LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My 93 LS400...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 07:37 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks nice! Did your exhaust come with the extended tips? The tips look kinda hidden in the bumper now.

Can't wait to see the paint polished out because it looks pretty dull right now.
Old 10-04-09, 09:46 PM
nuron
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That grill looks really nice, makes it look more modern and like the 95+ years. Where did you get it and did you have to do any custom fab?
Old 10-05-09, 05:26 AM
GABE_LS400
Rookie

car looks good, but I would have just painted it all black. That grey for some reason looks dull.
Old 10-05-09, 09:25 AM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

looks pretty good. i actually prefer the flush tips to the poked out vip standard.

constructive criticism: bumper needs some love (aside from the obvious paint). you can see where the bumper lights were shaved. i applaud the diy effort so roll up your sleeves, get in there, and do it all again. lol. it will come out better the second time.
Old 10-05-09, 07:13 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile To chrispy...

Thanks! The exhaust did not come with extended tips.

Originally Posted by chrispy
Looks nice! Did your exhaust come with the extended tips? The tips look kinda hidden in the bumper now.

Can't wait to see the paint polished out because it looks pretty dull right now.
Old 10-05-09, 07:15 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To nuron...

Thanks! I got the grill at YAJ. No custom fabs.

Originally Posted by nuron
That grill looks really nice, makes it look more modern and like the 95+ years. Where did you get it and did you have to do any custom fab?
Old 10-05-09, 07:18 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To BLKonBLK98...

Hahaha! Thanks! I actually saw that right from the first coat and just ignored it because I am drained. But, I will fix it and make it proper.

Thanks again

Originally Posted by BLKonBLK98
looks pretty good. i actually prefer the flush tips to the poked out vip standard.

constructive criticism: bumper needs some love (aside from the obvious paint). you can see where the bumper lights were shaved. i applaud the diy effort so roll up your sleeves, get in there, and do it all again. lol. it will come out better the second time.
Old 10-05-09, 09:12 PM
BLKonBLK98
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Garage7RP
Hahaha! Thanks! I actually saw that right from the first coat and just ignored it because I am drained. But, I will fix it and make it proper.
trust me, i know how it is. learning what you can't get away with is just as much a part of learning as what you can.
Old 10-25-09, 09:54 AM
jbreezy27

personally it looks like too much of a ricer too me now. thats my opinion. i like the more classic look, dont get me wrong some upgrades are needed such as lights, tint, wheels, exhaust and whatever, but a full body kit and lowered like that? you might as well get a honda. your car looks good its just not for me but keep up the good work
Old 10-25-09, 01:48 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by jbreezy27
personally it looks like too much of a ricer too me now. thats my opinion. i like the more classic look, dont get me wrong some upgrades are needed such as lights, tint, wheels, exhaust and whatever, but a full body kit and lowered like that? you might as well get a honda. your car looks good its just not for me but keep up the good work
so every car that has a full kit and is lowered, regardless of the work done, is a ricer?

wowww someone's misinformed. you have every right to not like the way a car comes out, but mislabelling it won't end well.
Old 10-25-09, 02:51 PM
jbreezy27

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
so every car that has a full kit and is lowered, regardless of the work done, is a ricer?

wowww someone's misinformed. you have every right to not like the way a car comes out, but mislabelling it won't end well.
i was looking at the first page where he was not finished
it now looks much better.
i apologize that i did not notice the finished product, now it doesn't look like a ricer as it does in the early stages
Old 10-25-09, 10:00 PM
Rides Low
Former Sponsor

looking really good Garage7RP. glad the progress is being made!
Old 10-25-09, 11:42 PM
tommi3
Driver School Candidate

Its inspiring thats all i gotta say
Old 11-25-09, 11:05 PM
Loo-10-ant
Driver School Candidate

Default Nice work....No imagination, no wet Dream...

@Garage7RP... I commend your work boss..nice job. I have read this thread and your progress. I am a getting back into the customizing after being out of it for quite a while raising my kids....All projects ceased and were sold of 18 years ago. I was a Die Hard minitrucker back in the 80's. All my trucks wound up in either truckin mag or Minitruck Magazine (Defunked in 84-85) THen MiniTruckin mag came out about the time where I was competing with Trailered trucks at truck shows.My last show was in Myrtle Beach Minitruck Madness in 1991. I drove my trucks on the street to show them off as it was my business card for Paint, Hydraulics, graphics (before Vinyl came out) and Bass boxes. After having Twin boys, and today (Nov 25,2009 its their birthday, they just turned 19) sort of marks a milestone and a renewed interest in Customizing again. Teaching them what I know about body mods, paint, mechanics etc.
I have 2 LS400's a 92 and a 93. the 92 has rear damage, and the 93 has front end damage. I am using the 92 for parts to fix the 93. I would like to know what the size of your rims are and the offset. Also I read something about you pulling and rollingl the inside lip. Is this necessary for this size wheel? Anyway...I've typed enough...don't want to clog up the thread... I will start a Build thread when I start working on them. I had to retime the engine in the 92 and it runs like a damn top! Smooth....When I got it home I found the timing belt was off a few notches for whatever reason...runs great now. Here is a Peep at the trucks I've owned and built from the ground up.

From Buried in the woods bound for the junk yard and rescued by me..
From this....

to this....

then this...

and finally to this...

My Toyota 4x4

Final

And last was my Mazda King cab which I miss to this day! LEG room!!!

FinaL mOd before selling this Sled, welded Body to the Cab and Fiberglassed the SnugTop into the Cab and Covered it with Convertible top Canvas. Shaven handles, Frenched antenna, Maxima headlights, Honda prelude Power Sliding Sunroof with 1/2 clearance left in the rear...tight fit! Alpine 1500 watt System.

The point of this thread is to take your criticism with a grain of salt. Do YOU!
Everyone has to start somewhere....I started with a Rusted out Chevy Luv, Never did any kind of welding or body work...but I used my common sense and determination, Losing truck shows in order to learn how to overcome criticism, and most of all learn the art of perfectionism when it comes to public display of your work... Keep on doing it man...I had a normal 9-5 job and did paint, Hydraulics, and custom body work on the side for others who liked my work to pay for All the extra things for my trucks...It pays off in the end.
And GOOD JOB on your LS!
Old 11-27-09, 08:30 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To Loo-10-ant...

Thank you! I remember those MiniTruckin Mags back in the days and it shows on the styles and combination of colors on your trucks. I always admire the fabrications, paint finish, and styles. Although, during those times, I was into Autocrossing and drag racing.

I am sure that you will build an awesome LS and I am looking forward in seeing your build thread so I can get some pointers. On the fenders, I have to roll them because the tires hits on the inner lip when I drive low where I only want to tuck the tires. I did not want to run too lower tire profile and skinnier tires causing them to stretch too much because I daily drive the car too. I do not see the point of trying to make a car look nice and just garage it. The wheels are (F) 20x9 et30 and (R) 20x10 et25.

I do not mind criticisms at all and I would like to someday perfect the work that I did and learn what the professionals know. I hope someday I will have the driving force, skills and knowledge that you have when you were into your prime customizing years. Do not hesitate to ask me some questions if ever I can help you.

Thank you for checking out my thread!

Quick Reply: My 93 LS400...