LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My 93 LS400...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 03:31 AM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe that didnt sound right, obviously garage 7rp is really talented and his job and effort on this car is awesome we can all learn a whole lot from his posts, that been said the end result looks completly awful. garage7rp is cool his efforts r great ,the looks like ... well just look at the pics
Old 08-31-09, 06:44 AM
Schnitz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LSprideLS
maybe that didnt sound right, obviously garage 7rp is really talented and his job and effort on this car is awesome we can all learn a whole lot from his posts, that been said the end result looks completly awful. garage7rp is cool his efforts r great ,the looks like ... well just look at the pics
What motivates you to post a negative opinion about a car that he obviously has put a tonne of work into? It doesn't help anyone and it's not constructive so again, what's the point? If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
But I guess 'everybody's got one'.
Old 08-31-09, 06:51 AM
I'mStock
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so u took a great looking car and totally trashed it, toyota spend millions on designing the ls to look so cool, so what makes a guy with a couple thousand bucks think he can do a better job, most of the guys attempting to make the car look better end up with something as ugly as we r seeing in these pics
Welcome to the internet, buddy. Hurry up and learn that you don't have to throw your input around every time you click on a thread.

Secondly, learn to type like an adult, it'll make the crap you're spewing seem a little less juvenile. People usually don't care what someone who sounds like they're 17 has to say, especially one with such a negative demeanor.

Thirdly, we get it, a quick search of your post shows that you've got a hard on for stock LS' and you don't agree with even them most common of mods. Get used to threads like these because in that aspect, you're the minority. Most people on here like to lower their cars, put nice large wheels on them and maybe even get into body work.

Get off your soapbox and lean some tact, you don't even have that many posts yet already they're tired and stale. You're the worst kind of purist...

Grow up.

Last edited by I'mStock; 08-31-09 at 06:43 PM.
Old 08-31-09, 07:30 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice DIY for the engine/tranny mounts....i gotta change mine but i need a lift!
Old 08-31-09, 09:31 AM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile To LSprideLS

Thank you for your opinion. Toyota did spend millions on designing the LS to look so cool but it does not mean it's forbidden to modify it. People have different tastes and that is what makes it fun and challenging.

It is also obvious that I do not have the money like other people have modifiying their cars because if I did, I would have paid someone to modify and finish the car. But, what fun would that be if you're just going to be a POSER! You have a nice car but you can barely do your own oil change or change a flat tire

I do not think that I can do better than most of the guys attempting to make the car look better. I am just sharing my work for others to have the courage to work on their cars. A normal person with basic hand tools and is on a budget can do the job themelves instead of paying a Toyota/Lexus dealer hundreds or thousands of dollars which the end result will be the same. Not all Toyota/Lexus Tech abide by the same standards of moral ethics.

Thanks again

so u took a great looking car and totally trashed it, toyota spend millions on designing the ls to look so cool, so what makes a guy with a couple thousand bucks think he can do a better job, most of the guys attempting to make the car look better end up with something as ugly as we r seeing in these pics
Old 08-31-09, 09:40 AM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To LSprideLS

The car does look awful because it still needs paint. And again, I'm not trying to say my car and the mods are better that anyone else. If that was the case I would have placed that as a Title.

Old 08-31-09, 09:55 AM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To PureDrifter

I have made a separate thread for the DIY Engine and Transmission Bushings Replacement.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...placement.html

Please help me sticky this. Thanks!

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
hey Garage7RP, PM a mod, you should really make another thread for your DIY, its similar enough to what's needed for the UCF20/21 that i'll throw it up on the UCF20 FAQ Sticky.
Old 08-31-09, 10:42 AM
whysub
Driver School Candidate

I've not long had my LS, and still not sure what to do to modify it beyond wheel and ride height mods.

FWIW, I had a Mercedes that I put a bodykit on to. I thought it looked terrible, but as I spent a lot of time fixing it on, I was not going to take it off, so carried on with the paint.Once the paint was on, it transformed the whole look of the kit-it looked like the car was designed like that from the start, and it looked so right.

