LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Egged LS400

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-09, 07:20 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Egged LS400

Hey guys, last week Wednesday my car got egged while i was home and it was on the driveway around 9:30pm. My first guess was that it was someone in the neighbourhood who had a problem with my swag (jk). Called up a buddy to calm down, I was flaming.. half an hour later he calls back saying he just noticed his car got egged as well. Soo, it has to be someone that knows where both him and i live.. haven't found the person nor do i have a clue who did it.. I wish i had a lead on this..
I had to go through a car wash, went to a touchless because my car won't clear the rails of the cloth ones.. didn't do much, went to another guy's house and tried to hand wash the stupid eggs off.. went back home at midnight to study for my exam the next morning
a couple days later, i noticed that there's some circular damage from the eggshells, a good 5 different spots.. the friggin shells went through the paint in those spots, doesn't seem like it's gonna buff out either.. it could have been worse, those 5.ish spots are like 2inches with tiny 'cuts' in them
No one has any reason to hate me either, which is what confuses me

pics from the night of

Old 05-19-09, 07:34 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to see what they did - gotta be a bored kid who has no regard for a nice car! Atleast you got it cleaned off fast to avoid issues to your finish.
Old 05-19-09, 07:39 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Some little runt hatin' on your game! Gotta keep that swag under wraps; makin the natives jealous.
Old 05-19-09, 07:43 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ouch...egg shells harm up a cars paint bad. good thing it was at night where the sun couldnt bake it.
Old 05-19-09, 07:49 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mannn,,that is just painful to see. 1 reason why they would hate on you is the curtains in the window. tint those windows man, what you waiting for. LOL!! As LI Celsior stated, it was a good thing this hapened at night and that the sun didnt get to it to bake it in. Egg will do a great deal of damage to a car's paint. Looking at the pics again, that was ALOT of eggs thrown at your car. I would start re-thinking which female you have made mad lately.
Old 05-20-09, 05:52 AM
whiteivory
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man. Haters will hate.
That's whay they do.

*captain obvious to the rescue*
Old 05-20-09, 05:54 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

egg shells will take the paint right off, if u look closely at where any of them hit the paint directly u will notice tiny chips out of the paint...hopefully they only hit the windows and everything else is only splattered on the car
Old 05-20-09, 06:46 AM
oofer
Rookie

That's infuriating! I took out my 95 LS out of winter hibernation a month ago.Two weeks later, I go back to my car after having done some shopping at Wal-Mart only to be greeted with a 5 inch scratch on the driver's door.Someone had keyed it! You'd think it would have been safe in the reserved handicap parking-yes I did have the proper documentation visible.Never quite understood the point of vandalism.On the couple of occasions when I have seen acts of vandalism in progress(be it on private or public property), I make my 6 foot 2 ,250 pound frame impose fear and watch the young offenders scatter like cockroaches.
Sorry about the rant.I just share your shock and frustration.Sadly, no one came to the defense of my car-though the act of keying probably can go unnoticed.I hope this never happens to you again.
Old 05-20-09, 12:35 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

^ I'm sad to hear your car got keyed, in my opinion, that's worse than what happened to me.. the egg shells/splatter took some hard work to get off, even chipped my paint in some spots.. but i still think it would have been worse if they had keyed my car and i'm thankful for that.. it seems like the lesser of the two evils

yeah it's a good thing a neighbour came and notified me that my car's covered in eggs.. or i would have just studied and gone to sleep.. i have no idea what i would have done in the morning, i wouldn't have had enough time to clean it cause of my exam
Old 05-20-09, 11:04 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup, happened to me too. I was driving along a road with my girl and then saw+heard two distinct hits on the right side of my car. Of course, I know it was something, so I turned my car around and came up on two hoodlums that were tossing eggs at car while they passed by.

I get out of my car and chase them down on foot, and they try to hide like the lil bastards they are. I lost sight of them after they turned up around a tunnel that went under that road, but then I sat and saw them acting all calmly and nicely to me, saying that I got the two wrong kids (but they saw where the other kids went). Yea right. I wanted to whack one of them with my Maglite, but decided to call the local sheriffs dept instead. Big mistake. The sheriffs dept did not give two ****s about what happened, and the lil brats retreated to their gated community. My car had a busted front right lens and and nice semi-dent plus fragmentation of the paint from the egg shell. I was so pissed off. Then the following day, I get a nice ticket for having tint on my front windows.

Keyed, eggs, 2 entire cars stolen in my lifetime. California is a haven for criminals.