set-up
Old 02-18-09, 08:48 AM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
Rusty- You need back pressure for the power output of the Lexus. Take 2.25 from the engine into a couple of Magnaflow racing mufflers. IF its too raspy, put resonators in the set-up
I have faith in your project. It's different, but we wont know what it looks like until you finish it.
Old 02-18-09, 10:36 AM
Kingsoup
Pole Position

Am I wrong here or does the big bulged hood offer some functionality? As i understand it there is a low pressure area right at the base of the windshield that helps to draw air into the engine bay on a scoop like that (Mustang 5.0 Style!)

Back on supraforums a lot of people got offended when anyone did anything other then a front lip and rims, its a cool car with a strong motor that can be had for very cheap, why not mod it up? I guess this is LEXUS forums though, not ClubSi, or Accord owners group or J-body.org!

Also props for coming back after so much negative critisism, people used to say drifting was the stupidest thing ever then it got really big, people used to make fun of "jdm" people then it got Huge, on and on.

I think VIP styling is kind of rediculous, but other people around here think its totally awesome, in the same way they don't like your mods, its all relative there is no accouting for peoples tastes

Last edited by Kingsoup; 02-18-09 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-18-09, 10:42 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Dont want to be that guy, but make sure that scoop doesn't hit your windshield wipers when you open the hood, something simple but i have seen times where the scoop has prevented people from opening the hood fully....stupid i know
Old 02-18-09, 10:44 AM
rustylexus
Driver School Candidate

if i put just the stock resonators on would it help with my back pressure without quieting it down?
you think im gonna get the best sound out of magnaflow? i love the sound when it idols with no exhaust. i want it to keep the muscle sound.
does anyone know what borla sounds like?
Old 02-18-09, 12:18 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rustylexus
hey does anyone have an opinion on this chip off ebay. its the LS400 OBD Performance Flasher/Chip for $90.
its BS.
basically another way to try and fool the ECU that doesnt work.
Old 02-18-09, 12:20 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by Kingsoup
Am I wrong here or does the big bulged hood offer some functionality? As i understand it there is a low pressure area right at the base of the windshield that helps to draw air into the engine bay on a scoop like that (Mustang 5.0 Style!)

Back on supraforums a lot of people got offended when anyone did anything other then a front lip and rims, its a cool car with a strong motor that can be had for very cheap, why not mod it up? I guess this is LEXUS forums though, not ClubSi, or Accord owners group or J-body.org!

Also props for coming back after so much negative critisism, people used to say drifting was the stupidest thing ever then it got really big, people used to make fun of "jdm" people then it got Huge, on and on.

I think VIP styling is kind of rediculous, but other people around here think its totally awesome, in the same way they don't like your mods, its all relative there is no accouting for peoples tastes
again, quality over taste, if this was a vent/scoop that was at least properly done, then it wouldn't be getting such criticism.
Old 02-18-09, 12:21 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by python
he just needs to lighten up...let him do what he wants to do with his car...its not to anyones taste here but so what
i don't need you telling me what I need to do thanks
Old 02-18-09, 12:22 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by python
lmfao!....rusty,get ur body work done, paint ur car black, lower it, and put the exact same rims as p/d....everyones car should look like his...otherwise he just goes on and on, ooops im diggin another hole
oh yes...that's exactly it
Old 02-18-09, 12:32 PM
rustylexus
Driver School Candidate

if you were wondering why there is tape on the front bumper in the first picture this is why.
Attached Thumbnails From crash to custom ls400-picture-369.jpg  

Quick Reply: From crash to custom ls400