I look forward to seeing Garage 7RP's ride one painted. But as long as G RP7 likes it (and he sounds like he is reserving judgement at the moment), then that's what counts. And good to see his photos and commentary on how he went about it-more power to his elbow.
Old 08-31-09, 01:13 PM
LSprideLS
Driver School Candidate

im happy garage7rp is such a sport and he understands what im saying without resorting to insulting my charcter just coz i might not agree with him. im a straight forward guy i wont lie ,ill say it how i see it that doesnt always mean im right or wrong. but others r obviously insecure insulting my bad grammer skills ,telling me not to post at all or calling me a 17 year old haha all that anger coz he disagree with me plz
Old 08-31-09, 01:31 PM
I'mStock
Pole Position

im happy garage7rp is such a sport and he understands what im saying without resorting to insulting my charcter just coz i might not agree with him. im a straight forward guy i wont lie ,ill say it how i see it that doesnt always mean im right or wrong. but others r obviously insecure insulting my bad grammer skills ,telling me not to post at all or calling me a 17 year old haha all that anger coz he disagree with me plz
Old 08-31-09, 01:32 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

LSprideLS: This is a community of different taste. It is just not nice that you have all these negative comments. Yes provided that Garage7RP would probably want to hear it but you do not need to broadcast it to the whole world. Thats what "PM" is there for. What is the point of you joining the forum if you don't want to learn from other people other than you just like your ride all stock? No matter which forum you go to, FORD, TOYOTA, NISSAN, LEXUS, HONDA, HYUNDAI, DAEWOO etc...... everyone is there to learn and see what nice mods they can make to make their car better.

It is not that it does not look good or what not but i'm sure manufacturers take these mods into consideration to make their products better. Who knows, all these different mods will probably come as standard option in the next few years.
Old 08-31-09, 04:01 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

on a related point, please fix your grammar/spelling, it makes reading your posts a bit more of a chore, decent spelling/grammar is required to keep the forum legible.
Old 08-31-09, 04:26 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Wooow.. Really nice thread. Your project is very cool. Good to see some serious modifications. And dont listen to LSprideLS. Stock is boring. Its more fun to have something that people will turn around and look after. something special and more unique. Of'course its have to be good looking and alot of people dont know the limits and there it goes from cool to riser. But imo its not the thing here.

You go all the way. 20" classic good looking rims and then the air ride and exhaust. And also the bodykit. Only thing i dont like is the eyelids. You say you will try to cut them. Well i dont think they fit an LS.

But else i can just say very nice work there. I know myself how many hours that are used in suchs projects. You do i good job in sharing pictures and giving directions. Very cool i must say. Thumbs up. I hope i can put up some pictures of my LS project soon :-)

I'm looking for a airride kit for my LS also. Maybe you can PM me with price and where you bought it from. That would be nice thank you.

Greetings from Denmark :-) Regards Michael (Sorry for the bad spelling)

Btw, LSprideLS go to ebay and buy some old LS brochures and **** to it. And leave me and other car tuning/moding addicts do the facelifts ;-)
Old 08-31-09, 04:34 PM
Rollaboy
Lead Lap

Come on man.. Your first reply on this thread was a total diss in my opinion. Now you're just trying to get the respect back while playing the one who's the adult and all. If you dont like it then dont post. Now you just ruined his thread. He shows his work and takes pictures and write how to do things. What do you come up with? Nothing but negative vibes
Old 08-31-09, 05:42 PM
Garage7RP
Lead Lap

Smile To Rollaboy

Thank you! I am also unsure of the eyelids as they are starting to look aggressive to me. But those can removed and put on easily and it just depends on the mood.

Many hours after work has been put in car. I got the air ride kit by KSport through RidesLow. You can PM him and he will give you the best price in the market. Let him know that Garage7RP referred you for the extra discount

Just take your time in creating your LS so you will do it right the first time and not waste money.

Thanks again for visiting the thread.

Originally Posted by Rollaboy
Wooow.. Really nice thread. Your project is very cool. Good to see some serious modifications. And dont listen to LSprideLS. Stock is boring. Its more fun to have something that people will turn around and look after. something special and more unique. Of'course its have to be good looking and alot of people dont know the limits and there it goes from cool to riser. But imo its not the thing here.

You go all the way. 20" classic good looking rims and then the air ride and exhaust. And also the bodykit. Only thing i dont like is the eyelids. You say you will try to cut them. Well i dont think they fit an LS.

But else i can just say very nice work there. I know myself how many hours that are used in suchs projects. You do i good job in sharing pictures and giving directions. Very cool i must say. Thumbs up. I hope i can put up some pictures of my LS project soon :-)

I'm looking for a airride kit for my LS also. Maybe you can PM me with price and where you bought it from. That would be nice thank you.

Greetings from Denmark :-) Regards Michael (Sorry for the bad spelling)

Btw, LSprideLS go to ebay and buy some old LS brochures and **** to it. And leave me and other car tuning/moding addicts do the facelifts ;-)

Quick Reply: My 93 LS400...