LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

New to the forum. checkout my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-09, 06:12 PM
Yotarip
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks really good. I like to see people try something different. As far as fitiment, you cant get any more FLUSH than what you have there IMO. It looks good and is still practical on a daily driver. Somehow, "FLUSH" has now evolved to this trend:

Like you, I'm not found of spacers. If you lower it any more, you will lose your "flush" status but getting your camber set back to spec, should get you back to "flush".
Old 08-06-09, 07:53 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

remember, flush is the lip of the wheel in relation to the fender, not the outer edge of the tire.
Old 08-07-09, 04:41 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yotarip
Like you, I'm not found of spacers. If you lower it any more, you will lose your "flush" status but getting your camber set back to spec, should get you back to "flush".
If he drops it more and puts his camber back to spec he'll hit the fender all day long. He needs more camber so the wheel/tire can move up & down without hitting the fender.
Old 08-07-09, 01:24 PM
Do.Man
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can dig the look.=)
Old 08-07-09, 01:52 PM
VIP92Ls400
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yotarip
Looks really good. I like to see people try something different. As far as fitiment, you cant get any more FLUSH than what you have there IMO. It looks good and is still practical on a daily driver. Somehow, "FLUSH" has now evolved to this trend:

thank you! i took a level last night and put it on the lip of the wheel and the fender and it is level. Must be flush! I agree that lowering it will push the camber negative, but if i adjust it out it will be closer to what it is now. You also have to remember that this is not a show car and I would like the camber to be reasonable so I dont wear out tires and get the best performance possible. My current setup definatly gives the car a true VIP look, although it could go lower. Its not as aggressive as some, but thats not what I was going for.
Old 08-07-09, 01:55 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

A BMW tech with a lexus? impossible haha, jk, very nice ls, that paint looks mint
Old 08-07-09, 02:36 PM
steveski
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good point on the old school black euro sedans with gold BBS style wheels. I always dug those. Sort of like the vintage BMW 636CSI coupes - sweet.
Old 08-07-09, 03:42 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a good lookin ls but i dont see the vip appeal in it. If you can appreciate the style but arent willing to go all the way than why label it as such? Its a clean ls with a classic appeal, nothing more.

btw welcome to CL
Old 08-07-09, 04:38 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Brandicus
Its a good lookin ls but i dont see the vip appeal in it. If you can appreciate the style but arent willing to go all the way than why label it as such? Its a clean ls with a classic appeal, nothing more.

btw welcome to CL
agreed, it's a clean car but it is NOT VIP styled. it is a VIP car nonetheless but not of a "VIP" style based upon the trend.
Old 08-07-09, 07:14 PM
VIP92Ls400
Driver School Candidate

thats where I dissagree.... first of all, all i have done so far are the wheels and coilovers, so the car is not nearly done, although i will keep it simple. Just because I dont have the "typical" VIP style wheels with huge lips and a super low offset with lots of camber, doesnt mean the car isnt a VIP styled car. The pictures probably dont due it justice, the car has a sexy stance and definatly has a VIP style, just not typical of most. Thats all I will say....
Old 08-07-09, 07:36 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look dude, im not saying your car looks bad, I love the look your rocking. but that fact that you think vipstyle is all about these things:

[QUOTE=VIP92Ls400;4746831]"typical" VIP style wheels with huge lips and a super low offset with lots of camber, doesnt mean the car isnt a VIP styled car. QUOTE]

...shows your inexperience with the style. I appreciate that your trying to break from the mold, but vip is all about stance and fitment with luxury styling being the icing on top... and big 5 spoke sporty wheels with non agressive/sunken fitment and no other mods dont really fit the bill brotha.

Once again, not trying to be insulting, but you should check out vipstylecars.com and introduce yourself, stick around, and read up.
Old 08-07-09, 09:25 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

i'm rollin with the mob on this one.

a car does not have to have certain size wheels or be a certain height to be grouped in the vast realm which is vip imo.

what is does have to do is convey a certain look of ballerishness (yeah, i made that up) and be within the guidelines of the style.

what you have is a platform car cheaply dropped on cheap wheels (that are flush at current height imo btw). i'm not knockin it, it's clean enough, but let's call it what it is.

point is: you can't shape some ground chuck like a t-bone, call it a steak, and say "i'm just doin it a little different". just be happy with hamburgers.

Last edited by BLKonBLK98; 08-07-09 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-07-09, 10:38 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
point is: you can't shape some ground chuck like a t-bone, call it a steak, and say "i'm just doin it a little different". just be happy with hamburgers.
sums it up perfectly
Old 08-07-09, 10:50 PM
VIP92Ls400
Driver School Candidate

I smell haters!! Its all good though, like i said, everyone has their own opinions. The fact is, the car looks and rides great, and definatly emits a VIP ora. I have been following the scene and "trends" for quite some time now. I could have chosen many different wheels, including the typical choices, but these came along and they were for me, money was not an issue. I have just begun the transformation of my ls400 and i will keep you updated on the progress. All i know is, I get lots of love wherever I go!!!
Old 08-08-09, 12:05 AM
jserman
Rookie

I had the same wheels on my 240 and wondered what they would look like on the lexie.... not sure if I am feeling it..... but like you said it's a work in progress keeping going with it...

Quick Reply: New to the forum. checkout my ride!