LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Shudder, Stumble at Low RPM ?????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-09, 06:10 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

there are 2 coils and they are visible
Old 09-09-09, 02:50 PM
jserman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by python
there are 2 coils and they are visible
are you talking about the ones on the right and left side of motor on the front??

how do I ohm them out??? what should they be reading???
Old 09-09-09, 03:04 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

no offense man, but if you dont know that a distributor ignition system in a normal japanese car has ignition coils you probably shouldnt be working on aforementioned ignition system...
Old 09-09-09, 06:34 PM
jserman
Rookie

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
no offense man, but if you dont know that a distributor ignition system in a normal japanese car has ignition coils you probably shouldnt be working on aforementioned ignition system...
I do know but I just want to make sure I am doing it right... I have never owned a lexus so it's a little new to me.....thats why i ask the ????

isn't that what forums are all about???? i just want to make sure I am on the same page.... thats all....

I see that the car has 2 coils... one per distributor.... This is what we are talking about right????
Old 09-10-09, 06:18 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

the reason pure drifter said what he did is because u have the potential to make a bad situation worse...yes that is what these forums are for but its all about the capabilities of the person doing the work as well as the knowledge being put forth by the members,so dont take it personal, by the responses u have given it seems u dont have a lot of knowledge is all
Old 09-10-09, 09:08 AM
jserman
Rookie

Originally Posted by python
the reason pure drifter said what he did is because u have the potential to make a bad situation worse...yes that is what these forums are for but its all about the capabilities of the person doing the work as well as the knowledge being put forth by the members,so dont take it personal, by the responses u have given it seems u dont have a lot of knowledge is all
totally understand... but when i have never done something to a particular car i ask a lot of questions to make sure I am on the right page....

the last thing I want to do is mess up my car....

Trust me when I am perfectly capable of doing anything on this car...

I just want to make sure it's done right... maybe I am OCD.... LOL
Old 09-12-09, 09:33 PM
2700$oarer
Rookie

start with your plugs and work your way back to the coils... after cleaning your maf and iac like mentioned earlier. drive ability issues like the one your describing are not caused primarily by emission parts, but can contribute... what your describing sounds like bad spark and possible air related problems. keep in mind if you have done any work to your engine requiring removal of your airbox and these problems following.. could be as simple as a loose clamp. plugs to wires to cap & rotor to ignition coils. dont replace something unless its broken... another thing to keep in mind is the weather as odd as that sounds, because you'd be surprised at where water can find its way into your engine compartment. even though most sections are sealed with rubber gaskets on the 4.0 motor they still can leak..
Old 09-14-09, 01:53 PM
jserman
Rookie

I already cleaned the MAF... prob will be cleaning the IAC and TB here soon... just need to get the gaskets so I can go it.....

on a side note I have noticed that I am loosing coolant...I checked my oil and it's good.. also I am not smoking or anything and there is no liquid on the ground under my car...

you think i have that big of an air bubble in my system... I have prob put almost a gallon of coolant in the car since I have owned it.....
Old 02-10-10, 08:28 PM
jasonburt
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Code 25 and 26 together, most likely bad injector. The coil in the injector is probably faulty. Best to have checked on a bench flow tester. These injectors never clog. The injectors under the throttle body are prone to lots of heat and eventually cause intermitant misses.